2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the clemson and lsu games we HAD to pass in the second half because the game dictated it but yes I agree. The perception still out there is not good. I still feel like we should be passing more. The TAMU game was more like I expected coming in to the year.

More, and on more downs, and to more parts of the field. A bunch of tunnel screens and deep balls on 3rd and long do not a good quarterback impress. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, afblue said:

I know you were probably giving a little friendly sarcasm, but there really has been a shift in the run/pass mix.  The fewest number of pass attempts this year is 17 vs Miss St and in that game we had 267 yds passing.  We've averaged around 25 pass attempts per game.   For the year we have 2130 yds rushing and 2065 passing; pretty balanced.  A QB like Bo has a chance to show his talents in this offense.

Less about yard balance and more about play balance. Still very unbalanced 70/30? We are taking the top off and hitting big plays, but if those don’t connect we struggle. Lack of intermediate passing routes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Less about yard balance and more about play balance. Still very unbalanced 70/30? We are taking the top off and hitting big plays, but if those don’t connect we struggle. Lack of intermediate passing routes. 

Play calling balance at AU can be distorted by things like that 96 yard drive in the TAMU game that was mostly  on the ground....and why pass, if you can drive the ball and score at the end of the drive?

The run/pass balance seems to depend on the  overall game conditions.   And, I notice that the two highest rated teams in the SEC do not depend on the passing game as the key to their offense.  

And guess you can't count how many times someone has stated on this site that Gus must have a DT quarterback.....and I'm thinking a real DT like Hurts for example who can really cause problems with the run and where the QB running is an major factor in the game plan. . At Georgia they just run ...and run....and pass every now and then.

So....have been watching Nix a bit and wondering how he would fit  at AU versus Joey G ? 

AU will always be run heavy, but that can be 60/40. I don’t have an issue with that. I have an issue with our pass plays being all or nothing. JS is a great QB, don’t be afraid to let him throw across the middle. TAM burnt us twice for TDs on slants bc of the crossing pattern. It’s available, to us specifically, bc of our tendency to not exploit it.

Nix is a better fit for us IMO, but JG is improving and has athleticism second to none.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

If gus does not get BO THAT is a fireable offense!!! Not the LSU second half!!! lol I will be sooooooooooo mad. Bo was a baller tonight. He is Stidham with more wiggle.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If gus does not get BO THAT is a fireable offense!!!

Not after blasting UGA 40-10. UGA's last 7 goes to the refs for that horrible 4th down spot that kept the drive alive. As for Bo there  is still work to do here to continue making Bo & Pat feel better about things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not after blasting UGA 40-10. UGA's last 7 goes to the refs for that horrible 4th down spot that kept the drive alive. As for Bo there  is still work to do here to continue making Bo & Pat feel better about things.

I thought you had this sarcasm thing down pat now?! lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought you had this sarcasm thing down pat now?! lol

With your recruiting & star love that one would be hard to tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With your recruiting & star love that one would be hard to tell.

touche fam

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

No offense but Elliott reminds me of Sheldon from big bang theory. 

That has been pointed out by numerous posters since about season 2 of BBT.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

If Jimbo goes to aTm does that help us or hurt us with with young Mr. Nix ?

I don't think it matters. Auburn is far, far ahead of anybody else with Bo Nix.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

If Jimbo goes to aTm does that help us or hurt us with with young Mr. Nix ?

Yes.

53 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not quite. It may get that way but more work still has to be done to get there as WDE has alluded to numerous times.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes.

Not quite. It may get that way but more work still has to be done to get there as WDE has alluded to numerous times.

When he stops showing up for every single Auburn game, I'll start to be a little concerned.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I was told 95% Auburn 5% clempson. 

I think Bo should commit already and help build his class recruiting, we know he is all blue and orange. :wareagle:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, corchjay said:

First in game stuff I’ve seen from Bo Nix.  Impressed but wow what an easy pass system.  Definitely a red shirt looming 

Assuming we get him, we shouldn’t need him to play anyway when he actually gets here. 

8 minutes ago, Southwest said:

Is FSU still an option or will Atm factor in?

Jimbo will be an option no matter where he is. Pat & Bo are very comfortable with him. Clemson is still a factor too.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Clemson and atm may be “factors”, (I get it, Bo and Pat are saying the right things), but from the little I know about the situation, and the fact that he keeps coming to AU every weekend, there is very little doubt he signs with anyone but AU. He’s been all AU since the day he was born. 

• Like 2