2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

J Davis had ties to that group as well I do believe and committed to us on signing day! That was the best most active signing day for us getting commits on NSD in a long time. IDC how they got to AU just glad they all did! J Davis stepped up BIG TIME for us last year when Dean went down in fall camp!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

and it was a known fact that if we landed Byron, we'd get Jeff Holland and Ryan Davis.

No it wasn't. Holland was a lock as soon as Muschamp became the defensive coordinator. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

No it wasn't. Holland was a lock as soon as Muschamp became the defensive coordinator. 

You're wrong, but that's okay, I won't argue with you. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

You're wrong, but that's okay, I won't argue with you. 

I just showed you where both players said Muschamp was the big reason. They never even brought Cowart up post commitment but okay.

Agree to disagree

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

^^^

"The Jacksonville Trinity Christian linebacker said he is leaning toward committing to Auburn and the main reason is former Florida head coach Will Muschamp, who was hired earlier this month as the Tigers defensive coordinator."

He's leaning so heavily toward Auburn, he's even pitching a possible coup to some other Under Armour All-Americans, like Seffner Armwood defensive end Byron Cowart, to possibly lure a group of prospects to pick last year's national runner-up.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-will-muschamp-auburn-jeff-holland-florida-gators-20141229-post,amp.html

Edited by aujeff11

Jeff has backed his opinion with player's quotes, compared to a board member's opinion... Winner = Jeff

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

"The Jacksonville Trinity Christian linebacker said he is leaning toward committing to Auburn and the main reason is former Florida head coach Will Muschamp, who was hired earlier this month as the Tigers defensive coordinator."

He's leaning so heavily toward Auburn, he's even pitching a possible coup to some other Under Armour All-Americans, like Seffner Armwood defensive end Byron Cowart, to possibly lure a group of prospects to pick last year's national runner-up.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-will-muschamp-auburn-jeff-holland-florida-gators-20141229-post,amp.html

Speaking of that class we had silent from Cowart Jefferson and Ivey. Only 1 kept his word. I never felt good about CC I did feel Ivey would sign though.

back to Bo Nix the kid will be a top 10 player when he is a senior and the top dual threat imo. He is still behind JF talent wise though and obviously size wise which you can't teach.  If we can get both of these guys we are set. I think FSU will make it very tough for us to get both. Damn Jimbo had to be Pat OC lol...

• Like 1

At least it will be difficult for teams to negatively recruit against us with Bo. I don't think he or his father would put up with it. And hopefully Bo and his father will help convince others not to listen either...however, we still gotta win if we want for any of this to work out anyway.

I think Bo Nix has a good chance to be the best QB ever to play for Auburn. He may not have the size of CN, JS, JF or other guys.  However, the individual tutoring he is getting from his dad on reading defenses, checking down,  being able to audible, and film study habits will set him apart, especially if we are able to hold on to CCL.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

I think Bo Nix has a good chance to be the best QB ever to play for Auburn. He may not have the size of CN, JS, JF or other guys.  However, the individual tutoring he is getting from his dad on reading defenses, checking down,  being able to audible, and film study habits will set him apart, especially if we are able to hold on to CCL.

So if what you're saying is correct there is also a good chance there could be two Bo statues outside of Jordan Hare since two Auburn QBs have already won a Heisman. ;D

• Like 2

On 8/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Byron Cowart committed on NSD and brought Ryan Davis and Jeff Holland with him. So... false. 

I disagree that Cowart brought Davis and Holland with him but even if you were right. My statement was a generalization. I didn't say it never happened It was more along the lines that despite what kids say about being package deals or going where another player goes it doesn't happen that often. I also said when somebody commits early and recruits for the team he can have a much bigger impact.  When you are dealing with young people to quote something I learned in a philosophy class at Auburn a long, long time ago. "All generalizations are false including this one"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2017 at 10:11 AM, LakeBum said:

I make a motion we lobby the AD to begin a 'coaching staff stabilization fund.'

