2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Gus can't close the deal on his top choice(s) at QB. He's had many seasons to do it and hasn't managed it thus far. Yes, he's gotten Woody, Sean, and Jeremy...but those were not first choice guys like Watson, Harris, and the french sounding guy that went to FSU a couple of years ago. There have been others. If Gatewood sticks, it'll be his first.

Incorrect on Francois part & Gatewood being the first. Tyler Queen was the staff's #1 QB target in the 2015 class & we took him very early. We did not really start going after Francois or a 2nd QB in that class til after TQ's baseball injury in the Spring before his Sr year. Also JJ may have been the #1 target in 2013 too. I don't remember us pushing for any of the other QBs we offered in that class

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus can't close the deal on his top choice(s) at QB. He's had many seasons to do it and hasn't managed it thus far. Yes, he's gotten Woody, Sean, and Jeremy...but those were not first choice guys like Watson, Harris, and the french sounding guy that went to FSU a couple of years ago. There have been others. If Gatewood sticks, it'll be his first.

Incorrect on Francois part & Gatewood being the first. Tyler Queen was the staff's #1 QB target in the 2015 class & we took him very early. We did not really start going after Francois or a 2nd QB in that class til after TQ's baseball injury in the Spring before his Sr year. Also JJ may have been the #1 target in 2013 too. I don't remember us pushing for any of the other QBs we offered in that class

Wasn't JJ a high target of Loeffler, and he became a high priority for Gus b/c he didn't have a lot of time and already had a previous connection? Seems like it took a few weeks for Gus to actually offer JJ b/c he had other targets to exhaust first? I remember Francois being later in the process a few years ago, but we needed him and when it came to crunch time, Gus couldn't get him.

https://www.seccount...oosing-texas-am

Mond says Coach Mazzone was the key factor.... lol

So Sumlin & Mazzone beat Gus and Rhett for a QB. Ouch. Mazzone? :dunno:/> :lmao:/>

Yeah he spurned a Malzahn offense for a Mazzone offense. Ouch is right.

If people are actually gullible to believe it. That quote was all Aggie spin. The real reason he picked aTm was the in state pressure from the aTm network of supporters.

I know its spin but damn it makes AU look bad. Mazzone. LOL. And Mond didn't pick A&M because of the network. That is the AU spin.

Edit......Let's not go there...

https://www.seccount...oosing-texas-am

Mond says Coach Mazzone was the key factor.... lol

So Sumlin & Mazzone beat Gus and Rhett for a QB. Ouch. Mazzone? :dunno:/> :lmao:/>

Yeah he spurned a Malzahn offense for a Mazzone offense. Ouch is right.

If people are actually gullible to believe it. That quote was all Aggie spin. The real reason he picked aTm was the in state pressure from the aTm network of supporters.

I know its spin but damn it makes AU look bad. Mazzone. LOL. And Mond didn't pick A&M because of the network. That is the AU spin.

Edit......Let's not go there...

Don't you know everything lasts forever on the internet?

Listen guys...gatewood! We bring him in and we're good

Yep. Now we just have to close our eyes for the next year and a half and hope he doesn't flip to Florida State.

Listen guys...gatewood! We bring him in and we're good

Yep. Now we just have to close our eyes for the next year and a half and hope he doesn't flip to Florida State.

Yep. Unfortunately.

I would feel better about Joey & his future development if he didn't have to play WR this year because his team has a SR QB the HS coaches feel is D1 legit.

I would feel better about Joey & his future development if he didn't have to play WR this year because his team has a SR QB the HS coaches feel is D1 legit.

Didnt hear that. WTF

Didnt hear that. WTF

Yeah, if this wasn't coming from E who is behind the curve with sarcasm, I would know we were being trolled.

Didnt hear that. WTF

Yeah, if this wasn't coming from E who is behind the curve with sarcasm, I would know we were being trolled.

Pretty sure it's in the Joey thread fellas. Even if not it's real. Keith reported it a month ago.

This entire thing got started because Kellen Mond chose A&M over us and now some think we're looking at Tray Bishop as our next in line QB target. I'm asking people here who think that the negative recruiting against us on this issue has merit why they don't apply the same standard of thinking to our rivals, including the very team Mond just picked over us.

The facts as you state them are exactly right. There is just as much to criticize our rivals about on QB development as there is with us. I'm not sure why some on the thread don't see that but I do know this. The reason our rivals can take advantage of these facts, even though they have some of the same issues, is that they are willing to use it to negative recruit against us. That's why it's an issue. We just have to be willing to use it too and/or have success with more HS QBs. A successful SW would go a long way.

Didnt hear that. WTF

let's recruit that guy

Didnt hear that. WTF

let's recruit that guy

Lol

How many times can the mods and main guys ask the thread be kept on topic??? good lord

So how bout that ATH Bishop...

Didnt hear that. WTF

let's recruit that guy

Any info on the guy ? Is he getting a look? I'm sure we have seen him while looking at Joey.

Didnt hear that. WTF

let's recruit that guy

Any info on the guy ? Is he getting a look? I'm sure we have seen him while looking at Joey.

No clue. There is only 1 Sr recruit from his high school for 2017 and he is not a QB.

Didnt hear that. WTF

let's recruit that guy

No clue. There is only 1 Sr recruit from his high school for 2017 and he is not a QB.

Something seems strange at Batram Trail here. They apparently have 3 QBs that are likely to go to college from the 2017 & 2018 classes including Joey. The 2017 QB just committed to Gardner Webb. The other 2018 QB besides Joey is getting a big push from the BT twitter account. He has visited places like UF & FSU lately. If I was 1 of the 2018 QBs I would seriously look into trying to transfer. Also the BT account has tweeted & RTed stuff about the other QBs but not Joey.

Something seems strange at Batram Trail here. They apparently have 3 QBs that are likely to go to college from the 2017 & 2018 classes including Joey. The 2017 QB just committed to Gardner Webb. The other 2018 QB besides Joey is getting a big push from the BT twitter account. He has visited places like UF & FSU lately. If I was 1 of the 2018 QBs I would seriously look into trying to transfer. Also the BT account has tweeted & RTed stuff about the other QBs but not Joey.

I searched for the 2018 QB and found him but I cannot see anything that would suggest he would jump Gatewood. Just that he has been attending the camp scene.

http://m.staugustine.com/sports/high-school-football/2016-05-17/bartram-trail-football-team-has-wealth-talent-and-depth#gsc.tab=0

http://m.staugustine.com/sports/high-school-football/2016-05-17/bartram-trail-football-team-has-wealth-talent-and-depth#gsc.tab=0

Good find. Having that kind of depth is unimaginable in Alabama. Hope they like taking turns...

http://m.staugustine...depth#gsc.tab=0

Based on that read it looks like Jordan Smith was the passing QB & Joey the running QB. Joey's stats were less than 70 yards passing a game & over 70 rushing a game.

Archived