2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Looking at his measurable numbers it looks like we got in on the ground floor with him. With those types of numbers I can't but think a lot of other teams will try to get in with this young man I am happy we were one of the first..

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J. Lee just tweeted that we are the frontrunner in this battle.

Have been the whole time. :jossun:/>

I am a bit behind times this 2017 recruiting cycle. Need to get in the game!

• 1 month later...

Free interview notes. Audio clip is in the link

Here's a nutshell version of our interview:

-Yes, Auburn still is his No. 1. But Georgia isn't far behind. In fact, he will visit the Bulldogs on Saturday. Alabama and Ole Miss also are in the mix and Bishop hopes to visit each in the near future.

-Why are the Tigers on top? "My relationship with the coaches and the atmosphere," Bishop said. "Every time it gets better and better."

-The things that stand out at Auburn: He likes how the coaches have gotten to know him, he likes the program's history and he likes the fact he has talked a lot with the current players there.

-Bishop described his lead recruiter at Auburn -- Scott Fountain -- as being a family guy. They've clicked well, he said.

-Auburn has said it will give Bishop a shot at quaterback; Georgia offered him as a dual-threat quarterback.

-According to Bishop, he'll play any position -- quarterback, receiver or safety -- it doesn't really matter.

-Bishop said he hopes to pick a college before his senior season begins.

You can hear the full interview -- and an analysis of Bishop's recruitment -- by hitting the play button above.

• 1 month later...

I see he won't be visiting for BCW. Is he going somewhere else for the weekend?

A name not on the list right now does not mean they are not coming to BCW. It means they have not been confirmed 1 way or the other.

I see he won't be visiting for BCW. Is he going somewhere else for the weekend?

A name not on the list right now does not mean they are not coming to BCW. It means they have not been confirmed 1 way or the other.

I remember reading that now, thanks E.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wrong on an earlier post. We are recruiting Bishop like Jason Smith. As an athlete who will get a shot @ QB. If that does not work then AU would look at him at WR or S.

Bet he switches to WR or S on day 1. Elite athlete, but not an Elite passer. Personally, I would love him at S.

Marshall was not very elite a passer either.

I was wrong on an earlier post. We are recruiting Bishop like Jason Smith. As an athlete who will get a shot @ QB. If that does not work then AU would look at him at WR or S.

Bet he switches to WR or S on day 1. Elite athlete, but not an Elite passer. Personally, I would love him at S.

True but AU never looked at Nick anywhere but QB.

Thought we flirted with trying Nick out at DB? Maybe more of a fan opinion thing before that 2013 season, but thought that was the case. In any sense, the guy seems like a very good athlete and has the size and speed to play the kind of QB we'd like to run the ZR.

Thought we flirted with trying Nick out at DB? Maybe more of a fan opinion thing before that 2013 season, but thought that was the case. In any sense, the guy seems like a very good athlete and has the size and speed to play the kind of QB we'd like to run the ZR.

It was fan hyperbolie. Staff only looked at him at QB.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived