2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

44 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I feel you G. Missed 5 games and still got these stats. That completion percentage is bananas. He will be the no.1 QB  after next season and it will help our recruiting out even more. Hopefully he'll stay healthy.

IMG_1014.JPG

The only thing he is missing from being a consensus top 10 player in the country for this class is ideal prototypical height and weight. He has ALL the tools.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I feel you G. Missed 5 games and still got these stats. That completion percentage is bananas. He will be the no.1 QB  after next season and it will help our recruiting out even more. Hopefully he'll stay healthy.

IMG_1014.JPG

I'm as big a Nix fan as anybody, but that screen can't be right. Nobody has ever in the history of football completed 296 of 307 passes! That's over 96%. I'll say impossible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The only thing he is missing from being a consensus top 10 player in the country for this class is ideal prototypical height and weight. He has ALL the tools.

If he really only had 11 incompletions all of last year I’d say he’s ahead of the curve development-wise....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

If he really only had 11 incompletions all of last year I’d say he’s ahead of the curve development-wise....

hahahaha yah I just caught that now!!!  I wonder what the real number is though.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha yah I just caught that now!!!  I wonder what the real number is though.

Maybe 206 complete? Still strong even if that’s the #....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Maybe 206 complete? Still strong even if that’s the #....

Heck yah. He is a beast. He put a seasons worth of stats in 5 less games. So thankful he committed early to put all of our minds at ease. It is going to be huge for 2019 momentum.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'm as big a Nix fan as anybody, but that screen can't be right. Nobody has ever in the history of football completed 296 of 307 passes! That's over 96%. I'll say impossible.

How dare you doubt that is The Bo Nix!!!!!!!.........................

lowkey I thought the same Mikey.

Edit: It's actually 196 completions

Edited by WFE12
  • Haha 1

:bananadance:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

:bananadance:

C'mon with the c'mon Bo!!!!! Talk to Pickens while you're at it!

VmQmqK7B4xDNK-20.gif-20.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I cannot WAIT to see Bo Nix playing in Jordan Hare.  Patrick was a friend of mine from HS and the QB while I was at Auburn.  You could not ask for a better kid and a better family to represent Auburn....oh the nostalgia! 

Bo's mind might have lead him to look at other schools, but that boy's heart is pure Orange and Blue.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 2/4/2018 at 10:22 AM, AEAugirl said:

I cannot WAIT to see Bo Nix playing in Jordan Hare.  Patrick was a friend of mine from HS and the QB while I was at Auburn.  You could not ask for a better kid and a better family to represent Auburn....oh the nostalgia! 

Bo's mind might have lead him to look at other schools, but that boy's heart is pure Orange and Blue.  

There is just something heart warming about Legacy players and they're just so rare.

I love it when we sign legacies as Zeek said it is heart warming. That said one reason it is so rare is that a lot of times the legacies are not as good as their fathers. With a limit of 25 a year and 85 total coaches can't let sentiment get in the way of who they give offers to.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love it when we sign legacies as Zeek said it is heart warming. That said one reason it is so rare is that a lot of times the legacies are not as good as their fathers. With a limit of 25 a year and 85 total coaches can't let sentiment get in the way of who they give offers to.

Somebody needs to post this on a weekly if not a daily basis.

• 3 weeks later...

This kid really is the #1 DT-QB in the nation? I am not going to get too giddy have the same prognosis for JS. Like I said, I hope he has been watching some Baker Mayfield film.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This kid really is the #1 DT-QB in the nation? I am not going to get too giddy have the same prognosis for JS. Like I said, I hope he has been watching some Baker Mayfield film.

Number 1 pocket passer on rivals. He has more shake to him than Stiddy and is more of a DT than JS but yah he is def still more of a pocket passer than true DT. He is a beast though. He stays in the pocket even in the face of pressure and does not try to run as soon as the first hint of pressure comes along. Does not have the hose of a stidham but he is deadly accurate and has a good enough arm right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Number 1 pocket passer on rivals. He has more shake to him than Stiddy and is more of a DT than JS but yah he is def still more of a pocket passer than true DT. He is a beast though. He stays in the pocket even in the face of pressure and does not try to run as soon as the first hint of pressure comes along. Does not have the hose of a stidham but he is deadly accurate and has a good enough arm right now.

Good! We need someone recruiting in this class lol

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The attribute that stands out most to me is how live his feet stay in the pocket. In terms of mobility, he reminds me a wee bit of Aaron Rodgers. I'm cool if every Auburn QB watches this clip a million times.

• Love 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Bo goes to school like 20 minutes from where I live. I'm going to go watch him play a time or two this coming season.

stalker.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, amsterjam said:

I hope he's practicing his bubble screens and his deep ball.

sadbuttrue.gif

Sad, but true. Don't forget the bubble screen must have no blockers. Also, he needs to learn how to do the statue of liberty after a muddle-huddle!

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2018 at 8:39 AM, Zeek said:

sadbuttrue.gif

Sad, but true. Don't forget the bubble screen must have no blockers. Also, he needs to learn how to do the statue of liberty after a muddle-huddle!

Hey the no blocker screen was pre-CCL. Now our screen game is deadly (when we don't make it obvious) -- Ryan Davis made a living off of the screen this past season

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hey the no blocker screen was pre-CCL. Now our screen game is deadly (when we don't make it obvious) -- Ryan Davis made a living off of the screen this past season

My thought as well. Trovon Reed and Quan Bray are like, where was that when we were here?!?!?