Garrison Brooks

BeatBama1972

good for him. It is where he wanted to be all along.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

good for him. It is where he wanted to be all along.

Yep....and we are not likely to run into him during regular play..hope he does well but he has a big challenge ahead getting playing time at that school.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep....and we are not likely to run into him during regular play..hope he does well but he has a big challenge ahead getting playing time at that school.

unc has not recruited like a blue blood for awhile so he has a better chance than people would think.

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

unc has not recruited like a blue blood for awhile so he has a better chance than people would think.

I think that is true.....the NCAA stuff has some kids or their sponsors uneasy about the future....

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

I think that is true.....the NCAA stuff has some kids or their sponsors uneasy about the future....

I also don't think when all things are equal that roy is as good as a recruiter flat out as bill self and def not calipari and coach K.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I also don't think when all things are equal that roy is as good as a recruiter flat out as bill self and def not calipari and coach K.

That too but I do recall when a kid from the eastern part of the state was in a recruiting battle with Duke and UNC...ultimately signed with Duke....said he had always been a UNC fan but worried about the NCAA probation. ...which was kind of funny because many had projected him as one and done....and in fact did go to the NBA after one year...but UNC missed him.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That too but I do recall when a kid from the eastern part of the state was in a recruiting battle with Duke and UNC...ultimately signed with Duke....said he had always been a UNC fan but worried about the NCAA probation. ...which was kind of funny because many had projected him as one and done....and in fact did go to the NBA after one year...but UNC missed him.

was it brandon ingram a couple of years ago? He was at a unc high school that had produced reggie bullock and stackhouse.

I know his dad, George  from his days coaching at Meridian Community College. He was a good guy and a good coach. If his son has the same get her done attitude his father has he should do well at UNC.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

was it brandon ingram a couple of years ago? He was at a unc high school that had produced reggie bullock and stackhouse.

Yep...from Kinston...place I lived after I got out of AU a long time ago and as noted..a UNC hotbed.  Outside of Charlotte perhaps, Duke has never fully connected with the HS kids in the state. 

As for Roy, there are those who say he has done his best coaching when he stopped getting the one and dones...or having the most success...had a team of very good 4* and 5* guys not good enough for NBA after year 1 and stayed long enough to mature and improve their games.

Hoping that AU can do the same with our last two classes but BP needs to step up his game time coaching IMIO to get the best out of them.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Yep...from Kinston...place I lived after I got out of AU a long time ago and as noted..a UNC hotbed.  Outside of Charlotte perhaps, Duke has never fully connected with the HS kids in the state. 

As for Roy, there are those who say he has done his best coaching when he stopped getting the one and dones...or having the most success...had a team of very good 4* and 5* guys not good enough for NBA after year 1 and stayed long enough to mature and improve their games.

Hoping that AU can do the same with our last two classes but BP needs to step up his game time coaching IMIO to get the best out of them.

Duke would be in the position we would be in for football if we ever had the success and the type of coach in coach K for in state recruiting. Duke is honestly the biggest brand and program nationally these days in all of college basketball but unc is still king in state and still the draw in state just like bama would be if we would 5 national titles like duke has in 30 years. They mostly get their talent out of state. O roy still trys to get one and dones he just misses out on them for the most part. If berry declares for the draft this year I can see unc being in big trouble for next year, He is the last big time recruit left from roys last truly great recruiting class with justin jackson declaring for the draft and hiring a agent. BUT YES bringing it back full circle to AU if we just become a AVERAGE defense we will easily clear 20 plus games! We got the offense down pat! we are deadly at scoring the ball.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Duke would be in the position we would be in for football if we ever had the success and the type of coach in coach K for in state recruiting. Duke is honestly the biggest brand and program nationally these days in all of college basketball but unc is still king in state and still the draw in state just like bama would be if we would 5 national titles like duke has in 30 years. They mostly get their talent out of state. O roy still trys to get one and dones he just misses out on them for the most part. If berry declares for the draft this year I can see unc being in big trouble for next year, He is the last big time recruit left from roys last truly great recruiting class with justin jackson declaring for the draft and hiring a agent. BUT YES bringing it back full circle to AU if we just become a AVERAGE defense we will easily clear 20 plus games! We got the offense down pat! we are deadly at scoring the ball.

I have to walk the narrow line...wife is Duke grad and son and son-in law from UNCH.  Around here it's mostly Nancy and the numerous Methodist preachers who are big Duke fans.

But in this state,  UNC has a bama level of fan support and if you add the total fan support for Duke, Wake and NC State and you might get about the same % as AU gets in AL.  Fortunately UNCH does not have much history of football success or these people would be insufferable.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

I have to walk the narrow line...wife is Duke grad and son and son-in law from UNCH.  Around here it's mostly Nancy and the numerous Methodist preachers who are big Duke fans.

But in this state,  UNC has a bama level of fan support and if you add the total fan support for Duke, Wake and NC State and you might get about the same % as AU gets in AL.  Fortunately UNCH does not have much history of football success or these people would be insufferable.

tell your family this florida resident and alabama native is a HUGE bandwagon duke fan!!!! I see duke as the GOLD standard on what auburn should strive to be. They are the premiere NON state school in a major sport basketball or football. They completely flipped the script on unc since coach K has been on the bench. They are considered a blue blood now after just having a modest history of basketball success all because of coach k and all with what he has done recently. It gives me hope the type of success duke has had with K Auburn can have if we just find that GREAT head coach. It shows you how much being the state school weight carries. Outside north carolina DUKE IS THE TOP DAWG BIG DAWG in state?! NOPE!!! still all about the tar heels. and as you said not close. Duke gets a lot of bandwagon fans like me outside the state of north carolina.

Archived