2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

I want Bo to be our first non-transfer QB to do something amazing with this team!

Cam / Nick / Jarrett have all been blessings but just once we need a homegrown guy to lead us to a championship

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I want Bo to be our first non-transfer QB to do something amazing with this team!

I don't want to have to wait on Bo. I'd rather Malik or Joey do it 1st.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

But let's be honest, none of us would cry is Bo came in and was a Freshman phenom who they couldn't help but give the start to from day 1. Still, I'm in camp Joey.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

But let's be honest, none of us would cry is Bo came in and was a Freshman phenom who they couldn't help but give the start to from day 1. Still, I'm in camp Joey.

Agreed but barring 1 of Joey or Maik leaving I want Bo to Redshirt year 1 & increase the strength in his frame.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think I am in Malik camp.  If Malik can come in and be assume then that means we developed a QB in house and they would really put a burr in some people's sock.

24 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'd be bummed. A true freshman starting a whole season of football is going to make a LOT of mistakes. I don't care who he is. Tim Tebow wasn't ready as a true freshman. Cam Newton wasn't ready as true freshman. Johnny Manziel took a redshirt. Lamar Jackson was barely over a 50% passer with 8 picks as a freshman. 

I'd be curious to know the greatest season a true freshman QB ever had as a full-time starter. I'm guessing that it didn't result in a championship. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'd be bummed. A true freshman starting a whole season of football is going to make a LOT of mistakes. I don't care who he is. Tim Tebow wasn't ready as a true freshman. Cam Newton wasn't ready as true freshman. Johnny Manziel took a redshirt. Lamar Jackson was barely over a 50% passer with 8 picks as a freshman. 

I'd be curious to know the greatest season a true freshman QB ever had as a full-time starter. I'm guessing that it didn't result in a championship. 

Hurts was a true freshman and went to the NC game.  Yeah, they didn't win but that wasn't because of him.

With that being said, I do agree with what you are saying and I hope Bo is not required to start as a FR

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hurts was a true freshman and went to the NC game.  Yeah, they didn't win but that wasn't because of him.

With that being said, I do agree with what you are saying and I hope Bo is not required to start as a FR

Well, YEAH, if you go ALL the way back to 2016. I thought it was assumed that we were talking about the modern era of football. Jeez, Keel, you're killin' me here...

(Whoops!)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's true lol

I do think that JS just might stay for his senior year. Now that would be awesome.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I do think that JS just might stay for his senior year. Now that would be awesome

Nope.

He gone.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Well, YEAH, if you go ALL the way back to 2016. I thought it was assumed that we were talking about the modern era of football. Jeez, Keel, you're killin' me here...

(Whoops!)

Oh, you want modern era... ok. Fromm didn't do half bad as the starter for all but 1/2 of a game, and he played in and almost won the national championship last year. Kinda funny how everyone forgets about him (well, not funny to him, I"m sure).

I would bet that Nix is a much better overall QB coming in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Oh, you want modern era... ok. Fromm didn't do half bad as the starter for all but 1/2 of a game, and he played in and almost won the national championship last year. Kinda funny how everyone forgets about him (well, not funny to him, I"m sure).

I would bet that Nix is a much better overall QB coming in. 

Damn. I thought I was being rhetorical. For a guy who regularly steps in it on this site, I'm really lowering the bar today. 

Well, to be fair to me, you guys are talking about bama and uga QBs. I don't ever really think about those teams.

Image result for i'm an idiot gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I do think that JS just might stay for his senior year.

After he was much closer to leaving last year than some of us realized including myself I don't see Jarrett coming back for his SR season barring a fairly serious injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

After he was much closer to leaving last year than some of us realized including myself I don't see Jarrett coming back for his SR season barring a fairly serious injury.

That surprises me. I think he played really well but he seems like the exact type of QB that would benefit strongly from using all of his eligibility.

He's not a physical freak and I think he could benefit from padding his resume. My thoughts aside, I guess this will be his last barbeque on the plains after all. Well whoever steps in after this year should be inheriting one hell of a team.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I do think that JS just might stay for his senior year.

He's already being projected as one of the top QBs for next year's draft.  You've got him for one more season and then the QB race is wide open.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That surprises me. I think he played really well but he seems like the exact type of QB that would benefit strongly from using all of his eligibility.

He's not a physical freak and I think he could benefit from padding his resume. My thoughts aside, I guess this will be his last barbeque on the plains after all. Well whoever steps in after this year should be inheriting one hell of a team.

The extra year may benefit him in some ways but financially is not one of them if he stays as 1 of the top QB prospects in the nation. Heck he probably would have been a mid round pick if he came out last season.

