2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Hey, we won something in the Benz!

This is the kind of post that makes AU fans laugh uncontrollably and cry at the same time!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the kind of post that makes AU fans laugh uncontrollably and cry at the same time!

Pretty much the story of our entire existence. War Damn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

SO true. This sums up Auburn athletics and football in particular................. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well heck.... I can throw an incomplete pass.  Pshaw!

?

How much difference will something like this make for his rankings? 5* maybe!!!

He is an elite prospect. Coming out of HS he is the best QB we have signed since... well since I can remember. He has great balance, footwork, accuracy, and he can move around the pocket. He also has good arm strength. Add to that he has proven he can win (and did win the state title this past year).

Many times in the past it seemed like we would recruit a QB that was a dual threat stud but the stats in HS were not great and the W/L % in HS were not great. I know that HS stats do not mean anything when you get to college, but being able to show that you can guide your team to a win is quality that I want. It is awesome to have a player that has the qualities of a stud QB who actually wins in HS and dominates the camps. 

21 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He is an elite prospect. Coming out of HS he is the best QB we have signed since... well since I can remember. He has great balance, footwork, accuracy, and he can move around the pocket. He also has good arm strength. Add to that he has proven he can win (and did win the state title this past year).

Many times in the past it seemed like we would recruit a QB that was a dual threat stud but the stats in HS were not great and the W/L % in HS were not great. I know that HS stats do not mean anything when you get to college, but being able to show that you can guide your team to a win is quality that I want. It is awesome to have a player that has the qualities of a stud QB who actually wins in HS and dominates the camps. 

He certainly seems to thrive under the bright lights. Agree, very big quality. We can all just silently name to ourselves past Auburn quarterbacks about whom this wasn't true.

• Sad 1

Bo has great mechanics.  Gets great spin on the ball and has a much stronger arm then you could imagine.  But the greatest quality I have seen is his competitiveness.  When competing he wants to win.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hey, we won something in the Benz!

Gotta laugh to keep from crying

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

giphy (24).gif

• Haha 3

Bo is getting that 5 star dagnabbit     link

* At the quarterback position, Wisconsin commitment Graham Mertz and Auburn commitment Bo Nix were head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the group early in the day. If I had to give one the edge, it would be Nix who has a little more velocity on his ball.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, toddc said:

Click on his profile in this post and see why cb’s are a sometimes bad indicator! Still showing Georgia with the lead!lol I think it’s e that talks about how out of date they can be.

I think that's how it was before he committed and they just haven't changed it.

I cannot wait to see this young man roam the field of JHS and be a part of the meanest toughest defense in the SEC.

46 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

2 hours ago, toddc said:

How much difference will something like this make for his rankings? 5* maybe!!!

It likely won't. They just rerated him & they don't see any QB in this class w/ the size & arm strength to be a 5*. They have seen him at plenty of camps this Spring & Summer.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Coming out of HS he is the best QB we have signed since...

Jason Campbell

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

That was my point, I guess!

* The offensive line group was up and down during one-on-ones but a few that stood out included 

, a Florida State commitment, and 

. Both are interior guys, very physical and showed off excellent footwork. 

was also impressive as was 2020 

. Five-stars 

and 

were up and down, especially Webb as he lost more reps than we’re used to seeing.

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

He is an elite prospect. Coming out of HS he is the best QB we have signed since... well since I can remember.

I can help you out here. Pat Sullivan was very similar. Both are polished, have fully adequate physical ability and possess great leadership qualities. Jayson Campbell had as much or more raw physical ability but he needed some time to polish up and put it all together. I can't think of another AU QB prospect that compares to those three.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I can help you out here. Pat Sullivan was very similar. Both are polished, have fully adequate physical ability and possess great leadership qualities. Jayson Campbell had as much or more raw physical ability but he needed some time to polish up and put it all together. I can't think of another AU QB prospect that compares to those three.

What was the word on D Craig coming out of high school? Because for me he is our second best QB ever.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

What was the word on D Craig coming out of high school? Because for me he is our second best QB ever.

DC was a very much anticipated player coming in.

Also, I don't remember how much pub he had coming in but Stan White was a 4 year starter throwing for over 2200 yds his freshman year.....in a Pat Dye offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1