bigsixfive

2019 4* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So when Bo signs in 2018 it won’t be until 2020 till Gus can hire Pat as a analyst or position coach (like special teams nothing big)?

Bo is in 2019 so Pat couldn't be hired as an analyst til 2021. That rule doesn't apply to on field position coaches like special teams coach though if they are apart of the core 10. They can be hired at any point. It doesn't really matter though. As of now, Pat has no desire to coach college ball again. He likes high school ball a lot.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Isn't Bo signing in Dec. 2018?  I suppose you're referring to 2019 class.  I would expect Patrick to coach HS until second son is  graduated before testing college waters again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, autan said:

Isn't Bo signing in Dec. 2018?  I suppose you're referring to 2019 class.  I would expect Patrick to coach HS until second son is  graduated before testing college waters again.

He's not wanting to test college waters again. That's my point. Things can change but that's where his mind is right now.

Signing December 2018 doesn't matter. The clock starts when students initially enroll. Bo will enroll January 2019. The soonest AU could hire Pat for a support position if he changes his mind is January 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

8th grade & too soon to say that.

I've heard his name for a few 7A jobs for next year. They are all in Central Alabama though. That's the 1st time I've heard Florence.

I wish he would come south to Mobile and coach MGM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, alexava said:

I haven't followed this whole thread or Bo's career in depth. But i heard today that he has a younger brother who might be just as good. Not sure his grade/age. Also heard (grain of salt warning) Patrick will finish this season at Pinson then be HC at Florence High next year.

Florence damn are you sure can't imagine him going there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Florence damn are you sure can't imagine him going there

It's not that bad. Jamey Dubose went there from Prattville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Florence damn are you sure can't imagine him going there

Florence is a great place to live.

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Florence is a great place to live.

giphy.gif

 

Totally agree about living there I stay at the Residence Inn in Florence when I visit friends in Russellville... but not what I would call a football power within the state. Good players just not a state power. I actually hope he goes there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree about living there I stay at the Residence Inn in Florence when I visit friends in Russellville... but not what I would call a football power within the state. Good players just not a state power. I actually hope he goes there

Definitely don’t have the best overall talent in tbe Shoals area, but they always have a handful of college caliber athletes. Their program and the facilities are getting better though. I’m hopeful that someone like Nix propels Florence.to the next level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Definitely don’t have the best overall talent in tbe Shoals area, but they always have a handful of college caliber athletes. Their program and the facilities are getting better though. I’m hopeful that someone like Nix propels Florence.to the next level. 

I've always thought Florence could become a power just got to find the right coach that knows how to play the recruiting game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree about living there I stay at the Residence Inn in Florence when I visit friends in Russellville... but not what I would call a football power within the state. Good players just not a state power. I actually hope he goes there

Well there is no 7A football power above theBirmingham region but still they have a pretty good program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well there is no 7A football power above theBirmingham region but still they have a pretty good program.

I know that numnuts so why go there?  Except its a great place to live Patrick wants more than that imo After his youngest gets in college he wants back in the college game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I know that numnuts so why go there?  Except its a great place to live Patrick wants more than that imo After his youngest gets in college he wants back in the college game

I don’t know who’s right but I’ve heard from other connected people he doesn’t want to get back in college game and likes the high school game a lot. If that’s the case then Florence is not a bad place. They are obviously willing to pay to get a good coach since they got Jamey Dubose away from Prattville a few years ago and had to pay to do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know who’s right but I’ve heard from other connected people he doesn’t want to get back in college game and likes the high school game a lot. If that’s the case then Florence is not a bad place. They are obviously willing to pay to get a good coach since they got Jamey Dubose away from Prattville a few years ago and had to pay to do it.

No inside knowledge but I don’t see why he won’t get back to making college money. We talking 5-10 fold more at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, alexava said:

No inside knowledge but I don’t see why he won’t get back to making college money. We talking 5-10 fold more at least. 

Sometimes it's not about money. Barring the vacations they get in July college ball is a 24/7 over 350 days a year job. It's not for everyone.

That being said, he would only make more than being a HS HC if he became 1 of the 10 major on field coaches. College support staffers don't make what a good number of HS HCs make. I'm not sure what Pinson is paying Pat but given the teams I've heard courting him for 2019 $70-90K a year (And I mat be under selling that) seems likely from 1 of those schools. That's double to triple what a college support staffer makes.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sometimes it's not about money. Barring the vacations they get in July college ball is a 24/7 over 350 days a year job. It's not for everyone.

That being said, he would only make more than being a HS HC if he became 1 of the 10 major on field coaches. College support staffers don't make what a good number of HS HCs make. I'm not sure what Pinson is paying Pat but given the teams I've heard courting him for 2019 $70-90K a year (And I mat be under selling that) seems likely from 1 of those schools. That's double to triple what a college support staffer makes.

He was a major d1 oc at two places. He could work his way back on the field and probably at Auburn. 70-90 k is peanuts. The hours are a bitch. 500k makes it less a bitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he stays in HS there are going to be as many as 3 major HS jobs open in the next couple of years in the B'ham area. Could start as soon as next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, alexava said:

He was a major d1 oc at two places. He could work his way back on the field and probably at Auburn.

Given he was fired from his last 2 college jobs it's highly unlikely he would be hired as an on field coach for a college straight from high school. He would probably have to put in 5 years or so as an off field analyst.

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

70-90 k is peanuts....500k

25-30k is even quite a bit less peanuts than 70-90 & as I said it would probably be a long time before he got a 500k opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith Station,. Russell County... Carver, etc... Could all be potential spots pending openings.   I think Pville, Opelika and Central all just filled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Smith Station,. Russell County... Carver, etc... Could all be potential spots pending openings.   I think Pville, Opelika and Central all just filled?

Russell County & Carver are 6A schools. I'm hearing 7A schools in the B'Ham region. Smiths, P'Ville, Opelika, & Central are not in the B'Ham region & yes those last 3 are filled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Smith Station,. Russell County... Carver, etc... Could all be potential spots pending openings.   I think Pville, Opelika and Central all just filled?

Carver - Montgomery or Bham? You know I rep that Gump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Carver - Montgomery or Bham? You know I rep that Gump

Now we see the problem. ;D

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

How much of his success is due to having a very good QB and not so much coaching? just asking.....:dunno:

You can ask that question of just about any coach!  Including the one across the state.

 

Edited by LakeBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

You can ask that question of just about any coach!  Including the one across the state.

 

I was thinking more the one in Foxboro.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now