1. We need to keep CCL to have a chance to recruit great QBs and we need a QB guru.  

2. After this season, I think other programs will try to poach some of our staff.   

3.  We need stability to help counter all this negative recruiting!  

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I make a motion we lobby the AD to begin a 'coaching staff stabilization fund.'

1. We need to keep CCL to have a chance to recruit great QBs and we need a QB guru.  

2. After this season, I think other programs will try to poach some of our staff.   

3.  We need stability to help counter all this negative recruiting!  

I second these motions! 

• Like 1

If y'all don't care I would like to see a season from CCL before I contribute to the fund. But I sure hope he is as good as everyone thinks he is going to be,if so he'll be alright.

• Like 2

I don't need a season...I am not airing our dirty laundry here, but CCL is the best QB developer we've had in a ton of years.  Just think back and break it down.

Also, it's the AD I want to fund this, not you and I...but I would kick in something if it would keep us stable.

I think Stidham is going to be the best pure passer we have seen in AU in 20 years atleast.   I can't imagine Fields or Bo being any better. 

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Beaker said:

I don't need a season...I am not airing our dirty laundry here, but CCL is the best QB developer we've had in a ton of years.  Just think back and break it down.

Also, it's the AD I want to fund this, not you and I...but I would kick in something if it would keep us stable.

You don't know how much I hope this is right. I just want to see how things go. Sometimes we can pump to much sunshine. We certainly have needed a QB developer and my fingers are crossed we now have one.

I hope we get Bo and JF but when you are talking about great QB's it is often the intangibles that set them apart.  Look at some of the great pro QB's Bart Starr was a field general a solid athlete and a solid arm but wasn't going to set the world on fire with his pure talent, Joe Montana was Bart Starr with a better arm and a little better athlete than Starr but there have been numerous QB's that if you only measured skill set were better then Montana but few who were better on game day. Peyton Manning all the tools size, arm,  etc. but what set him apart was the way he studied the game, he may have been the best prepared QB of all time. Tom Brady none of the experts would have predicted his level of success coming out of HS and college. Joe Kapp  a big boy and a competitor but as a pure QB weak arm made some horrible throws yet he willed his team to win.

So for all the people predicting BO and JF will both be the next great College QB I hope you are right but till I see them play in a few games I withhold putting them on a pedestal until they have proven it on the field.The measurables are there but there is so much more to being a QB.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

One better, he's the best QB developer we've had since Al Borges who... is currently on the staff too :)

Prior to that was Petrino, who can never set foot in Auburn again, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kd4au said:

If y'all don't care I would like to see a season from CCL before I contribute to the fund. But I sure hope he is as good as everyone thinks he is going to be,if so he'll be alright.

I just hope Malzahn keeps his nose out of the actual game day play calling, allowing Lindsey tp do his job.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I hope we get Bo and JF but when you are talking about great QB's it is often the intangibles that set them apart.  Look at some of the great pro QB's Bart Starr was a field general a solid athlete and a solid arm but wasn't going to set the world on fire with his pure talent, Joe Montana was Bart Starr with a better arm and a little better athlete than Starr but there have been numerous QB's that if you only measured skill set were better then Montana but few who were better on game day. Peyton Manning all the tools size, arm,  etc. but what set him apart was the way he studied the game, he may have been the best prepared QB of all time. Tom Brady none of the experts would have predicted his level of success coming out of HS and college. Joe Kapp  a big boy and a competitor but as a pure QB weak arm made some horrible throws yet he willed his team to win.

So for all the people predicting BO and JF will both be the next great College QB I hope you are right but till I see them play in a few games I withhold putting them on a pedestal until they have proven it on the field.The measurables are there but there is so much more to being a QB.

Joe Kapp  there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Always liked him.

6 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I just hope Malzahn keeps his nose out of the actual game day play calling, allowing Lindsey tp do his job.

It's a head coach's job to be involved in play calling and Malzahn is one of the best offensive minds in the game. He won't keep his nose out of play calling, and rightfully so.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's a head coach's job to be involved in play calling and Malzahn is one of the best offensive minds in the game. He won't keep his nose out of play calling, and rightfully so.

Sure wish Dan Quinn would've gotten involved in the playcalling in the SB. /rant