(7/25/16): Tray commits to AU!

photo of Tray Bishop
Tray Bishop, ATH
Dawson, GA
Ht: 6'3 | Wt: 193 | 40: 4.36
  • Recruiter: Fountain
  • Unofficial Visits to AU: 6/19/15, 7/24/15, 10/31/15, 2/20/16
  • AU first to offer; has early lead

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Penn State, Samford, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Troy and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Nationally No. 148, No. 2 ATH)
Rivals: 3*
Scout: 4*

The 6-foot-3, 193-pounder says the main things that make Auburn his top school right now are the facilities and his relationship with coach Gus Malzahn and recruiting coach Scott Fountain.

https://www.seccount...sider-his-top-3

Bishop is an athlete. He plays quarterback, but will move to wide receiver or safety on the next level. Not a lot of wiggle there, and a little tightness, but straightline speed is elite. Has a real burst when he hits daylight or turns up the field. Could be a big safety who comes downhill. As a receiver, he would be an outside guy with the ability to get vertical. He good length. Will now just have to settle in and learn a position on the next level.

http://www.scout.com/player/200656-tray-bishop/analysis?year=2016

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE has spoken. Where are his Hudl videos and profile info E? You are getting slow in your old age. Lol

I don't do those nearly as much. I did it for MM cuz I'm super excited about him and had a minute of down time to do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

With that height and speed and already over 190 Mikey may have the LB of his dreams. Even though I could see him starting out as a safety and then as he fills out becoming a linebacker. He would have the size to cover TE's and speed to cover backs out of the backfield.

With that height and speed and already over 190 Mikey may have the LB of his dreams. Even though I could see him starting out as a safety and then as he fills out becoming a linebacker. He would have the size to cover TE's and speed to cover backs out of the backfield.

does anyone think he has a chance on offense? Seems electric with the ball in his hands, runs a zone read offense, has (seemingly) good pocket presence (of course I've only seen his highlights and not him getting sacked) and threw some decent passes.

If he wants to play D at the next level then by all means. I feel like the coaches would have a hard time bulking this kid up too much and losing that 4.37 speed.

I also feel like Gus would have an extremely difficult time letting this kid D unless it's extremely obvious that's where he belongs.

If D, put him at CB. Richard Sherman 2.0

Bishop has some wicked speed. JMO, I see him as a WR, or a speed sweep back; a much bigger version of McCaleb.

Archived