2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

All I’ll say is if we manage to play our way out of this there’s a serious issue with our staff. He’s a legacy, he’s incredibly good, and he reminds me of Stidham. Need to get him on board. 

• Like 6

I agree, Bo Nix is a legacy. If Gus some how allows Bo to slip through our fingers and signs else where, then there's something wrong with the way Gus recruits high school QB's.

• Like 1

I think most indicators point to Nix going to AU. Some folks just love to press the panic button.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think most indicators point to Nix going to AU. Some folks just love to press the panic button.

Really? Because some think FSU could steal him away. 

Heck. Far too many on this board want Gus fired. What kid wants to walk into that mess if he has other options? ( just half way kidding)...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, WarTim said:

Heck. Far too many on this board want Gus fired. What kid wants to walk into that mess if he has other options? ( just half way kidding)...

Fair post. I'm mad at him, but I don't want him fired. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

All I’ll say is if we manage to play our way out of this there’s a serious issue with our staff. He’s a legacy, he’s incredibly good, and he reminds me of Stidham. Need to get him on board. 

I think he is way more athletic and instinctive than stidham. As far as a passer that is hard to tell.

16 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Really? Because some think FSU could steal him away. 

There is always a possibility of Nix going to FSU, but it is a small one. Once Fields committed to UGA I think that lessens the chance of Nix considering anyone but AU seriously.

27 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I think he continues to watch Chip work with Jarrett this year and commits early next year to the good guys. I think Chip will do a lot for us when it comes to QB crootin.

I am soooo hoping you are correct. :hellyeah:

57 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Next. 

Q: What do you get when your offensive genius head coach doesn't think that scoring points is a good strategy for winning football games?
A: Not Bo Nix

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Q: What do you get when your offensive genius head coach doesn't think that scoring points is a good strategy for winning football games?
A: Not Bo Nix

Add Pat to that answer. 

• Angry 1

Well we can be back in the picture if Gus is out though, right?

As long as we don't hire a HS coach or a 5-19 walking disaster?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, AubTigers said:

Auburn lock, right? No Justin Fields...

• Like 1

Guess Jimbo will have a really good QB to get FSU back at track. ?

2 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

So are we just convinced that there will be no No No at AU?

Games like this go a long way. WE ACTUALLY THREW MORE THAN TWELVE TIMES YAY!!!!!!

18 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

So are we just convinced that there will be no No No at AU?

That's what some say, why I cannot imagine. The guy keeps showing up at every Auburn home game. Well, maybe I can imagine why some are saying this. It's a backhanded way to whine about Gus, nothing more.

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

jimbo may end up at A&M..................

Is Jimbo really going to leave this time? LSU would be furious if he ended up at A@M after leaving them at the altar.

On 11/4/2017 at 2:05 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Games like this go a long way. WE ACTUALLY THREW MORE THAN TWELVE TIMES YAY!!!!!!

I know you were probably giving a little friendly sarcasm, but there really has been a shift in the run/pass mix.  The fewest number of pass attempts this year is 17 vs Miss St and in that game we had 267 yds passing.  We've averaged around 25 pass attempts per game.   For the year we have 2130 yds rushing and 2065 passing; pretty balanced.  A QB like Bo has a chance to show his talents in this offense.

1 hour ago, afblue said:

I know you were probably giving a little friendly sarcasm, but there really has been a shift in the run/pass mix.  The fewest number of pass attempts this year is 17 vs Miss St and in that game we had 267 yds passing.  We've averaged around 25 pass attempts per game.   For the year we have 2130 yds rushing and 2065 passing; pretty balanced.  A QB like Bo has a chance to show his talents in this offense.

the clemson and lsu games we HAD to pass in the second half because the game dictated it but yes I agree. The perception still out there is not good. I still feel like we should be passing more. The TAMU game was more like I expected coming in to the year.

• Like 2