Post count - What is the purpose?

tinman

I've read in a few recruiting threads posters accusing others of just posting to increase their count. And I agree. What is the purpose of even showing a person's post count? If no real purpose it sure would help cut down on the BS.

I've read in a few recruiting threads posters accusing others of just posting to increase their count. And I agree. What is the purpose of even showing a person's post count? If no real purpose it sure would help cut down on the BS.

Post counts help establish credibility and dedication. (See A4E) Seriously though, it does make identifying a rival fan easier. Trolling amd low post count are a good indicator.

Probably other good reasons but that's the first I could think of off the top of my head.

Cruiser is right. I don't think post count counts for much beyond that.

I do see people using the claim that someone is working on their post count as equivalent to a -1 or to indicate a worthless post.

I do beg to differ. Just because you don't post doesn't mean that you have less creds or you are a troller. I have been here for over 5 years. Hard to say I am a troller!

Oh yeah... +1

I do beg to differ. Just because you don't post doesn't mean that you have less creds or you are a troller. I have been here for over 5 years. Hard to say I am a troller!

Oh yeah... +1

It doesn't mean you're a troll necessarily. Everyone has their first post at some point. The idea, though, is that those with a higher post count are generally folks who are committed in some way (or need to be, like a4e).

;)

It shows how smart you are, kinda like having multiple degrees in science makes you smarter than someone else.

:laugh:;D

Yeah, but once you get above 10,767 posts, you can't get any smarter.

;D

It shows how smart you are, kinda like having multiple degrees in science makes you smarter than someone else.

:laugh:;D

Yeah, but once you get above 10,767 posts, you get a lot smarter.

;D

fify

Archived