2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

I sure hope he is more Baker Mayfield and less JS. Look like he has just enough athletic ability to evade defenders but accurately pass down field 

• Like 2

We do know that Bo has a little brother in middle school who could be better than Bo, don't we?  I hope Gus handles Bo right and doesn't screw him up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I sure hope he is more Baker Mayfield and less JS. Look like he has just enough athletic ability to evade defenders but accurately pass down field 

He will have to fill out a lot to be Mayfield.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He will have to fill out a lot to be Mayfield.

Let's pray to the football gods he does

crutin already for AU!!!! WOOO!!! Leading by example. That is how it is done!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

crutin already for AU!!!! WOOO!!! Leading by example. That is how it is done!

I was JUST coming on here to tell you about his mad tweeting skills. Schwartz is also very active. ??

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

In my very novice and non expert opinion that amounts to ummm NOTHING lol  he is not as fast straight line than stiddy but he has a heck of a lot more quickness than him and especially lateral quickness. Now we will have to see what happens when the rush is bearing down on him with college kids but in high school he keeps his eyes down field and does not look at the rush like stidham does. Stidham has a absolute hose for a arm. Like Stidham can make every throw. He has the prototypical NFL qb arm. Bo is not there yet and may never be but his QB instincts are so much better than stidhams. He is not just a 1 read guy like stidham is. Bo forreal is special like @bigbird has always said. He has IT. He has things that you cannot teach. He is in high school and anticipates throws way better than stidham. If he was 3 inches taller and 25 more pounds heavier he would no doubt be the number 1 player in the country. The college weight room is going to do wonders for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

I was JUST coming on here to tell you about his mad tweeting skills. Schwartz is also very active. ??

O we have been bragging on schwartz since he committed!!!! The man has been relentless on twitter recruiting for us since last week! I love it! The love for AU is really showing.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

In my very novice and non expert opinion that amounts to ummm NOTHING lol  he is not as fast straight line than stiddy but he has a heck of a lot more quickness than him and especially lateral quickness. Now we will have to see what happens when the rush is bearing down on him with college kids but in high school he keeps his eyes down field and does not look at the rush like stidham does. Stidham has a absolute hose for a arm. Like Stidham can make every throw. He has the prototypical NFL qb arm. Bo is not there yet and may never be but his QB instincts are so much better than stidhams. He is not just a 1 read guy like stidham is. Bo forreal is special like @bigbird has always said. He has IT. He has things that you cannot teach. He is in high school and anticipates throws way better than stidham. If he was 3 inches taller and 25 more pounds heavier he would no doubt be the number 1 player in the country. The college weight room is going to do wonders for him. 

I hope you are right bud. The hype will be unreal to say the least.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hope you are right bud. The hype will be unreal to say the least.

we ain't buds we fam! just like bo now lol. But yes. Especially because I bet he is going to tear up the shorts and t shirts circuit this summer like he did last year. That ranking is going to keep going up. I def could see him eventually reaching 5 star status.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That game was a ridiculous showing by those 2 studs!!!  I was rooting for my Alma Mater AHS, but I was happy after the game knowing those two guys would be suiting up in Orange and Blue!

Same here... my kids go to AHS and missing that last second field goal in the 4Q was sicking... Asa is the real deal!  #GoBlackBears

• Love 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The thing that jumped out at me watching his film was his feet in the pocket. Always moving. Never stationary until he plants and throws. Looked like he was in a QB camp drill in the middle of the game. I don't know how much that matters or if he's really that much different than other top guys in that regard, but it was just something that struck me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The thing that jumped out at me watching his film was his feet in the pocket. Always moving. Never stationary until he plants and throws. Looked like he was in a QB camp drill in the middle of the game. I don't know how much that matters or if he's really that much different than other top guys in that regard, but it was just something that struck me. 

I saw that too. They are always moving yet his shoulders are squared and his eyes remain downfield. If he can feel the rush and keep doing it...THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Willis and Gatewood will be battling out to replace him with Nix getting a red shirt while getting physically ready to compete in 2020/21

Nix will compete for the starting job in 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very excited about this kid. I love getting quarterbacks who have won championships because they don't choke when they get there at different levels. A big reason I was excited about Cam was his JUCO championship. Yes the competition levels are different but the mentality of it is the same. Just 4 interceptions with that many passes is insane.

My only hesitation is I hope that he fills out that frame a good bit before he goes to start. I know he will but it's just something I'd make a priority. If Stidham is still here for his senior year (correct me if I'm off by a bit) then he should definitely redshirt to bulk.

Edit: I forgot to say the most important part...

BOOM

WAR EAGLE

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I've seen some also call that happy feet for a negative connation for QBs. IDK.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I've seen some also call that happy feet for a negative connation for QBs. IDK.

I've always interpreted happy feet as a guy who's looking to get out of the pocket at the first sign of pressure, but I'll defer to the coaches on that. 

Here's an example of Manning doing it, albeit maybe not a good example:

I view 'happy feet' as likely a positive because they can slip and slide more readily.   I think solid/stable feet and I think Dan Marino.  I think of happy feet - Peyton Manning.   Neither good nor bad, depends how the QB reacts under a collapsing pocket.

24 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Is this guy really a dual threat, he looks a lot like a pocket passer? anyone able to shed any light on this mystery?

FWIW here are my thoughts from a day or so ago...

• Like 1