2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Georgia doesn't want him at QB;  just want his signature and then they will stick him wherever they please. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Georgia doesn't want him at QB;  just want his signature and then they will stick him wherever they please. 

Right, Just like they did with Marshall.

14 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Right, Just like they did with Marshall.

They recruited Nick as an athlete after early recruiting him as a QB. They were straight up with him about QB cuz they had Murray.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

They recruited Nick as an athlete after early recruiting him as a QB. They were straight up with him about QB cuz they had Murray.

IIRC, he also wanted to play bball at UGA and they told him that he could do that but not as a QB.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

IIRC, he also wanted to play bball at UGA and they told him that he could do that but not as a QB.

Lol

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just repeating what I read somewhere. Do tell?

I thought you were making a snarky joke so I laughed at the joke.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well that was awkward.  :dunno:

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Well that was awkward.  :dunno:

What? Me not being able to reading sarcasm when it's there & reading sarcasm when it's no there...

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

10-4. For reference:

The AJC Super 11 selection (meaning Marshall) initially was recruited by the Bulldogs as a quarterback. However, at the time they had Aaron Murray in the fold and were heavily into the recruitment of Christian LeMay, then a top-5 quarterback prospect. Meanwhile, Marshall also was a four-star recruiting prospect in basketball and had a desire to play with AAU teammate Kentavious Caldwell-Pope at Georgia. With counsel from (high school coach Mark) Ledford, Marshall reasoned that he could more easily play two sports if he played cornerback rather than quarterback in football. And there was the added incentive of a more likely NFL future at that position.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Could be true but that part was not in the article linked. Article implies he came to the decision on his own not to play Bball & nothing in there about UGA not letting him play Bball if he was a QB...but like I said, very well could be true. Most staffs today would make that ultimadum.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Could be true but that part was not in the article linked. Article implies he came to the decision on his own not to play Bball & nothing in there about UGA not letting him play Bball if he was a QB.

I believe the phrase "can't see the forest for the trees" was invented for situations like this. Never mind. Forget I said anything.

Welp. Florida has made this interesting...Link

Tray Bishop thought he’d be ready to announce his commitment July 25. Now, he isn’t so sure.

After making weekend trips to Georgia and Florida, the 4-star athlete from Dawson (Ga.) Terrell County potentially will delay his decision, he told AuburnUndercover on Monday.

“I don’t want to commit and then de-commit,” Bishop said. “I want to be 100 percent sure.”

According to Bishop, his top three of Auburn, Florida and Georgia are “very close.”

Bishop, the No. 4 athlete nationally in the 247Sports Composite, visited Georgia on Friday through Sunday and Florida Sunday and Monday. The trip to Florida was his first to Gainesville, Fla.

“These last three visits were crucial,” Bishop said. “I went to Georgia, and I had a different look on things. Then I went to Florida, just got back, had a pretty nice business conversation. I saw a lot of things I like. I think I’m going to re-evaluate them again.”

According to Bishop, he will visit Florida again Friday for the Gators’ Friday Night Lights Camp. The next day, he’ll be in Auburn for the Tigers’ prospect picnic.

Bishop wrapped up his Gators visit Monday afternoon. He gave the visit an “8” on a scale of 1 to 10.

What stood out?

“The business part,” Bishop said. “The talk I had with the defensive backs coach Torrian Gray and the defensive coordinator (Geoff Collins). They broke a lot of things down to me. Showed me a lot of of things about the defense. I would fit in perfectly. That kind of sat on my mind.”

While in Gainesville, Bishop also spent time with two Florida defensive backs — Jalen Tabor and Quincy Wilson.

“They were like, ‘Come join the family.’” Bishop recalled. “When (Gray) told Tabor, ‘This is my guy I’m recruiting at safety,’ he was like, ‘We need something like that.’ He said, ‘We don’t have any long safeties and corners. That would be great.’ “

At Georgia, one highlight was “being with the players. I like the good vibe they give off.”

Another one: “The talk I had with the coaches. It was kind of good.”

“Their message to me was, ‘Come home,’ “ Bishop said.

Bishop hopes to return to Athens, Ga., in the fall for game. That would be an official visit.

"I want to see the game-day atmosphere,” Bishop said.

As for Saturday’s Auburn visit, Bishop said that would be his seventh time there.

“I want to see what they’ve got in store for me,” Bishop said. “Since I’ve seen everything, I’m waiting to see what they have for me.”

From another site Tray has delayed his commit date  and last week's Florida visit was his first there.

So it seems like this guy and KJ are currently our two biggest battles, with FL and GA, respectively.

BTW, since FL and GA seem to be mentioned together so frequently, and since most seem to have similar opinions towards the both of them, could an appropriate nickname for them be "The Cocktail Twins?" Just a thought...

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So it seems like this guy and KJ are currently our two biggest battles, with FL and GA, respectively.

KJ? Are you referring to Britt? Different positions

^I know they're two different positions, but they seem to be our two tightest (and most important) recruiting battles right now.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

^I know they're two different positions, but they seem to be our two tightest (and most important) recruiting battles right now.

Respectfully disagree on both. Even if we get Tray we are still likely to take another QB. Britt is 1 of 4 or 5 recruits for the last 2 LB spots. Both are talented but I would not call either the most important. The most important appears to be 5* ATH JaCoby Stevens who could be a game changing prospect. It appears to be shaping up to be an AU-UGA battle. The other importants are finding a real QB, aka landing Jarrett Stidham or flip 1 of the QBs on our board committed to a team w' 2 QB commits, & find a quality Buck to replace Carl.

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The other importants are finding a real QB, aka landing Jarrett Stidham or flip 1 of the QBs on our board committed to a team w' 2 QB commits

^^^This....REAL QB.  Starting to get concerned on the QB recruiting.

E, I noticed you threw Stidham's name out there again; are you saying we have a reasonable or more than reasonable shot at getting him or were you just saying we are pursuing him?

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

E, I noticed you threw Stidham's name out there again; are you saying we have a reasonable or more than reasonable shot at getting him or were you just saying we are pursuing him?

I'd say there is a more than reasonable chance Stidham ends up at AU. 

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Just that we are very interested but WDE's post sounds good.

Archived