2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I know just trying to keep some members from jumping off the cliff.......start jumping guys

I'm right behind you.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Positive waves man

I'm trying to keep those positive waves, man but some of the most recent recruiting news, mainly Pierce, has left me with those negative waves. :angry:

• Thanks 1

I expect Nix to be a top 10 overall player in 2019 before all is said and done. He will challenge the kid from Cali for top overall qb spot. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

People close to the situation say we are getting Nix. Won't matter what Fields does. I'm a little more skeptical but these guys know their stuff. FWIW. 

Smart people:poke:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

People close to the situation say we are getting Nix. Won't matter what Fields does. I'm a little more skeptical but these guys know their stuff. FWIW. 

As in, we're getting Nix even if Fields does commit to us, right?

In any other sense, I'm guessing that they still think that what Fields does matters very, very much. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

As in, we're getting Nix even if Fields does commit to us, right?

In any other sense, I'm guessing that they still think that what Fields does matters very, very much. 

Yes. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm liking what Brandon, I mean WDEWDE, is bringing today

He does strike an odd resemblance to one Mr. Marcello...

wdeWDE would never stoop to that level!  

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What I heard along the grapevine too

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not only would this be a first in our lifetime, but we never even recruited RBs this well in the late 80's....

Full disclosure:  we know statistically speaking one of the three may not pan out.  Whom?  Stidham looks to be the part, but one of the other two may not for some reason or another.  

Upside:  this would set our program on such solid ground, we could start to close some recruiting gaps with the bad guys.

• Like 3

I was just listening to the Auburn recruiting podcast on al.com and regarding Bo one of them said he would be very surprised if Bo didn't sign with Auburn.

Edited by milehighfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I was just listening to the Auburn recruiting podcast on al.com and regarding Bo one of them said he would be very surprised if Bo didn't sign with Auburn.

There you go.....................................

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

Not only would this be a first in our lifetime, but we never even recruited RBs this well in the late 80's....

Full disclosure:  we know statistically speaking one of the three may not pan out.  Whom?  Stidham looks to be the part, but one of the other two may not for some reason or another.  

Upside:  this would set our program on such solid ground, we could start to close some recruiting gaps with the bad guys.

Hopefully it'll let us close the gap in iron bowls too. 

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Realistically, how many recruits do y'all see Justin bringing along to the good guys?

24............................j/k but he would not hurt recruiting we all know that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of kids talk about going where another player signs but then don't.  With him waiting this long it will have less of an impact. I think it helps a lot more when a key player like a QB commits early and starts recruiting for you.  The longer JF waits to commit the less impact it will have on other players as many will have already committed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

A lot of kids talk about going where another player signs but then don't.  With him waiting this long it will have less of an impact. I think it helps a lot more when a key player like a QB commits early and starts recruiting for you.  The longer JF waits to commit the less impact it will have on other players as many will have already committed.

I agree. I would think when the higher rated players commit they begin developing stronger bonds and friendships with their fellow commits and the coaches and not that many will turn their back on that. (Tattoos don't count as bonding):-\

11 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Byron Cowart committed on NSD and brought Ryan Davis and Jeff Holland with him. So... false. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Byron Cowart committed on NSD and brought Ryan Davis and Jeff Holland with him. So... false. 

False. All three are the result of Muschamp. 

Ryan Davis:

Davis said it also didn't hurt that Auburn hired former Florida head coach Will Muschamp as an assistant. 

"In the end, Auburn is the best situation for me," he said. "It felt right. I built a relationship with the coaches. You have to go where you have coaches you can trust and I trusted coach Muschamp."

Jeffrey Holland:

#4 OLB Jeffery Holland commits to Auburn. 

"When Coach Muschamp went there, that was a big deal."

#SigningDay

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

False. All three are the result of Muschamp. 

Ryan Davis:

Davis said it also didn't hurt that Auburn hired former Florida head coach Will Muschamp as an assistant. 

"In the end, Auburn is the best situation for me," he said. "It felt right. I built a relationship with the coaches. You have to go where you have coaches you can trust and I trusted coach Muschamp."

Jeffrey Holland:

#4 OLB Jeffery Holland commits to Auburn. 

"When Coach Muschamp went there, that was a big deal."

#SigningDay

All three of them committed on NSD, and it was a known fact that if we landed Byron, we'd get Jeff Holland and Ryan Davis. Which is why JHolland waited until after BC. 

• Like 1