2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

7 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I didn't really know the extent of the injury; I was at the AU game, so I didn't see the Bama game at all. Didn't even bother with highlights when I found out the score.

Yeah, think he has an acl injury. The problem I had was people were banking on him going pro which is extremely rare if not unprecedented. They looked at it like college basketball not college football and that's not smart. He'll be back and no way he's losing his job to Justin Fields. I'll put money on that and everyone will lose. Now if he comes to Auburn, he will have a better shot but he doesn't win the starting job. Look at me playing the ridiculous game. It's fun.

Edited by Randman5000

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah, think he has an acl injury. The problem I had was people were banking on him going pro which is extremely rare if not unprecedented. They looked at it like college basketball not college football and there's so that's not smart. He'll be back and no way he's losing his job to Justin Fields. I'll put money on that and everyone will lose. Now if he comes to Auburn, he will have a better shot but he doesn't win the starting job. Look at me playing the ridiculous game. It's fun.

I don't see him having any better chance to start over Stidham than he would to start over Francios. It's basically the same situation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't see him having any better chance to start over Stidham than he would to start over Francios. It's basically the same situation.

Yep. exactly. Unless he's the second coming of Drew Henson, no way he's starting over an upper classman, even if they're a sophomore and future nfler. Lol. 

If I were a top rated QB I would be real leary of signing with FSU, mainly because of their OL.  Francois spent a lot of time last year, not to mention more than a few times last Saturday picking himself up off the ground. And oh yeah, he's now out for the year.

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah, think he has an acl injury. The problem I had was people were banking on him going pro which is extremely rare if not unprecedented. They looked at it like college basketball not college football and that's not smart. He'll be back and no way he's losing his job to Justin Fields. I'll put money on that and everyone will lose. Now if he comes to Auburn, he will have a better shot but he doesn't win the starting job. Look at me playing the ridiculous game. It's fun.

You really think JF has a better shot at starting of Stidham?

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

He tore his patellar tendon. Likely a more difficult recovery/rehab than an ACL injury. Don't think it's a slam dunk that he'll be the same QB he was...

Bo Nix's stats in a 48-8 win over Minor.

Passing)12-16 267yds 2tds

Rushing)88yds 1td

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/329353489706249834/pinson-valley-48-minor-8-bo-nix-puts-on-another-show-for-no-3-indians/

Great start to the season for Bo Nix and Pinson Valley. Minor was the defending area champs for that region. They got another big game next week at Clay-Chalkville.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AubTigers said:

Bo Nix's stats in a 48-8 win over Minor.

Passing)12-16 267yds 2tds

Rushing)88yds 1td

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/329353489706249834/pinson-valley-48-minor-8-bo-nix-puts-on-another-show-for-no-3-indians/

Great start to the season for Bo Nix and Pinson Valley. Minor was the defending area champs for that region. They got another big game next week at Clay-Chalkville.

Thanks for the update, saved me from looking all over the internet. :hellyeah:

6 hours ago, DAG said:

You really think JF has a better shot at starting of Stidham?

Nope. 

But ask me again IF he commits. We're a long way from having that debate as a fanbase. imo

51 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Nope. 

But ask me again IF he commits. We're a long way from having that debate as a fanbase. imo

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Now if he comes to Auburn, he will have a better shot but he doesn't win the starting job

giphy.gif

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

YdZWZ_s-200x150.gif

Edited by Randman5000
i hate computers! And i had three manhattans
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, milehighfan said:

If I were a top rated QB I would be real leary of signing with FSU, mainly because of their OL.  Francois spent a lot of time last year, not to mention more than a few times last Saturday picking himself up off the ground. And oh yeah, he's now out for the year.

Substitute "Auburn" and "Stidham" in above post and still applies, lol

• Like 1

Probaly would welcome it since gus is allergic to knowing how to operate a good passing offense.

• Like 1

I'm not giving up just yet, we still have time to turn this thing around. Gus seemed to have made some good moves in the offseason to be the kind of coach we all hoped he would become. But so far it looks like the same old mess, round 3. 

So in that case, I agree. I think a coaching change would be welcomed by any QB recruit and their families. 

Edited by AUpreacherman22

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I'm not giving up just yet, we still have time to turn this thing around. Gus seemed to have made some good moves in the offseason to be the kind of coach we all hoped he would become. But so far it looks like the same old mess, round 3. 

So in that case, I agree. I think a coaching change would be welcomed by any QB recruit and their families. 

In all seriousness I remember 23 or someone connected saying AS LONG AS we looked good on offense this year then he was basically a lock.. well..................

56 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, assuming Fields goes to LSU or uga ?,

How would the Nix clan feel about a coaching change at AU after this season?

Well, Pat knows as well as anyone the nature of the coaching business so I highly doubt a change would be a nail in the coffin. What would matter I suppose is who takes over and what kind of O would be implemented. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Injury aside, I have to think after the past two weeks, we should be looking like the passing game a prospect like Nix would be attracted to.  Am I correct?  

I heard this morning Stidham is leading the SEC in completion % (over 70%)  and thrown 580 yds the past two games.   Seems like we gaining some momentum.

Edited by Beaker

How much of Dual Threat QB is Nix? We need somebody that can carry the ball at the goal line if needed. Tired of relying on a wildcat...