1993 Iron Bowl as AU Ends the Season 11-0

AU-24

I just thank God that we are able to come together each Saturday in the Fall, to pull our guys through in games like that.

How else would we have been given "The Prayer in Jordan-Hare"?

Never thought of that, good one. After all the in-fighting in the Bro Chett thread, I was actually thinking of posting something that would bring us all together. I failed, but in less than two weeks, we will all be together!

I was one of the few AU fans that was inside Bryant Denny and watching on the big screen. One of the oddest experiences of my life but one I'll never forget. Could have ended really bad but turned out awesome.

Like 44,000 in Bryant Denny that day. Many Auburn fans there with you?

Weren't a whole lot, no. I was there with some Turd buddies of mine and was young and cocky but made it out unscathed. :)

I was there, too...I remember thinking it was weird that the crowd was making noise and yelling like they were at the game. Lots of bammers there, but I sure did enjoy seeing them leaving before the game was over.

I was one of the few AU fans that was inside Bryant Denny and watching on the big screen. One of the oddest experiences of my life but one I'll never forget. Could have ended really bad but turned out awesome.

Like 44,000 in Bryant Denny that day. Many Auburn fans there with you?

Weren't a whole lot, no. I was there with some Turd buddies of mine and was young and cocky but made it out unscathed. :)

I was there, too...I remember thinking it was weird that the crowd was making noise and yelling like they were at the game. Lots of bammers there, but I sure did enjoy seeing them leaving before the game was over.

Awesome!

Pure magical end to an amazing season. Had season tickets, and was there for the UF game as well, then up in Athens, and then the Iron Bowl.

The night following the game @ Denaros, celebrating, watching highlight replays of the game on espn and cheering like crazy after each time, and coach Bowden coming in and celebrating , with Kurt Crain and Stacy Dunn in the house... Very few sports moments top that.

I was at the game on about the 25 or 30 yard line only about 2-3 rows up, on the same side that Sanders made the catch. My good friend is a UAT fan (and grad) and we used to go to the IBs almost every year together. We had graduated in May of 93, so we were in our first semester of college.

At one point, he looks at me and says, "if we hold you here, we can get the ball back and win." Right after he said that, Bostic broke the long run!

I remember there was a guy there with a sign that read, "The Crimson Tide is Just a Pink Ripple" or something like that. I had seen him outside the stadium pregame and then after the game he came down to our section and asked me to hold one end with him on the concrete wall.

It was a good day! WDE!

My wife went to the restroom while the med staff was looking after Stan W. She missed the touchdown pass to Sanders. When she got back to her seat she wanted to know "What happened? The whole stadium was moving while I was in the restroom." I still give her a hard time about missing such a big play in AU football lore.

To this day, I can quote Jim Fyffe's call of that play because I watched it on the AttitUde tape from the season so many times:

"Nix gonna float one for Sanders, Sanderrssss...OH HE CAUGHT IT AT THE TWO, AND HE DIVED IN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!! OH MY GOODNESS! Frank Sanders went up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham, he caught the ball at the two, how he held it I don't know, but he dived into the end zone, and Auburn's right back at the stick of it with a backup quarterback, trailing 14 to 11...."

My wife went to the restroom while the med staff was looking after Stan W. She missed the touchdown pass to Sanders. When she got back to her seat she wanted to know "What happened? The whole stadium was moving while I was in the restroom." I still give her a hard time about missing such a big play in AU football lore.

To this day, I can quote Jim Fyffe's call of that play because I watched it on the AttitUde tape from the season so many times:

"Nix gonna float one for Sanders, Sanderrssss...OH HE CAUGHT IT AT THE TWO, AND HE DIVED IN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!! OH MY GOODNESS! Frank Sanders went up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham, he caught the ball at the two, how he held it I don't know, but he dived into the end zone, and Auburn's right back at the stick of it with a backup quarterback, trailing 14 to 11...."

I grew up on that VHS. I swear I watched it every time I went to my Dad's house.

I grew up on that VHS. I swear I watched it every time I went to my Dad's house.

My father had a habit of recording games on VHS, so I watched more reruns of Auburn football on Saturday morning than I did cartoons growing up...but by far the two that I watched the most were that one and the Interception Game against LSU in 94. I watched the latter so much that I broke the danged tape, and I'm surprised I didn't do the same to the AttitUde tape as well.

Ahh, memories of youth...

I was left home alone at the age of 9 for the entire weekend while my parents were able to drive 1000 miles to Auburn for the game. I was then able to explore my love of alcohol at the perfect age for me and my friends; good times for sure. When my dad called and told me we had won the game, I couldd not believe it...... I took a shot of Havana club rum, and never looked back. WAR EAGLE!!

My Wife and I were there for every home game in '93. Sanders scored right in front of us. Great memories !!!

AU was not very hospitable toward Jay Barker that day.....a day he probably will never really forget.

At one point, he looks at me and says, "if we hold you here, we can get the ball back and win." Right after he said that, Bostic broke the long run!

It was a good day! WDE!

Right after that Bostic run, I annoyed the hell out of my buddy by saying " We scored too quick ! They have too much time on the clock ", or there abouts. :laugh: He just looked at me and shook his head.

Hey, it's never over until it was over....but yeah, it was OVER on that run.

I was left home alone at the age of 9 for the entire weekend while my parents were able to drive 1000 miles to Auburn for the game. I was then able to explore my love of alcohol at the perfect age for me and my friends; good times for sure. When my dad called and told me we had won the game, I couldd not believe it...... I took a shot of Havana club rum, and never looked back. WAR EAGLE!!

You are officially a rock star. :)

You are officially a rock star. :)

Yep! Nobody's going to top that one, at least nobody that wasn't in JHS that day.

Archived