5* SG Mustapha Heron commits to AU!

RunInRed

Wow! 2nd season in and Bruce has landed a 5* in addition to the other talented players coming on board. The spoils of having a rockstar coach for a change. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOOM!! War Eagle, Mustapha Heron!!

Here's some quotes from AU bball insider, Stephen Hooks

@HooksAPR: People need to know that Heron is a complete program changer. Above all others so far. This kid has it all and will impact day one. The one!

@HooksAPR: Furthermore his skill set and disruptive nature for a guard is unheard of at AU. Also his grades are awesome for our APR. Such a big day.

@HooksAPR: Another great things is Heron might need 2+ years to be ready for being a lottery pick. Works even more in AU favor.+Get ready for 17s class

Supposedly a pretty smart kid. As long as he does not visit elsewhere, I feel good about this.... Do we know why he backed out of his original commit to Pitt?

His dad said it was Chuck Persons (link)

This thread needs more pages. This could be the moment that changes the program for a very long time. Or as long as BP is at AU...and I hope he retires at AU because we are so lucky to have landed him considering the ball program's history.

I agree 100% BP will build a great program for AUBURN. This is only the first great recruit BP will bring to the PLAINS. If jj lets BP get away from AUBURN fire him.

I agree 100% BP will build a great program for AUBURN. This is only the first great recruit BP will bring to the PLAINS. If jj lets BP get away from AUBURN fire him.

I don't think JJ will "let" Coach Pearl get away from Auburn. Now, JJ may allow our zealous Compliance Department to handcuff Pearl to the point that he looks for somewhere else where he'd have a better chance of putting top-line athletes together. However, we need to remember: That would be the same compliance department that saved our butts during the Cam Newton fiasco. We can't be thankful for them then and critical of them now.

I am excited about this pick up. Just hope we can hold on to get him on campus. I'm not implying anything against the kid. Our recent history hasn't been real good with getting them here and keeping them around. Its a new day with Pearl however and can't wait to see where the future of this program goes!

I am excited about this pick up. Just hope we can hold on to get him on campus. I'm not implying anything against the kid. Our recent history hasn't been real good with getting them here and keeping them around. Its a new day with Pearl however and can't wait to see where the future of this program goes!

All that needs to be said.

CBP is cut from a different cloth than every other MBB coach in Auburn's History, IMO. CTB had a lot of good recruits that left because, I believe, he pitched a perception of MBB to recruits that was vastly different from the reality of the program; which is why, I believe, there was so much attrition. I think recruits see much more honesty with CBP; in that, his pitches to recruits are more accurate with the state of the program.

Wish this was getting the publicity it deserves. Huge commitment and potentially one that changes the trajectory of our basketball program even further upward. Hope he signs and is the stud for us that he appears to be.

Wish this was getting the publicity it deserves. Huge commitment and potentially one that changes the trajectory of our basketball program even further upward. Hope he signs and is the stud for us that he appears to be.

Well I can tell you its get huge publicity nationally. Even got a frinkin write up in my home town Orlando Sentinel paper today

War Eagle and welcome to Auburn. This is the beginning of big time basketball at Auburn

If we get this guy AND Austin Wiley (we are the favorite) then we would have 2 Five Star players in one recruiting class. This would COMPLETELY shift the balance of SEC basketball.

If we get this guy AND Austin Wiley (we are the favorite) then we would have 2 Five Star players in one recruiting class. This would COMPLETELY shift the balance of SEC basketball.

Austin Wiley is 2017

Udoka Azubuike is mentioned here by a couple of Posters. Do we have a legit shot for him and if we do get him won't that be 4 commits for what appears to be 3 openings as we only have three seniors.

Udoka Azubuike is mentioned here by a couple of Posters. Do we have a legit shot for him and if we do get him won't that be 4 commits for what appears to be 3 openings as we only have three seniors.

It's never easy to tell with basketball, there is always a ton of attrition with transfers to and from other programs (i.e. Tyler Harris from Providence this year). It's way too early to tell.

Archived