2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

My brother used to be a volunteer coach for Pinson Valley. He told me he went to watch them practice the other day and he told me Bo is the real deal.

• 4 weeks later...

9 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I did a look up of past starting QB's for auburn..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Auburn_Tigers_starting_quarterbacks

I see in 1957 and 1958 there was a Lloyd Nix. Was a grandfather?

I believe Lloyd had only daughters. No sons.

Edited by grandpajay
  • Like 2

Touted 2019 quarterback Bo Nix of Pinson Valley (Ala.) experienced something new last week when he camped at Auburn.

“It was really neat — I got to go one-on-one with (Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey),” Nix said. “That was my first time working one-on-one with a coach like that.”

Nix, the son of former Auburn quarterback Patrick Nix (also his coach), is a top Tigers target. He already has visited Auburn multiple times this year.

But working with Lindsey gave him a new perspective because it gave him a feel what his coaching style is like.

*** Get free breaking news in the Auburn Undercover newsletter ***

“I felt extremely comfortable,” Nix said. “Just the whole situation, it was comfortable. I was throwing with my receivers so I didn’t have to work on the timing with the receivers. It was already there. (Lindsey) watched me the whole time. A lot of it was the same stuff (his dad has taught him). There were a couple of things with football that I hadn’t necessarily learned from my dad. But most of it was similar. Most of the drills I've done before.”

What pointers did Lindsey offer?

“You can always sharpen up your feet and your posture and that kind of stuff,” Nix said. “You can always get better at something. He kept telling me that. He told me to keep working and to get better at every aspect.”

According to Nix, he already has gotten to know Auburn’s first-year coordinator well.

“I have a really good relationship with him,” Nix said. “Since he’s been hired, we’ve gotten to know each other a lot more. We knew each other just a little bit before. Since he’s been hired, I’ve gotten to know him even more.”

Nix visited Clemson on Wednesday. He might visit FSU in July.

He said he expects to be back in Auburn twice in July — once for a quarterback camp and again for a 7-on-7 camp.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

If this season goes well, I hope we hold on to Chip for a long time. Guys who can recruit and coach up quarterbacks are invaluable. 

hold on to him for a long time as in complete the trifecta and make him Head coach someday?! lol

• Like 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Read my mind G-Willy!

Honestly he seems more like Head Coach material than Gus but I said the same thing about Gus when Chizik was coach!!! WHY DO WE KEEP DOING THIS TO OURSELVES?! haha

• Like 2

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly he seems more like Head Coach material than Gus but I said the same thing about Gus when Chizik was coach!!! WHY DO WE KEEP DOING THIS TO OURSELVES?! haha

I will say this, half of being a successful head coach is surrounding yourself with great people. So, I'll give credit to Gus there. 

• Like 7

Just now, Barnacle said:

I will say this, half of being a successful head coach is surrounding yourself with great people. So, I'll give credit to Gus there. 

FOR ALLLLLLLLLLLLL of the wrong Gus has done and it has been a lot since 2013 he has done some of his best managerial work lately with fully realizing if he did not get Stidham and a REAL OC he most likely would be staring at another 8 win season which would mean the unemployment line.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hey, don't beat yourself up. You were absolutely correct about that. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hey, don't beat yourself up. You were absolutely correct about that. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Hey, I'll take Gus's trajectory over the Chiz Wiz Experience any day! 

I honestly just wanted any excuse to use this gif!!! lol but yes! Gus KNOCK ON WOOD has never lost the team nor have they quit on him and did not get completely pasted in most of his sec games sans 2010. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I honestly just wanted any excuse to use this gif!!! lol but yes! Gus KNOCK ON WOOD has never lost the team nor have they quit on him and did not get completely pasted in most of his sec games sans 2010. 

I honestly think Gus handled team dynamics in 2009-2010 and until he got disillusioned in 2011, which is part of why it fell apart in 2012.  Chiz is a great guy, but I don't think he really gets the day-to-day of dealing with a bunch of 18-20 something, type A guys, off the field. That's the one thing Gus excelled at when he took the job. Maybe that's the advantage of being so close to his high school coaching days. Now he's learning the details of the job itself and should end up in history as a much better head coach than Chizik.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly he seems more like Head Coach material than Gus but I said the same thing about Gus when Chizik was coach!!!

At least you weren't one of the people who were anointing Lashlee the next head coach at Auburn back in 2013.

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At least you weren't one of the people who were anointing Lashlee the next head coach at Auburn back in 2013.

I'm anxious to see how Lashlee does out from under Gus's wing. I'll be rooting for him.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm anxious to see how Lashlee does out from under Gus's wing. I'll be rooting for him.

The next couple of years will certainly be enlightening when it comes to understanding who ran Auburn's offense. I personally think "turning over play calling" was as much of a tactic to help him get a job as it was anything else.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I honestly think Gus handled team dynamics in 2009-2010 and until he got disillusioned in 2011, which is part of why it fell apart in 2012.  Chiz is a great guy, but I don't think he really gets the day-to-day of dealing with a bunch of 18-20 something, type A guys, off the field. That's the one thing Gus excelled at when he took the job. Maybe that's the advantage of being so close to his high school coaching days. Now he's learning the details of the job itself and should end up in history as a much better head coach than Chizik.

If Gus had a dynamic personality like *ducks* *vomit* dabo he would be the PERFECT ceo style of coach imo. He is a master at all the stuff you mentioned above. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

The next couple of years will certainly be enlightening when it comes to understanding who ran Auburn's offense. I personally think "turning over play calling" was as much of a tactic to help him get a job as it was anything else.

Or a way to place blame elsewhere if things went poorly, JMO though. Things were looking realllllly rough right before our LSU game which coincidentally is when Lashlee was given the reigns.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If Gus had a dynamic personality like *ducks* *vomit* dabo he would be the PERFECT ceo style of coach imo. He is a master at all the stuff you mentioned above. 

At some point I'd love to see Gus 1-on-1 with the players... There has to be something different about his personality when you get him away from a mic, because I honestly don't get why so many players say they love him... he seems... dull.

• Like 1