2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Not sure Gatewood even sees the light of day. I predict it will be Willis for 2019 and 2020 seasons then Nix after that. My big prediction: Gatewood either transfers or changes to TE. Jeff can pin this and use it against me in 2 years from now. :) 

If he transfers out, I’d be emotionally devastated.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Man. The way Joey has progressed as a QB in the limited snaps he's had I'm right there w/ @aujeff11. I don't see him moving.

You’re a good man....for now.:comfort:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Great news!  Welcome to the Family!  Continuing to build quality depth on this roster!

Out of curiosity, @ellitor:  Which coach was his main recruiter?

Ha, he was already in the family. From day 1 that boys been a Tiger. :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You're right my bad. Wasn't trying to start a debate just wasn't sure what scared him. Not the time nor the place though, I get it. We just got a stud at QB!

I was curious, too. 

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Gatewood was still only 8/16 in that game,

Don't forget 3 of those were drops & 2 would have been TDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You're right my bad. Wasn't trying to start a debate just wasn't sure what scared him. Not the time nor the place though, I get it. We just got a stud at QB!

Wasn't against you at all Tiger. I could just see one of our ever popular QB debates spilling of into this recruiting thread. I would like to give it a few days of celebration first on this commitment before seeing if that happens.

• Like 2

As for Bo, he shows some promise.

I think if you watch how the ball spins, there is a lot of work to be done.   also he holds his chin a little low on the intermediate passes.   I hope he can fix those bad habits next year or he may not get a commit-able offer.   This could be a disaster.....

Bwahahahahahhahaa.  It was just fun reading that.   Seriously, have we ever had a QB with this kind of hype coming out of HS?   Not sure Jason Campbell had this kind of upside.  

AS good as Stidham throws the ball, i like Bo more. I think the instinct and pocket awareness are his strengths. we haven't had that since Cam. actually only Cam. He will be good.

• Like 2

I "believe" Stidham is going to improve enough to help us win games and get him paid by the end of 2018. Willis and Gatewood will be battling out to replace him with Nix getting a red shirt while getting physically ready to compete in 2020/21

• Like 1

:wareagle::wareagle::wareagle: I knew all along that it would take a giant screw up to not get Bo. Glad he finally committed.

29 minutes ago, Beaker said:

As for Bo, he shows some promise.

I think if you watch how the ball spins, there is a lot of work to be done.   also he holds his chin a little low on the intermediate passes.   I hope he can fix those bad habits next year or he may not get a commit-able offer.   This could be a disaster.....

Bwahahahahahhahaa.  It was just fun reading that.   Seriously, have we ever had a QB with this kind of hype coming out of HS?   Not sure Jason Campbell had this kind of upside.  

The only reason Jason did not have this kind of hype is because the social media world was not what it is now even if it existed yet. Jason was a 5* & got a lot of hype in his own right.

This place would be going crazy if we got Jason in 2018.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4

Boom so pumped !!!!! I know its tough cause you comparing high school to college on film. But is it just me or does he look a good bit more mobile then Stidham? Who has seen him play in person?

Guess I will be the last one here who wants to see that signature on the letter before I declare victory....:)  but it does sound encouraging... 

2 minutes ago, au75 said:

Which QB leaves for not getting playing time?

giphy.gif

Can we just celebrate his commitment a few days before these types of discussions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Boom so pumped !!!!! I know its tough cause you comparing high school to college on film. But is it just me or does he look a good bit more mobile then Stidham?

Stidham looked to have similar mobility out of HS FWIW. That's why I consider Bo an athletic Pocket QB instead of a true dual QB. FWIW 247 is looking to make that change on him soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Boom so pumped !!!!! I know its tough cause you comparing high school to college on film. But is it just me or does he look a good bit more mobile then Stidham? Who has seen him play in person?

Bo will be more like Stidham.  Stidham stronger arm.  Bo better underneath and better mechanics.  

• Like 2

Just now, corchjay said:

Bo will be more like Stidham.  Stidham stronger arm.  Bo better underneath and better mechanics.  

Damn! It's like I just read the scouting report guys are paying for on 247, Scout, & Rivals. We are blessed to have you.

In case people are wondering there is no sarcasm there & it's a true compliment to Jay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome, Mr Nix! Great news for us. I feel like Bo will take a leadership position in recruiting this class. To have one if not the best QB in the class committed to AU already should help. No telling what happens down the road but I would say we are pretty well stocked at QB right now!

Edited by JFDTiger80

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

Welcome, Mr Nix! Great news for us. I feel like Bo will take a leadership position in recruiting this class. Ti have one if not the best QB in the class committed to AU already should help. No telling what happens down the road but I would say we are pretty well stocked at QB right now!

Agree. Hopefully, this really provides a kickstart to our 2019 class. I imagine lots of kids want to play with Nix. Think about all the players that Nix has camped with over the years - probably has developed strong relationships with a lot of really good players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

arm strength comment is a projection or as of now? Still has  time to gain  more? Anyways thanks for that for the report

Generally speaking very little velocity improvement will be made from 18 year old plus.  For baseball players you can expect 1 mph increase per year until about age 24.  I don’t have a lot of information for football velocity but would think getting stronger would help but deep throws aren’t about arm strength it’s about reading defenses and timing

10 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

arm strength comment is a projection or as of now? Still has  time to gain  more? Anyways thanks for that for the report

Bo and Pat themselves have said it's an issue, more on the lower body & core to get stronger to increase his arm drive.