2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Clemson and atm may be “factors”, (I get it, Bo and Pat are saying the right things), but from the little I know about the situation, and the fact that he keeps coming to AU every weekend, there is very little doubt he signs with anyone but AU. He’s been all AU since the day he was born. 

Hasn't been every weekend. He's been here 3 or 4 games.

I would assume since Fisher went to aTm it might knock the Nix/Fisher deal out.  It's hard to coach on Friday in Pinson Al and make it college station Tx on saturday to watch your son.  

I'd put it at 85% AU,  10% Clemson, 5% aTm

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

I would assume since Fisher went to aTm it might knock the Nix/Fisher deal out.

Only if distance is a factor. Pat & Bo are still very comfortable w/ Jimbo.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Only if distance is a factor. Pat & Bo are still very comfortable w/ Jimbo.

Only way I see it happening now is if Pat turns into the OC or offensive on field coach for Jimbo.  

If I say we get pat nix an off field position coach job, then later get him an on field job later , and then no way bo nix would go anywhere! But AU! What would y’all say?

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

If I say we get pat nix an off field position coach job, then later get him an on field job later , and then no way bo nix would go anywhere! But AU! What would y’all say?

i think there is a rule against that now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, toddc said:

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

i think there is a rule against that now.

Correct. Can't recruit a player if his HC  is on staff at the college from 2 years before through 2 years after said player would sign with a school.

• Angry 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct. Can't recruit a player if his HC  is on staff at the college from 2 years before through 2 years after said player would sign with a school.

Aw man, I remember that now! Oh we’ll 

39 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Only way I see it happening now is if Pat turns into the OC or offensive on field coach for Jimbo.  

You might be right but I'm going to wait to see where the info flows.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You might be right but I'm going to wait to see where the info flows.

I thought we just spoke on coach and player coming to a school had 2 year waiting period 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

I thought we just spoke on coach and player coming to a school had 2 year waiting period 

Different conversation. Read mine & Jay's replies to each other. It goes about 3 volleys.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Different conversation. Read mine & Jay's replies to each other. It goes about 3 volleys.

If Pat takes a job at A&M, then Bo can't go there within two years either way. How can it be otherwise?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

If Pat takes a job at A&M, then Bo can't go there within two years either way. How can it be otherwise?

Who says Pat has to get there before Bo.  

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

Who says Pat has to get there before Bo.  

The rule says two years either way. What this rule is intended to do is stop the practice of hiring a coach in order to get a player or players. If Bo goes first, Pat has to wait two years before he can go to work at A&M. Or, if Pat goes first,  Bo can't sign with A&M for two years.

This discussion started out with the thought that Jimbo would hire Pat in order to get Bo. The rule pretty much quashes that idea unless one of them wants to do two years of sitting somewhere other than with Jimbo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to the Pinson Valley game Friday night. He made plenty of NFL throws, his recievers just didn't help him out any in the first half. Definitely passes the eye test. Have a buddy that is a friends with their OC and fwiw says Auburn is a lock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, autkidd2823 said:

Went to the Pinson Valley game Friday night. He made plenty of NFL throws, his recievers just didn't help him out any in the first half. Definitely passes the eye test. Have a buddy that is a friends with their OC and fwiw says Auburn is a lock.

Can we bring the OC of Pinson Valley with him?! lol Their passing game makes me drool with envy!!!

21 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Saban was in Pinson Friday Evening- FYI

He was there as the distinguished guest speaker at the chupacabra convention....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. Wow.    Those highlights are amazing.   His happy feet remind me of Payton Manning.  Not saying that is good or bad.  He can definitely see holes developing in traffic and hits hits  spots.  wow and he has nice touch on the balls going downfield in the flats.   Maybe the best thing - he seems confident in the pocket and knows where he is going.  Wow.

His TD - INT ratio is crazy for 6A ball.   Can we just have Chip adopt Bo Nix and try to wrap this up?  Chip would probably be a good dad.  Maybe he is already.   Sounds like a good plan to me.   Wow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Holy crap. Wow.    Those highlights are amazing.   His happy feet remind me of Payton Manning.  Not saying that is good or bad.  He can definitely see holes developing in traffic and hits hits  spots.  wow and he has nice touch on the balls going downfield in the flats.   Maybe the best thing - he seems confident in the pocket and knows where he is going.  Wow.

His TD - INT ratio is crazy for 6A ball.   Can we just have Chip adopt Bo Nix and try to wrap this up?  Chip would probably be a good dad.  Maybe he is already.   Sounds like a good plan to me.   Wow.

But, if Chip was his Dad and still OC,  Bo couldn’t sign with AU I don’t think ?...

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

But, if Chip was his Dad and still OC,  Bo couldn’t sign with AU I don’t think ?...

Yes he could.

• Like 1