2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

On August 28, 2017 at 11:20 AM, austudnt23 said:

FSU is only a threat if everything goes as planned and we get JF. Still even with JF it will be very tough for FSU to get Bo. Bo I don't think can come in and start as a freshman and his dad is very informed and knows Bo winning a starting jon as a true freshman at AU or FSU is unlikely. That would mean he would start as a RS sophomore after JF left. This legacies dad still loves AU unlike the last 5 star.

Everything going as planned,. I still do not see Stidham leaving after one year.  We would RS a Fields in 2018, Bo in 19 would RS.  That would mean still only one year between them.  

So your saying Fields plays his RS Soph and RS Jr year and gone correct?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Everything going as planned,. I still do not see Stidham leaving after one year.  We would RS a Fields in 2018, Bo in 19 would RS.  That would mean still only one year between them.  

Why would we wait until Fields' RS Soph year to start playing him? Even if Stidham doesn't go pro after this season, it seems more likely he WILL go pro after next season, which would put Fields in line to compete for the starting job as a RS Freshman....

17 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Can't see us RS fields. He will probably be competing for second QB on the depth chart with Malik. I can see us RS JG though.

Here are  Bo's stats in a 35-14 win over #1 Ramsay.

Passing) 12-27 149yds 2tds

Rushing) 33yds 1td

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-670635510301750278/pinson-valley-35-ramsay-14-indians-knock-off-defending-class-6a-champ/

Edited by AubTigers
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AubTigers said:

Here are  Bo's stats in a 35-14 win over #1 Ramsay.

Passing) 12-27 149yds 2tds

Rushing) 33yds 1td

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-670635510301750278/pinson-valley-35-ramsay-14-indians-knock-off-defending-class-6a-champ/

Dang they beat Ramsay? Didn't Hoover just lose to them? I am impressed.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

I sure hope Patrick can talk to Bo about visiting the Plains and later signing with us in Dec. or Feb. of 2019.

Edited by auburn4ever

yeah I am impressed.  I wonder if Pat Nix needs to follow Chip Lindsey's path to becoming an OC....did they pass that rule where we can't hire a HS coach if we are recruiting a player?  Seems like an obvious choice to seriously consider (as an offensive analyst or QC guy).  it worked for Chip

38 minutes ago, Beaker said:

yeah I am impressed.  I wonder if Pat Nix needs to follow Chip Lindsey's path to becoming an OC....did they pass that rule where we can't hire a HS coach if we are recruiting a player?  Seems like an obvious choice to seriously consider (as an offensive analyst or QC guy).  it worked for Chip

Pat has already tried his hand at coaching on the college level at Miami and at Georgia Tech (not sure if he coached anywhere else on the college level).

51 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Pat has already tried his hand at coaching on the college level at Miami and at Georgia Tech (not sure if he coached anywhere else on the college level).

But was he ready/prepped?  Just spitballing here....I know we won't have Chip forever.

Just now, Beaker said:

But was he ready/prepped?  Just spitballing here....I know we won't have Chip forever.

He didn't have a lot of success at the college level.  Not sure how much of that was on him, though, without digging deeper into it..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I know he was at Jacksonville St.  That's the only other place I know of. 

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I know he was at Jacksonville St.  That's the only other place I know of. 

Maybe Samford as well. THough do not hold me to it! haha

11 hours ago, triangletiger said:

His second job after Jax St was at Henderson State in Arkansas. He was the head coach there for two seasons. 

Edited by Gowebb11

Yes, Patrick did serve as head coach at Henderson St. I was told by  good source Patrick took the job at Henderson St. for two reasons.

1. He wanted to be a head coach at the college level so he took the job at Henderson which goes by the old saying, it's not the end of the wored but you can see it from there.

2. The other reason was to get away from the guy who was head coach at the time at Jacksonville St. I'm sorry, but I don't remember his name but he came to JSU from Southern Miss. and from what I understand he was a real nut job.

Edited by milehighfan

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Yes, Patrick did serve as head coach at Henderson St. I was told by  good source Patrick took the job at Henderson St. for two reasons.

1. He wanted to be a head coach at the college level so he took the job at Henderson which goes by the old saying, it's not the end of the wored but you can see it from there.

2. The other reason was to get away from the guy who was head coach at the time at Jacksonville St. I'm sorry, but I don't remember his name but he came to JSU from Southern Miss. and from what I understand he was a real nut job.

That is 100% true!  

#2. His name is Mike Williams.  Everyone loved him at So. Miss. There were 4-5 guys that went to Jax St from USM with him. They all said he completely changed when he became a HC.  He was paranoid  He would talk about one thing in meetings with coaches and then do the opposite without telling anyone.  Just weird stuff like that.  He pretty much alienated himself from his staff.  He was very difficult to work for.

We went 1-10 that first year. Half of the staff left after that first year. He had a very good staff too. We all know Pat and his coaching career, Charles Kelley, Auburn alum and current FSU DC, Doug Meacham, he was a Broyles Award finalist a few years back, Josh Niblett, now the HC at Hoover, Greg Stewart, a family friend from my hometown who got me the job.  He was at JSU forever and had a very successful career there. Brady Ackerman, who went into TV and radio (now has a talk show in Jacksonville, FL).  I was an undergrad assistant working with running backs with Brady. 

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 2

Just realized he's for next year's class! He has a nice snap in his throwing motion. Would like to see less of a rainbow arch on some of his long passes but his accuracy leaves me fine with it.

I like his running style too. Similar to what Stidham brings to the table; quick enough to take advantage of an open field in front of him.

On 8/30/2017 at 1:33 PM, DAG said:

Can't see us RS fields. He will probably be competing for second QB on the depth chart with Malik. I can see us RS JG though.

All this talk is fun but really far sighted or is it near sighted??

1. No way Francois loses his job to a freshman. Fields should see through that pitch.

2. To think even Francois would go pro after this year is bonkers. That rarely happens for a RS soph to go pro and don't get me started on people talking about Stidham going pro after this year.

3. If he goes pro he would essentially played one year. That's not a big enough resume to be a first rounder. And Cam was a whole different ballgame. 

4. To be projecting the starting and waiting qb for two uncommitted quarterbacks is ridiculous. Fun, but ridiculous. 

OK. Rant over. Keep up the fun.:rant: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

1. No way Francois loses his job to a freshman. Fields should see through that pitch.

If Francois doesn't come back from the injury well, he could very easily lose his job to a QB like Fields, I would think.

52 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If Francois doesn't come back from the injury well, he could very easily lose his job to a QB like Fields, I would think.

No. I mean his injury is not one that would cost him his job. If he was coming back barring an injury, no way he loses a job. That's not something to overlook

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

No. I mean his injury is not one that would cost him his job. If he was coming back barring an injury, no way he loses a job. That's not something to overlook

I didn't really know the extent of the injury; I was at the AU game, so I didn't see the Bama game at all. Didn't even bother with highlights when I found out the score.