Null

bigsixfive

2019 4* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

23 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

I might be wrong (I usually am), but I thought the recruiting guys were saying that there were no big time QBs in this class? 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought about that, but I noticed that the author said passers and not quarterbacks. May or may not be intentional. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

• Haha 1

Something interesting I just found from last week.

A glimpse behind the scenes at the #RivalsChallenge

Woody Wommack

Nix and Bailey override coach 

Coaching 7-on-7 is much different than coaching a traditional football game, and former NFL MVP Priest Holmes found that out after his team went 1-2 during pool play action on Thursday. Rather than panic, the team’s quarterbacks, Auburn commit Bo Nix and 2020 Rivals100 prospect Harrison Bailey, put their heads together and told Holmes they should take over the offensive play-calling.

Nix spent the spring playing for Cam Newton’s 7-on-7 team, while Bailey has been a fixture on Atlanta-area team Hustle Inc. since he was in the eighth grade. The two clearly picked up plenty of tricks along the way, and while sharing co-offensive coordinator duties, they led their team to an undefeated record and the event’s championship.

The showing was just part of an all-around excellent day for Nix, who won the quarterback competition, the quarterback MVP award and the team championship.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Auburn commit Bo Nix now ranked as top-100 national prospect

By Josh Bean

Pinson Valley quarterback and Auburn commit Bo Nix just keeps moves up the national recruiting rankings.

Nix won the the Quarterback Skills Challenge at the Rivals 5-Star Challenge in Atlanta in late June and led his 7on7 team to a runner-up finish at The Opening 2018 recruiting showcase in Frisco, Texas in early July.

This week, 247sports released its updated national recruiting rankings, and Nix was one of the biggest risers -- going from No. 177 to No. 98. He's now considered the nation's top-ranked dual-threat quarterback and No. 2 overall quarterback, according to 247sports.

By contrast, Alabama commit and Thompson quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa moved down in 247sports' updated national rankings, falling to No. 202 nationally.

The son of former Auburn quarterback and current Pinson Valley head coach Patrick Nix, Bo Nix's rise in the recruiting rankings is a continuation of his stellar junior season.

In 2017, Nix completed 196-of-307 passes for 2,872 yards, 35 touchdowns and just four interceptions in 2017, leading Pinson Valley to a 15-0 record and its first Class 6A state championship last season despite missing several games with a leg injury. He was also named Class 6A first-team All-State and earned AL.com's All-Birmingham Player of the Yea r award.

He told AL.com earlier this summer that he used the injury as a learning experience.

"I learned I have two good sides and if one's not there, I can do the other one fairly well," he said. "I also learned running around and moving around and how important that is to have. To be able to run and to throw, it's almost deadly if you can do them both at the same time and do it really well. Defenses can have a hard time covering the pass or covering the run and it can create a vacancy in their defense. When you find that, you can really expose them."

At The Opening, 247sports analysts tracked every throw by Nix and found he completed 113-of-157 passes for 21 touchdowns and five interceptions. He hooked up with Hoover receiver and fellow Auburn commit George Pickens for nine touchdowns.

Nix and Pinson Valley open the 2018 season against two-time defending Class 7A champ Hoover, which will be televised by ESPN.

Edited by ellitor
Added link & took non article parts out

Isn't BN the highest rated QB ever to commit to AU at least with current ratings system. I think I saw that Bo's composite was a good bit higher than Cam's and Stidham's and slighter better than Frazier's.  Of course it's hard to compare with QB's from a different generation.

15 minutes ago, autan said:

Isn't BN the highest rated QB ever to commit to AU at least with current ratings system. I think I saw that Bo's composite was a good bit higher than Cam's and Stidham's and slighter better than Frazier's.  Of course it's hard to compare with QB's from a different generation.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jarrett-Stidham-30678/high-school-50029 Stiddy was a 5 star on 247 and the 38th ranked player overall in the composite. Bo is at 45 right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, autan said:

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Jarrett-Stidham-30678/high-school-50029 Stiddy was a 5 star on 247 and the 38th ranked player overall in the composite. Bo is at 45 right now.

With due respect both are incorrect...

The correct answer is.... Jason Campbell

Also this Stidham rating has to be used instead of his HS rating since it's when he committed to AU.

Like E,  I was using JC transfer rating for Stidham since that was his rating when he committed and signed with AU.  However I had forgotten about Jason.  Once again E  was correct.