2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

How much of Dual Threat QB is Nix? We need somebody that can carry the ball at the goal line if needed. Tired of relying on a wildcat...

I think some more creative play-calling would help, i.e. throwing the ball in the RZ. Wildcat ain't going to get it done against quality defenses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I saw Nix play Fairfield last year in state playoffs. He went about 60yds on a QB draw & out ran their entire defense in the process. Kid basically never left the field. He played QB(obviously), safety, punted & returned punts. When their D struggled against one specific WR, they moved him to corner and he locked that guy down. He is definitely an athlete. Fairfield wasn't the best coached team, but they had the better athletes and Bo was definitely a cut above. I never expected him to be faster than them in the open field. Is he Cam or Nick? I wouldn't go that far, but he can move. Plus he has the arm and the intellect to be very special.

• Like 5

On 9/11/2017 at 7:03 PM, GwillMac6 said:

In all seriousness I remember 23 or someone connected saying AS LONG AS we looked good on offense this year then he was basically a lock.. well..................

Well is the word. 

On 9/25/2017 at 0:00 PM, aujeff11 said:

How much of Dual Threat QB is Nix? We need somebody that can carry the ball at the goal line if needed. Tired of relying on a wildcat...

This kid is way too small to attempt using as a battering ram at the goal line, no matter how athletic he is.  That only works with guys like Cam and Tebow, which Bo Nix clearly is not and never will be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, metafour said:

This kid is way too small to attempt using as a battering ram at the goal line, no matter how athletic he is.  That only works with guys like Cam and Tebow, which Bo Nix clearly is not and never will be.

Is he quick enough to be like NM at the goal line? And I gave you a mention the other day....

47 minutes ago, metafour said:

Joey G will be that battering ram.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 9/25/2017 at 11:00 AM, aujeff11 said:

Last I heard he can break ankles.

Too soon? In all serious I hope he has a quick recovery.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No. 

Welp I guess that’s another elite QB that will be standing on the sideline while at the goal line. 

36 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As of now it won't be the AU sideline. 

No but it's okay because we have Sean White as a backup and Malik Willis will be fine and then we'll get Gatewood AND Fields and then Nix boy the future sure is bright at AU at QB like it is every year man I hope Gatewood doesn't mind playing tight end war damn eagle y'all

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That sucks. I see that EJ Montgomery decommitted today as well.

What a time to be alive!!!

12 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Would a coaching change affect that decision ?

39 minutes ago, CR said:

Would a coaching change affect that decision ?

letting chip throw the ball as much as he would like certainly would.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Correct. As of now it will be the Pinson Valley sideline.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 7:47 PM, aujeff11 said:

You’re damn right he will. 

I just hope he's not afraid of contact. Doesn't appear to be. Kid seems to have a lot of confidence. I know Joey will need more work in the passing game but i'm def. more excited about him than i was about Woody. Joey appears to be a solid leader as well. 

20 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Any update with past weeks passing success?

How long will 4-star quarterback Bo Nix be sidelined with a foot injury? It’s not clear.

Pinson Valley coach Patrick Nix – Bo’s father and former Auburn quarterback – said there’s no timetable for the quarterback’s return. The elder Nix described Bo’s injury in vague terms – as a “foot, ankle injury” and a “lower leg injury.”

“It’s a matter of rehabbing it and getting better,” Patrick Nix said. “When the doctors clear him, he’ll be back.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

just hope he's not afraid of contact. Doesn't appear to be. Kid seems to have a lot of confidence. I know Joey will need more work in the passing game but i'm def. more excited about him than i was about Woody. Joey appears to be a solid leader as well. 

Joey has work to do passing wise but I think his running ability will help offset the weaknesses. Joey runs very smooth as well- almost like you know who. 

8 hours ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

I'm guessing "as of now", he's FSwho bound...

He's been to Auburn 2 weeks in a row, he's not going to FSU.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

He's been to Auburn 2 weeks in a row, he's not going to FSU.

Not saying he is or is not going to FSU, but...

1) AU is a lot closer and a lot easier drive after playing (or at least being at the game) on Friday night.

2) I know for a fact recruits have come to every home game in the past and then end up somewhere else simply because it is close and they don't want to have to sit at home.

Again, not saying where he is going, just pointing out flaw in your logic.