2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Bo and Pat themselves have said it's an issue, more on the lower body & core to get stronger to increase his arm drive.

Get him in the squat rack more often. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The only reason Jason did not have this kind of hype is because the social media world was not what it is now even if it existed yet. Jason was a 5* & got a lot of hype in his own right.

This place would be going crazy if we got Jason in 2018.

A lot of message board hype for J Campbell when he committed...ITAT was nuts back then..  He was called "The Future" for a reason.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The only reason Jason did not have this kind of hype is because the social media world was not what it is now even if it existed yet. Jason was a 5* & got a lot of hype in his own right.

This place would be going crazy if we got Jason in 2018.

Being I was on campus with a friend who was a walk on Campbell was extra hyped. When he first was on campus his nickname was the future

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

A lot of message board hype for J Campbell when he committed...ITAT was nuts back then..  He was called "The Future" for a reason.

Wow we literally posted at the same time. Crazy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Generally speaking very little velocity improvement will be made from 18 year old plus.  For baseball players you can expect 1 mph increase per year until about age 24.  I don’t have a lot of information for football velocity but would think getting stronger would help but deep throws aren’t about arm strength it’s about reading defenses and timing

Yeah , Baseball thats a big deal. Do not know how velo would translate to a football but My number one jumped 5 MPH junior to present and just signed with Mercer to play baseball.  They really liked him because he still projects to add a good bit more velo . A lot lot editor said is being able learn to use body well and gaining strength. I just didn't know if you knew if he projected to be able to gain some more because of flaws like lower half or if he was already using everything well and was pretty much topped off.

• Like 1

imho, this is another result of CGM getting the contract etc... I think it would have been a much bigger battle if not for that! Also, atm’s new hire in CJF would have had a better chance if it got drug out for several more months! I think Bo always wanted to be a Tiger, but without coaching stability it may have become more of a business decision with him and Pat to look around at other opportunities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Stidham looked to have similar mobility out of HS FWIW. That's why I consider Bo an athletic Pocket QB instead of a true dual QB. FWIW 247 is looking to make that change on him soon.

Dual Threat in HS does not usually or always translate like that to DI.   The D ends in the SEC can outrun all the HS linebackers, for the most part.  And the LBs outrun the DEs.  Different game.  

Stidhams HS video reminds you of Superman.   "Athletic Pocket QB" is apropos 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmartin3228 said:

Yeah , Baseball thats a big deal. Do not know how velo would translate to a football but My number one jumped 5 MPH junior to present and just signed with Mercer to play baseball.  They really liked him because he still projects to add a good bit more velo . A lot lot editor said is being able learn to use body well and gaining strength. I just didn't know if you knew if he projected to be able to gain some more because of flaws like lower half or if he was already using everything well and was pretty much topped off.

He will add some.  And velocity also matters throwing the football.  Think about those windows to throw into in traffic like the strike zone.  The longer the ball is in the zone the more the batter or in football speak the defender can do with it.  

For improvement he can get on a throwing program to really learn to use his body and not so much of his arm.  I'm sure Pat will work with him.  What's his age 16 or 17... He has some time for growth as well.  A Tier 1 university strength program will also help.  However, saying all of that I don't see and issue with arm strength at all.  He has plenty.  Like I mentioned earlier the deep ball is more based on timing and such then actual arm strength.  Who designs a play other then end of game where the design is to throw it 60 yards in the air anyway.  

• Thanks 1

Bo did say he was annoyed that so many had already pegged him as a future AU recruit in an interview some months ago and I'm glad he didn't go against the grain especially not committing to Dabo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Stidham looked to have similar mobility out of HS FWIW. That's why I consider Bo an athletic Pocket QB instead of a true dual QB. FWIW 247 is looking to make that change on him soon.

totally agree with this. I hate they rate him as a DT/QB..bc to me he does not fit the mold of THAT type, who HS teams run as much as let them pass.

I agree with you E, that he is just an athletic Pocket passer....He will be like JS, where we run him every now and then, but most of the time he will throw from the pocket...

Man we have a great RB Asa Martin a great WR Class  and a great QB this year and now we are getting a great receiver Pickens and great QB Bo next year this has the potential of becoming an offensive dynasty now we need to get some big Nasty's to block for all those great skill position players.  Welcome aboard Bo and a Big War Eagle.:wareagle:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

???

That game was a ridiculous showing by those 2 studs!!!  I was rooting for my Alma Mater AHS, but I was happy after the game knowing those two guys would be suiting up in Orange and Blue!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

My only regret is Bo is not in the 18 class. ?

let this man alleviate your pain of that!!! I am so glad we have this guy in 2018 in BOOOOOOOO in 2019.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

let this plan alleviate your pain of that!!! I am so glad we have this guy in 2018 in BOOOOOOOO in 2019.

Is that Cam throwing to DA at the end of the first half of the SECCG?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Is that Cam throwing to DA at the end of the first half of the SECCG?

OHHHHH mr fred off the top rope with the analogy of the day!!!! I love it!!! And heck yah!! just a flick of the wrist and that football was right up on the dude where it needed to be.

• Love 1