2017 3* S Carlito Gonzalez Signs with AU (Updated)

Dixie1860

Blessed And Honored To Say That I Have Officially Committed To Auburn University #WarEagle

CL7Bww-WwAAQVPT.jpg

@osama_binlito

"Every time I come down here to Auburn it just feels very good," Gonzalez told 247Sports. "It's a great atmosphere and a good vibe. It feels like this is the place for me to be and I just decided that I was going to officially commit today and bring my talents here."

http://www.al.com/au...lez_commit.html

7_3602630.jpg

Carlito Gonzales, S

Stone Mountain, GA (Stephonson)

Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 190

Offers: Auburn, Kentucky, Ohio State and South Carolina, among others.

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 4*

- Class of 2017

- Plays Wide Receiver and Safety in HS but projects as Safety in College

- Recruiters: D Craig (P), T-Rob (S)

- Camped at AU 7/24/15 and picked up an offer

- Visited AU 8/08/15 and committed

Hudl Highlights

6_3388740.jpg

Edited by ellitor

Kids a head hunter. Can't wait to see him on the plains in a couple of years. He's the type of safety that makes WRs think twice about going accross the middle.

Edited by Tigerfinz

He isn't scared to hit someone.

We do NOT discuss rumors on this board WDEWDE! ;)/>

He, he. Good to have a sense of humor. This made me smile.

Force multiplier - "The amount of force this kid comes with from a 10-yard radius should be illegal," ... "He has the hitting ability of a linebacker at safety.

per coach

Off the field, Johnson describes Gonzalez as a "good kid" that takes accelerated classes

• 6 months later...

Interview from SECC

Carlito Gonzalez isn’t wavering on his seven-month commitment to Auburn, but an offer from Georgia could potentially alter his recruitment.

“Of course, I talk to the (UGA) commits that are here and in-state,” said Gonzalez, who committed to the Tigers back in August. “Breon Dixon, Richard LeCounte, Chad Clay — he was on my seven-on-seven team, along with Kyle Davis. I’ve spoken with (defensive line coach Tracy) Rocker.”

The Bulldogs have yet to extend an offer to the three-star safety from Stone Mountain Ga., who has thought about the possibility of playing in Athens. Though months away, Gonzalez admitted he would use one of his five allotted official visits to head to UGA if a scholarship were on the table.

“It would mean a lot,” Gonzalez said of a potential UGA offer. “I like Georgia. I like how everyone is going there. You kind of think what if you were playing on this team with these top recruits?”

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound rising senior is one of three verbal commitments in the Tigers’ 2017 class, along with five-star offensive tackle Calvin Ashley.

Flipping his commitment would prove rather difficult, but Gonzalez admitted a poor season and more coaching changes could force him to evaluate his recruitment.

But for now, Gonzalez remains firmly committed.

“I’m still 100 percent committed to Auburn,” Gonzalez said. “I have coaches talking to me every now and then, but I’m staying committed until other things happen.”

He continued: “I worked hard for the offer. I made my commitment to coach (Gus) Malzahn. He told me some good things that made me want to commit and stay committed to him.”

Gonzalez last visited Auburn on Jan. 30, where he had the opportunity to meet face-to-face with newly hired defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and secondary coach Wesley McGriff. Having signed only one defensive back in the 2016 cycle, the Tigers will look to bolster the position next year.

"100 percent committed for now". We're today's favorite, which I suppose is better than not being today's favorite but don't give me "committed". Young man, you are nowhere near committed.

"100 percent committed for now". We're today's favorite, which I suppose is better than not being today's favorite but don't give me "committed". Young man, you are nowhere near committed.

A lot of priest say the same thing on wedding day :-\

Everyone one of us would be committed baring a coaching change, should not be a knock on him. He's been a solid commit for 7 mos and recruits for us. In today's recruiting world, not much more you can realistically ask for.

Edited by au_bsci_04

A lot of priest say the same thing on wedding day :-\

Link?

• 2 weeks later...

Free blurb about Carlito from the Atlanta Opening Regional yesterday.

Auburn commit Carlito Gonzalez is a safety all the way on the next level, but he had a good day in coverage Sunday. He worked much of the day as a cornerback and his length and aggression showed. He showed good ball skills in the drills and he just reached out and snatched it out of the air.

• 9 months later...