2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

"I believe in Auburn...and love it!" was him committing to AU.

BEST COMMITMENT VIDEO EVVVVVAAAAAARRR!!!!

It's a great one, but I think I still like the one KJ Britt did more. But this is a huge pick up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

don't you wish that evil on us ricky bobby mcloofus!!!

tenor.gif

For now on I'm calling @McLoofus RBM

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 2

Great news!  Welcome to the Family!  Continuing to build quality depth on this roster!

Out of curiosity, @ellitor:  Which coach was his main recruiter?

• Thanks 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Great news!  Welcome to the Family!  Continuing to build quality depth on this roster!

Out of curiosity, @ellitor:  Which coach was his main recruiter?

greg brown obviously !!! me and @fredst boy getting it done! lol :bananadance:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's about time a legacy from my AU time committed! I have really looked forward to this!  My freshman year was 93 and I have a lot of love for Pat Nix!  What joy he brought us!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Looking forward to him, scared about what it can cause after the jj/sw stuff if the board was indicative of the entire fan base. We really needed a high profile legacy to choose us though.

• Like 2

Honestly I was never too concerned. The young man’s name is Bo !!!

• Like 1

I got to give it to @Mikey he was confident all the way through.

• Thanks 1

The second coming of BO!

Justyn time for all the Stud wide receivers to get (or stay) on board and for all the offensive lineman that want to protect the future Auburn superstar to join the family! 

WDE!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Looking forward to him, scared about what it can cause after the jj/sw stuff if the board was indicative of the entire fan base. We really needed a high profile legacy to choose us though.

What are you scared of exactly? In the scenario you mentioned we had a QB throwing passes directly to linebackers and the other dude was serviceable albeit had a low ceiling. 

Backup QB is always most popular especially when things aren't going rosy. But in your example I gotta think SW >>>>> JJ.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What are you scared of exactly? In the scenario you mentioned we had a QB throwing passes directly to linebackers and the other dude was serviceable albeit had a low ceiling. 

Backup QB is always most popular especially when things aren't going rosy. But in your example I gotta think SW >>>>> JJ.

Can we hold off this debate for a few days please & just celebrate his commitment for now.? TIA.

• Like 4

Just now, aufootball1 said:

Nix and Gatewood will be a great battle!!! 

Willis won't go down without a fight either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

Nix and Gatewood will be a great battle!!! 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Willis won't go down without a fight either.

Not sure Gatewood even sees the light of day. I predict it will be Willis for 2019 and 2020 seasons then Nix after that. My big prediction: Gatewood either transfers or changes to TE. Jeff can pin this and use it against me in 2 years from now. :) 

Edited by thaitopher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Not sure Gatewood even sees the light of day. I predict it will be Willis for 2019 and 2020 seasons then Nix after that. My big prediction: Gatewood either transfers or changes to TE. Jeff can pin this and use it against me in 2 years from now. :) 

Man. The way Joey has progressed as a QB in the limited snaps he's had I'm right there w/ @aujeff11. I don't see him moving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can we hold off this debate for a few days please & just celebrate his commitment for now.? TIA.

You're right my bad. Wasn't trying to start a debate just wasn't sure what scared him. Not the time nor the place though, I get it. We just got a stud at QB!

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Man. The way Joey has progressed as a QB in the limited snaps he's had I'm right there w/ @aujeff11. I don't see him moving.

I agree that Joey has progressed a lot. And no one in their right mind would take the position I am taking given that Gatewood won the MVP of the high school bowl game. Gatewood was still only 8/16 in that game, but his running ability definitely means that he doesn't have to be quite as accurate throwing the ball. We'll see.