2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

WORD MAV!!!!!!!!

e4r.gif

NM was what you call a ball player, he had that god given gift that he could’ve succeeded at multiple positions. I just think Malik has the potential in terms of being an electric playmaker like NM was. Probably a poor choice of words on my part.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

And most of all it doesn't matter what he ends up being ranked anyway because....

f9786038b2c2cd067fd7fcda611e85497cb4c6a5_hq.gif

He is a camp circuit freak. I expect him to be in the top 10 on all sites by the end of the summer. Bo will keep moving up as well. he shreds all these 7 on 7 events like fields did last summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

NM was what you call a ball player, he had that god given gift that he could’ve succeeded at multiple positions. I just think Malik has the potential in terms of being an electric playmaker like NM was. Probably a poor choice of words on my part.

ROGER THAT!

rg.gif

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is why you’re in my 5. Lol

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /swoon

caddy.gif

• Love 2

4 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hurts was a true freshman and went to the NC game.  Yeah, they didn't win but that wasn't because of him.

With that being said, I do agree with what you are saying and I hope Bo is not required to start as a FR

This made me curious about Stan White so I looked it up. His freshman year was actually his second best season with the senior season being the best. His TD/INT ratio was really bad his sophmore and junior year. But so was the team so...

• Like 2

Let's not forget that we got Nick after he'd started a full year at juco and we still haven't seen Willis really be allowed to do anything. Hard to imagine that he's another NM, but he could also be better in other ways.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wrong on 2 accounts. 1. Rivals didn't drop him after he committed to AU. Their last rankings update was February 20th. A full month before recruiting reporters had any inkling Pappoe was trending to AU. 2. He did not drop from #6 to #25. The 6 is how many spots he moved down...from 15 to 21. Not sure where you got #25 from at all...Link

Bottom line is it doesn't matter if Rivals has him a 5 or 4* right now. If he stays in the 20s or moves up he will be a 5* at NSD as Rivals usually gives out 31-34 5*s per year. They always build up to that number in each class.

I'm sick & tired of people posting these Auburn rankings drops myths & wish I could do this to the inferiority complex this the mind set comes from...

b9cDU.gif

Image result for daniel bryan gif

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Elite 11 Finals: Day One Top 11 Performers

No. 8- Bo Nix, Pinson Valley (Ala.). Committed to Auburn - Nix struggled a bit in the roll out drills but looked smooth and efficient the rest of the day. The Auburn commit is another kid who has a pure stroke, very solid mechanically and an effortless release. He has enough arm strength to get the ball down the field but is at his best making the high percentage throws with timing and anticipation.

• Thanks 2

Just now, MCPeePants said:

Funny.  I read just a report or two and said he was "meh."

Another reason to tell al.com to take a hike.  Show out, Bo!

al.com really has a guy covering the event? Link?

From a 247 reporter covering the event.

Today is pro day throws. The QBs have to do a quick read & react passes to throw a pro passing tree.

Bo Nix had some wow throws. Really like him, has all the tools and mind to excel in college. Wasn’t perfect, missed a few throws but kid is unflappable.

• Like 1

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/06/elite_11_qb_competition_featur.html#incart_river_index

The actual report I was thinking of was someone there.  Said Bo had a little struggle with the rollout portion, but was pretty great otherwise.

Guess I was falling for their blinders.  Tua Tua Tua.  No real Bo comments from al.com.

4 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Said Bo had a little struggle with the rollout portion, but was pretty great otherwise.

Yeah. It's posted here on the bottom of the previous page. That guy had Bo #8 out of 24 kids after day 1 yesterday which ain't bad.

51 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/06/elite_11_qb_competition_featur.html#incart_river_index

The actual report I was thinking of was someone there.  Said Bo had a little struggle with the rollout portion, but was pretty great otherwise.

Guess I was falling for their blinders.  Tua Tua Tua.  No real Bo comments from al.com.

You should see the Bama fans on Tyson and Taulia on their forum, neither in the top 11 though. Hope Bo keeps showing them the meaning of the word elite

• Like 1

I am so ready for this kid to make it to campus. I need to go to a game or two this year. It would be a quick trip up the road from Trussvegas. 

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

I am so ready for this kid to make it to campus. I need to go to a game or two this year. It would be a quick trip up the road from Trussvegas. 

I miss my home in Trussvegas...MUSH!  But I really have fallen in love with the ATL!

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Genuine question, is Bo like Stidham? 

In terms of physical skill set, I would put them in the same category. 

In terms of the many mental aspects of the position, they might be noticably different. I say that with optimism.

It will be tough to compare, though. Nix might not start until 2021 and who knows what our team and staff will look like by then. 

But in terms of mobility and throwing the ball, I put them in the same class. Others might have more to say on that.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

In terms of physical skill set, I would put them in the same category. 

In terms of the many mental aspects of the position, they might be noticably different. I say that with optimism.

It will be tough to compare, though. Nix might not start until 2021 and who knows what our team and staff will look like by then. 

But in terms of mobility and throwing the ball, I put them in the same class. Others might have more to say on that.

Yep...think we are learning to avoid making too many projections or predictions for these kinds of  HS QBs until they face the speed of college defenses.

If he and Stidham are our QBs of the future we will be testing the theory that Gus needs a true DT quarterback to be successful because neither of them would seem to fit that definition........but of course,  there is Joey hanging around out there..... still classed as a QB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Genuine question, is Bo like Stidham? 

Very. Both mobile QBs who threw a pro passing tree well.  Both who Really good but not elite arm strength. Both mobile  but neither is one you’ll ruin a true option offense with them being a focal point running the ball. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

there is Joey hanging around out there..... still classed as a QB

Malik ain’t going down without a fight either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep...think we are learning to avoid making too many projections or predictions for these kinds of  HS QBs until they face the speed of college defenses.

If he and Stidham are our QBs of the future we will be testing the theory that Gus needs a true DT quarterback to be successful because neither of them would seem to fit that definition........but of course,  there is Joey hanging around out there..... still classed as a QB. 

And a high chance that Malik Willis is our starter next year.

I used to argue against those who said that Gus needs a DT QB bc they were basing that off limited and incomplete data. And I still think that Gus can, with the right OC, field an offense that is consistently *competent* for an entire season- *very good* offenses have days where they don't look *successful*, but they never look as *woefully and embarrassingly inept* as ours has several times the last few seasons- with a sufficiently-mobile-but-not-quite-dual-threat QB. #holyrunonsentencebatman

• Like 2