What do we know about Louisville?

gr82b4au

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petrino gave Auburn fits when he was at Arkansas despite having much worse recruiting. He was 3-1 vs Auburn and the loss was in his first season. Even when Arkansas went 2-6 in the SEC, Petrino managed to beat Auburn. And the scores were not even close.

Yes, it's a whole new day at Auburn with M&M. The Auburn offense has a lot of talent, but no experience playing together as a unit. The Auburn defense has new energy and commitment, but is learning a new system. It is foolish to underestimate Petrino. I'm hoping Auburn can blow out the Cards and dominate them in every aspect of the game. But more likely, it's going to be a difficult game.

You do know that those games were not coached by Coach Gus?

Petrino's record against bammer and fsu has been miserable. Why? they had better coaching than him.

Umm or better talent

They lost 7 starters on Defense even with the 3 Transfers they have lost 4 starters and the three transfers are learning a new system. if Lawson is as unstoppable as everybody says you can't double team Montravious Adams we should have a field day on D. The real question for me is our O-line.

I talked to a couple Louisville alums at a golf tourney a couple of weeks ago. They seem fairly confident about their D, especially with the UGA transfers, but they were/are definitely worried about the O, unknown QB, no experience at WR or RB, and I think they said some new faces on the OL. We didn't exchange predictions or anything, but overall they seemed slightly worried.

Pretty much the same i've gathered from their fans. Many prefer Garner over Bonnafon. If our Dline is able to bring constant pressure..neither one of their QBs scare me much. I get they like the UGA transfers but they still lost a lot on defense so i don't get why they're more confident on D than O. I think it will be close early and we pull away in the 3rd Q.

They lost 7 starters on Defense even with the 3 Transfers they have lost 4 starters and the three transfers are learning a new system. if Lawson is as unstoppable as everybody says you can't double team Montravious Adams we should have a field day on D. The real question for me is our O-line.

I think they solely feel that way about D b/c of the experience transferring in from UGA, other than that nothing to write home about. I think it will be the same, close for the first half, and then the running game forcing its will, although I think the offense is going to be MUCH better this year than the previous 2 years.

AuburnNTexas, I think our OL is going to be just fine, despite folks questioning about them gelling together, keep in mind these guys have been playing together in some shape form or fashion for 2-3 years, with the exception of Smith who was in his first year last year, but got experience playing, with Kozan back and experience at the other positions, I think they will be good and a strength of the team, b/c I think the OL is about the deepest position on the team and I think there are 6 or 7 guys with some experience (Smith) to a lot of experience like Kozan and Coleman (well at least one year).

I'm more worried about depth at DB, even with the addition of Countess and Matthews eligible now, AU is still down a bunch of DBs from off season attrition, but I do like the potential of that starting 4!!

Come on guys and gals!! We will and I do mean WILL, come out strong with a huge chip on our shoulders and tear up Petrino & company worse than the motorcycle wreck during his days in piggy land.

What we need to do is to recruit as many Auburn fans who own big bikes to circle the Atlanta dome while Petrino and his minions make their way to the stadium! It would be cool if we could have close to 100 big bad bikers wearing the orange and blue. This would really get folks attention and send the message that Auburn is a fierce foe for any team to reckon with.

I saw a couple of things about Louisville that were not accurate. They return all 3 quarterbacks that played, they just weren't particularly effective. They have a very good running back in Radcliffe, who is 5'9' but thick and elusive. They do lose most of their top receivers, though they do return James Quick. They lose some of their OL and of those remaining, none of them received pre-season all-ACC votes. Their OL gave up lots of sacks. On defense, last year they made tons of big plays (40 sacks and 26 interceptions). They lost most of those people, but they do return Rankins a big guy who led the team in sacks and tackles for loss and some solid linebackers. They lost the DB's but again have the transfers coming in.

Unlike some AU fans, CGM and CWM are not taking Louisville lightly. Louisville lost players on O and D. So did Auburn. Their DC, Grantham, is very familiar with Auburn from his years beating up on our guys while at UGA and he has a couple of transfers from UGA who will step in and play immediately. Petrino is a very good offensive coach who has a track record beating Auburn with "inferior" talent. And Auburn has a lot of talented players who have never really played the offense or defense they'll be trying to play. A lot of new on both sides of the ball for Auburn players this year.

I am really glad that our coaches are taking Louisville very seriously, starting prep two weeks before gameday. Auburn may win by 50 points, but going into last year, fans were predicting a spectacular season with huge scores over everybody. I tend to be more cautious in my optimism. Frankly, winning by 1 point is good enough for me. A W is a W. One week at a time.

What we need to do is to recruit as many Auburn fans who own big bikes to circle the Atlanta dome while Petrino and his minions make their way to the stadium!

That's....................

Actually pretty genius.

Unlike some AU fans, CGM and CWM are not taking Louisville lightly. Louisville lost players on O and D. So did Auburn. Their DC, Grantham, is very familiar with Auburn from his years beating up on our guys while at UGA and he has a couple of transfers from UGA who will step in and play immediately. Petrino is a very good offensive coach who has a track record beating Auburn with "inferior" talent. And Auburn has a lot of talented players who have never really played the offense or defense they'll be trying to play. A lot of new on both sides of the ball for Auburn players this year.

I am really glad that our coaches are taking Louisville very seriously, starting prep two weeks before gameday. Auburn may win by 50 points, but going into last year, fans were predicting a spectacular season with huge scores over everybody. I tend to be more cautious in my optimism. Frankly, winning by 1 point is good enough for me. A W is a W. One week at a time.

I'm surely not looking past this game, I think the defense will come out slow, sure would like them to be dominant most of the game, just need them to put it in our heads that we will have a dominant defense this season in this game, until then....idk. It won't be a blowout, hope they prove me wrong, :wareagle:

I saw a couple of things about Louisville that were not accurate. They return all 3 quarterbacks that played, they just weren't particularly effective. They have a very good running back in Radcliffe, who is 5'9' but thick and elusive. They do lose most of their top receivers, though they do return James Quick. They lose some of their OL and of those remaining, none of them received pre-season all-ACC votes. Their OL gave up lots of sacks. On defense, last year they made tons of big plays (40 sacks and 26 interceptions). They lost most of those people, but they do return Rankins a big guy who led the team in sacks and tackles for loss and some solid linebackers. They lost the DB's but again have the transfers coming in.

I forgot to mention, Devonte Fields, who is a DE. As a freshman for TCU in 2013, he was the Big 12 Defensive POY. He had 10 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss.

I agree totally! If Gus was as overconfident as some of our fans, AU would be in big trouble. I remember our fans dissing Clemson the same way.

That's why i think Bonnafon will be a factor at some point b/c he's more mobile than any of the other QBs they have. It's likely down to Gardner and Bonnafon. I think we'll see both in the game.

If Louisville was in the SEC West, where would it rank?

without an offense, second to last. In the east I would put them third behind UGA and UT.

I agree with AuRex...with it being Petrino...I will be glad to get out of it with a Win. A W is a W and I cannot think of anyone I hate losing to more than Petrino, and that includes Saban. Petrino always seems to give us his best effort.

Archived