2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

28 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Revolutions per minute?

Basically the velocity he can throw his passes with.

Can make any throw on the field and isn’t even a senior in high school yet.  He can easily gain more size in his lower body and that will increase all strength measures for throwing a football.  His mechanics are very good and being a coach’s son probably already understand defenses.  

The greatest asset I look for is when it’s late in the game will my QB stand in the pocket on 3rd down and 12 facing a blitz step up into tgthe pocket and deliver a strike to the WR while a  blitzing linebacker smacks him in his chops.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

No, you're thinking of ELP.

Didn’t know anyone listened to elp! I love some of their stuff. I thought he was talking about rem though!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Thought that was a band

They were also known as the Rockin' Paleo-Musicians...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

They were also known as the Rockin' Paleo-Musicians...

hqdefault.jpg

So both bands probably appeal to Golf, then. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, toddc said:

Didn’t know anyone listened to elp! I love some of their stuff. I thought he was talking about rem though!

I'm pretty sure he was.  I was just playing.  Other thoughts were ELO, BTO, REO Speedwagon, and OMD (if you're into 80s New Wave stuff),

Edited by triangletiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

No, you're thinking of ELP.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

God both of you are numnuts..............................I knew it wasn't a band as for ELP I've seen them in concert a few times and REM the wife loves them. You guys need to go to the music thread in general topics and I'll teach you a few things. 

By the way I love ELP

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

God both of you are numnuts..............................I knew it wasn't a band as for ELP I've seen them in concert a few times and REM the wife loves them. You guys need to go to the music thread in general topics and I'll teach you a few things. 

By the way I love ELP

What a “Lucky Man “ he was!!! My favorite elp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

I'm pretty sure he was.  I was just playing.  Other thoughts were ELO, BTO, REO Speedwagon, and OMD (if you're into 80s New Wave stuff),

Nothing wrong with New Wave

53 minutes ago, toddc said:

What a “Lucky Man “ he was!!! My favorite elp.

Great song yhey have to many for me to pick out one. Plus they give a fantastic concert

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

By the way I love ELP

REM with Radiohead as their opener one of the best concerts I’ve ever attended. So, high-five to Mrs. Golf...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fredst said:

REM with Radiohead as their opener one of the best concerts I’ve ever attended. So, high-five to Mrs. Golf...

REM lead singer has perfect teeth...........................my wife is in the dental field long story

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:
1 hour ago, fredst said:

REM lead singer has perfect teeth...........................my wife is in the dental field long story

My soph year in HS, my girlfriend at the time... Her brother was friends with one of the guys and took us to watch them practice in that old shack made famous in their videos.  This was right about the time they took off with "The End of the World".  

They weren't really big yet. Still down to earth...

Edited by AUsince72
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

My soph year in HS, my girlfriend at the time... Her brother was friends with one of the guys and took us to watch them practice in that old shack made famous in their videos.  This was right about the time they took off with "The End of the World".  

I discovered them my freshmen year at AU with the song “Radio Free Europe” and the album “Murmur”. That was back when Michael Stipe mumbled the lyrics unintelligibly but who cared, lol? Didn’t stop me from getting every album they put out...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I discovered them my freshmen year at AU with the song “Radio Free Europe” and the album “Murmur”. That was back when Michael Stipe mumbled the lyrics unintelligibly but who cared, lol? Didn’t stop me from getting every album they put out...

First time I heard them was also “Radio Free Europe “ when I was a freshman at Auburn in 1981. I think ‘ could have been 82, it’s all such a blur now!

Edited by toddc

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Whoa. That's a pretty awesome story. Especially since you evidently grew up in/near Athens but didn't end up humping legs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2018 at 8:26 AM, McLoofus said:

Whoa. That's a pretty awesome story. Especially since you evidently grew up in/near Athens but didn't end up humping legs. 

Yeah, one of my few brushes with "greatness".  Stipe was actually still sorta normal at that time.  Definitely artsy but spoke to me more like a regular guy.....even knowing I was just a dumbass HS kid.  The other 3 we're all just regular guys really.  I always liked them from that experience.

Lawrenceville is only 30-ish miles from Athens so I spent a fair amount of time in or near there.  Played both of the major (at the time) high schools in football & baseball, Clarke Central & Cedar Shoals for 3 years.  All the while catching hell for being an Auburn guy.  And mean spirited crap too... I suspect being an Auburn fan so close to Athens is why I hate them so bad.

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, one of my few brushes with "greatness".  Stipe was actually still sorta normal at that time.  Definitely artsy but spoke to me more like a regular guy.....even knowing I was just a dumbass HS kid.  The other 3 we're all just regular guys really.  I always liked them from that experience.

Yeah, Lawrenceville is only 30-ish miles from Athens so I spent a fair amount of time in or near there.  Played both of the major (at the time) high schools in football & baseball, Clarke Central & Cedar Shoals for 3 years.  All the while catching hell for being an Auburn guy.  And mean spirited crap too... I suspect being an Auburn fan so close to Athens is why I hate them so bad.

I can't even imagine. As I'm sure I've said too many times already, just spending most of my 30s in Atlanta made me hate them enough. 

So crazy how even the smallest brushes with celebrity can really influence your opinion on someone. I've always kind of pictured those guys being exactly how you describe so it's good to hear that confirmed. 

I always hated taking girlfriends around dudes with guitars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I can't even imagine. As I'm sure I've said too many times already, just spending most of my 30s in Atlanta made me hate them enough. 

So crazy how even the smallest brushes with celebrity can really influence your opinion on someone. I've always kind of pictured those guys being exactly how you describe so it's good to hear that confirmed. 

I always hated taking girlfriends around dudes with guitars.

It really is the "book by the cover" thing.  Now, granted I do think Stipe got all political and odd as they grew internationally famous but I suspect the other guys didn't change much.  The really just seemed to wanna do music...not change the world.

I agree on the GF thing.  Course, in this case, she already knew them so it was whether I was around or not LOL.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

It really is the "book by the cover" thing.  Now, granted I do think Stipe got all political and odd as they grew internationally famous but I suspect the other guys didn't change much.  The really just seemed to wanna do music...not change the world.

I agree on the GF thing.  Course, in this case, she already knew them so it was whether I was around or not LOL.  

I know Mills and Buck, at least, still just randomly show up places in Atlanta and Athens all the time. 

Pffft. Lead singers and their feeeeelings.  ;D

• Haha 1

Nix has a very high football IQ for his age.  His ability to process information is what separates him from the pack.  Pat has clearly showed him how to use the film room to his advantage.  If he continues to develop in this area we will have a 4 year starter.  Gatewood could get there but his high schooling has put him at a disadvantage missing so many reps.  Malik is a wild card as well.  Both are behind when it comes to reading defenses and decision making.  Some of that is made up for by their playmaking ability.

• Like 3