Edited by ellitor

He was a consensus 5* however, as soon as he chose Auburn Rivals dropped him to a 4* and from #6 to #25 in the nation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

He came very very very close to leaving early. Unless something weird happens he's gone after this year.

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He came very very very close to leaving early. Unless something weird happens he's gone after this year.

I thank the Elk for bringing him back.  A moment of clarity.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wde1968 said:

He was a consensus 5* however, as soon as he chose Auburn Rivals dropped him to a 4* and from #6 to #25 in the nation.

Wrong on 2 accounts. 1. Rivals didn't drop him after he committed to AU. Their last rankings update was February 20th. A full month before recruiting reporters had any inkling Pappoe was trending to AU. 2. He did not drop from #6 to #25. The 6 is how many spots he moved down...from 15 to 21. Not sure where you got #25 from at all...Link

Bottom line is it doesn't matter if Rivals has him a 5 or 4* right now. If he stays in the 20s or moves up he will be a 5* at NSD as Rivals usually gives out 31-34 5*s per year. They always build up to that number in each class.

I'm sick & tired of people posting these Auburn rankings drops myths & wish I could do this to the inferiority complex this the mind set comes from...

b9cDU.gif

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I think I am in Malik camp.  If Malik can come in and be assume then that means we developed a QB in house and they would really put a burr in some people's sock.

Malik has a swagger that I really like and has NM type athletic ability.  I’ve said it for awhile if we unlock Joey’s full potential, he’ll be making a trip or trips to NYC. We have more talent at the QB position than we’ve had in some time. Just have to coach and prepare them for when they have to step in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Malik has a swagger that I really like and has NM type athletic ability.  I’ve said it for awhile if we unlock Joey’s full potential, he’ll be making a trip or trips to NYC. We have more talent at the QB position than we’ve had in some time. Just have to coach and prepare them for when they have to step in.

I do not see this NM athletic ability at all you are talking about with him. Nick had elite level athletic ability. He was a sec corner after all and they are the most athletic guys on teams most of the time. I see Malik as having good athletic ability but not close to the nick marshall category. Malik is a dime a dozen dual threat QB athletic ability. Nick was special man. He had IT. He was able to mask and hide his flaws as a QB just by his sheer athleticism alone. One of the Best cuts I have ever seen at Auburn when he plants his foot AND HE IS GONE.   Bo Nix will be the best pure QB on the roster in 2019. The only reason he will not start right away is because he is a true freshmen. I think he will eventually start sometime in 2019 because the best players play. If he is a early enrollee then I am even more firmly in this stance and camp. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not see this NM athletic ability at all you are talking about with him. Nick had elite level athletic ability. He was a sec corner after all and they are the most athletic guys on teams most of the time. I see Malik as having good athletic ability but not close to the nick marshall category. Malik is a dime a dozen dual threat QB athletic ability. Nick was special man. He had IT. He was able to mask and hide his flaws in a QB just by his sheer athleticism alone. One of the Best cuts I have ever seen at Auburn when he plants his foot AND HE IS GONE.   Bo Nix will be the best pure QB on the roster in 2019. The only reason he will not start right away is because he is a true freshmen. I think he will eventually start sometime in 2019 because the best players play. If he is a early enrollee then I am even more firmly in this stance and camp. 

I agree, Nick had a god gifted arm, and instincts. However I think as far as speed and agility, NM is at least comparable, maybe not at that level, but comparable. That’s just my opinion. The difference in NM in my opinion was his arm and his instincts.

Edited by Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I agree, Nick had a god gifted arm, and instincts. However I think as far as speed and agility, NM is at least comparable, maybe not at that level, but comparable. That’s just my opinion 

WORD MAV!!!!!!!!

e4r.gif

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wrong on 2 accounts. 1. Rivals didn't drop him after he committed to AU. Their last rankings update was February 20th. A full month before recruiting reporters had any inkling Pappoe was trending to AU. 2. He did not drop from #6 to #25. The 6 is how many spots he moved down...from 15 to 21. Not sure where you got #25 from at all...Link

Bottom line is it doesn't matter if Rivals has him a 5 or 4* right now. If he stays in the 20s or moves up he will be a 5* at NSD as Rivals usually gives out 31-34 5*s per year. They always build up to that number in each class.

I'm sick & tired of people posting these myths & wish I could do this to the inferiority complex this the mind set comes from...

b9cDU.gif

And most of all it doesn't matter what he ends up being ranked anyway because....

f9786038b2c2cd067fd7fcda611e85497cb4c6a5_hq.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3