2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Did you watch the game? 

Yeah, if you watched that game you knew it was a beat down. I kept hoping for some random explosive play because I just knew that our offense couldn't score. Kinda like our game in 2005 against Bammer- beat them by 10 but felt like a 30-40 point whipping (and could/should have been if not for the Tubershell).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

If USC’s offense literally can’t move down the field because they’re getting their crap pushed in, yes. The scoreboard isn’t always reflective of how the game actually went. 

In the final analysis, the scoreboard is all that matters.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In the final analysis, the scoreboard is all that matters.

You’re trolling and that’s okay if it’s your thing, but that’s not actually your thing. You know we got beat down, but if you want to keep trolling be my guest. :dunno:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Try to focus. The statement was "beat the crap out of us". No comment about coaching, no comment about sacks, no comment about anything else. 14-6 is a close score. Nobody got the crap beat out of them.

Nobody's buying it, Mikey. I don't even think you are. 

• Like 1

We need Nix to go ahead and commit and be the face of the signing class next year. It does so much to have a great QB committed that other recruits can rally around

• Like 2

Actually...the statement was "their defense beat the crap out of us". Which....They did...convincingly.  The only thing keeping it from possibly being 30-6 was our DEFENSE.  The original comment was about our OFFENSE starting out strong vs the past 2-3 years of poor starts. 

5 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Actually...the statement was "their defense beat the crap out of us". Which....They did...convincingly.  The only thing keeping it from possibly being 30-6 was our DEFENSE.  The original comment was about our OFFENSE starting out strong vs the past 2-3 years of poor starts. 

Do I have an alter now?

• Haha 1

I think that November Stidham looked like a college quarterback that Bo wouldn't mind looking like, also.

Even in the SECCG, that touchdown pass was like 30 different complaints against Gus- most of them I agreed with- all addressed in one play.

November Stidham did a little bit of everything. We even judiciously deployed some well designed QB draws, which I think would appeal to a guy like Nix.

I think Bo would be okay seeing a slightly rusty version of that to start the 2018 season. And he will be pleased to see a defense that can contribute to the offense's success. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I think that November Stidham looked like a college quarterback that Bo wouldn't mind looking like, also.

Even in the SECCG, that touchdown pass was like 30 different complaints against Gus- most of them I agreed with- all addressed in one play.

November Stidham did a little bit of everything. We even judiciously deployed some well designed QB draws, which I think would appeal to a guy like Nix.

I think Bo would be okay seeing a slightly rusty version of that to start the 2018 season. And he will be pleased to see a defense that can contribute to the offense's success. 

I just don't see Stid coming out rusty anymore, unless the o-line is too much of a problem early I don't see him struggling. Another year of perfecting his already superb mechanics and improving his connection with his receivers will have him on fire all year. Davey O'Brien is his if he wants it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I just don't see Stid coming out rusty anymore, unless the o-line is too much of a problem early I don't see him struggling. Another year of perfecting his already superb mechanics and improving his connection with his receivers will have him on fire all year. Davey O'Brien is his if he wants it.

I don't know if Stid will be rusty per se, but you don't often see an offense in midseason form on Labor Day weekend. And since we're breaking in a new center no matter what, I think there will be some growing pains for the whole OL early on. 

If we're lucky, they'll be somewhere north of rusty. But I can't imagine them being *sharp*. Definitely one of those things I'd love to be wrong about.

Sure his has been talked about but can't find . When is Bo planning on commiting . Would be great to get him commited and have a guy like him recruiting for Auburn early . 

Edited by bmartin3228

2 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Sure his has been talked about but can't find . When is Bo planning on commiting . Would be great to get him commited and have a guy like him recruiting for Auburn early . 

On 12/19/2017 at 9:35 AM, aujeff11 said:

Could’ve sworn I read he wanted to commit before the season so he could help recruit.

He did say that. Within the past week in fact.

•  

• 2 weeks later...

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Humm 

I am skurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred this is so huge man. This will make or break our 2019 class imo. He can be the leader we were missing with the 2018 class.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

the leader we were missing with the 2018 class.

Joey, Worm, Jalil, & others were good leaders for the 2018 class IMO.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Joey, Worm, Jalil, & others were good leaders for the 2018 class IMO.

That is fair. I can dig it.