2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@ellitor what is with all these unofficials to Georgia all of sudden? I do NOT like this at all! I thought with the way both our seasons are going he would become even more solid to AU. I also thought florida was our biggest competition to hold on to him and not georgia? Freaking kirby bowl cut..........

Nothing new. He always planned to take multiple visits to Georgia. If I was a recruit I would go to a game every week too. While you have to pay for the gas for unofficial visits. Both still give recruits good food away at games whether it be official or unofficial visit and it's a free game.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good point about DB. Who knows. I hope his commitment sticks, dude looks crazy athletic. WOOOO!!!

amen MR MCLOOFUS AMEN!!!!

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well IDK about you but I never really expected him to ever play QB at AU. More like a wink wink kind of jason smith deal there. He is a high 4 star on every site besides rivals where hes a 3 star. He has the potential to be a awesome DB and thats why bowl cut and georgia want him so bad. Good point though on the bigger fish! I would venture to say very few schools close as well as WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ALWAYS DO!!! WOOOOO!!!

He knows he's only getting a shot at QB and may be moved quickly. FWIW I personally like him more as a WR than a DB.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He knows he's only getting a shot at QB. FWIW I personally like him more as a WR than a DB.

hmmmmmmmmm I like it!!!! I can see that to! as trooper would say he is so quick you cannot catch him in a phone booth! lol

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nothing new. He always planned to take multiple visits to Georgia. If I was a recruit I would go to a game every week too. While you have to pay for the gas for unofficial visits. Both still give recruits good food away at games whether it be official or unofficial visit and it's a free game.

He'd burn much less gas driving to Auburn and the free game and food is here as well. He's committed here, it would be nice if he was here helping us recruit.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

He'd burn much less gas driving to Auburn and the free game and food is here as well. He's committed here, it would be nice if he was here helping us recruit.

He's been coming here. The only times he's been at Georgia is when we were on the road, which wasn't much, or playing crap teams.

This is the one that would irrationally hurt me more than most, if we lost Bishop. For no real reason, he's been a guy that I've been fascinated with and really excited about, even before he committed. All I've ever seen are highlights so it makes no sense, but there's usually at least one guy in every class that catches my attention.

22 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

This is the one that would irrationally hurt me more than most, if we lost Bishop. For no real reason, he's been a guy that I've been fascinated with and really excited about, even before he committed. All I've ever seen are highlights so it makes no sense, but there's usually at least one guy in every class that catches my attention.

For me in a previous class, it was the McGriff kid. And I think I might've opined earlier in this thread that this guy might help fill that hole in my heart. That's right. I just invoked Extreme on y'all. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

For me in a previous class, it was the McGriff kid. And I think I might've opined earlier in this thread that this guy might help fill that hole in my heart. That's right. I just invoked Extreme on y'all. 

Did McGriff ever make it to florida?

On 10/25/2016 at 2:27 PM, ellitor said:

Agree. These kids always get treated well and UGA is his closest offer.

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Agree. These kids always get treated well and UGA is his closest offer.

Auburn, Alabama is a lot closer to Bishop's hometown of Dawson, Georgia than Athens is.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Auburn, Alabama is a lot closer to Bishop's hometown of Dawson, Georgia than Athens is.

Oh, I didn't realize that. It is his home state school which always carries some weight....at least to visit.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

If Bishop signs with Georgia, then we really need Stidham.

Florida appears to be a bigger threat but he appears to be mostly solid right now,

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

If Bishop signs with Georgia, then we really need Stidham.

Even if Bishop signs with us, we need Stidham or another QB.  We can't stack our QB depth chart with athletes. Queen and White are both injury prone, plus we don't know the long term ramifications of their injuries.  Jeremy is gone. That leaves Woody and another athlete.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Even if Bishop signs with us, we need Stidham or another QB.  We can't stack our QB depth chart with athletes. Queen and White are both injury prone, plus we don't know the long term ramifications of their injuries.  Jeremy is gone. That leaves Woody and another athlete.

IMO we will be shopping for a juco at QB  again.....so I'm not making any projections about next season.  

Maybe E and some of the recruiting people can give us some sense of who is out there on a national basis that we could bring in.   Danged if I would put all my eggs in the Stidham basket......

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

IMO we will be shopping for a juco at QB  again.....so I'm not making any projections about next season.  

Maybe E and some of the recruiting people can give us some sense of who is out there on a national basis that we could bring in.   Danged if I would put all my eggs in the Stidham basket......

It was just reported that D.J. Gillins is visiting this weekend.  JUCO QB who signed with Wisconsin out of HS. 

39 minutes ago, metafour said:

It was just reported that D.J. Gillins is visiting this weekend.  JUCO QB who signed with Wisconsin out of HS. 

Interesting....note the article.....WIsky had moved him to WR.......wonder why that happened.    http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2016/1/1/10699948/wisconsin-football-dj-gillins-transfer

OOPS....just saw this....committed to SMU ?   http://www.scout.com/college/southern-methodist/story/1716392-dj-gillins-commits-to-smu

Looks like we have to beat out Troy for him in addition to SMU ?  

4 hours ago, metafour said:

I hope he is greatly improved since high school. Good Lord his highlights don't look very good at all and we know this staff can't develop a QB to save their life.

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I hope he is greatly improved since high school. Good Lord his highlights don't look very good at all and we know this staff can't develop a QB to save their life.

Gillins injured his knee in the season opener and has undergone surgery.

Gillins, 21, is a graduate of Ribault High School in Jacksonville, Fla., where he accounted for more than 7,200 yards in four seasons as a dual-threat quarterback.

He originally signed with the University of Wisconsin, and after a redshirt season in 2014, he played for the Badgers in 2015 as a wide receiver and special teams player, before transferring to PRCC.

He was slated to be the Wildcats’ starting quarterback this season, and turned in a solid performance in Pearl River’s opening game of the season, a 17-14 loss at Northeast, completing 18 of 29 passes for 165 yards.

However, he suffered a season-ending knee injury in that game and had surgery earlier this month. He has committed to continue his career at Southern Methodist University. He is majoring in sociology.

Source

Another JUCO QB candidate with no resume' to amount to anything beyond HS.   

I hope he is not being considered as the solution to our QB woes.  There must be some guys out there having good seasons and who might be able to play

in the SEC.  

Archived