Null

bigsixfive

2019 4* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know who’s right but I’ve heard from other connected people he doesn’t want to get back in college game and likes the high school game a lot. If that’s the case then Florence is not a bad place. They are obviously willing to pay to get a good coach since they got Jamey Dubose away from Prattville a few years ago and had to pay to do it.

No inside knowledge but I don’t see why he won’t get back to making college money. We talking 5-10 fold more at least. 

21 minutes ago, alexava said:

No inside knowledge but I don’t see why he won’t get back to making college money. We talking 5-10 fold more at least. 

Sometimes it's not about money. Barring the vacations they get in July college ball is a 24/7 over 350 days a year job. It's not for everyone.

That being said, he would only make more than being a HS HC if he became 1 of the 10 major on field coaches. College support staffers don't make what a good number of HS HCs make. I'm not sure what Pinson is paying Pat but given the teams I've heard courting him for 2019 $70-90K a year (And I mat be under selling that) seems likely from 1 of those schools. That's double to triple what a college support staffer makes.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sometimes it's not about money. Barring the vacations they get in July college ball is a 24/7 over 350 days a year job. It's not for everyone.

That being said, he would only make more than being a HS HC if he became 1 of the 10 major on field coaches. College support staffers don't make what a good number of HS HCs make. I'm not sure what Pinson is paying Pat but given the teams I've heard courting him for 2019 $70-90K a year (And I mat be under selling that) seems likely from 1 of those schools. That's double to triple what a college support staffer makes.

He was a major d1 oc at two places. He could work his way back on the field and probably at Auburn. 70-90 k is peanuts. The hours are a bitch. 500k makes it less a bitch. 

If he stays in HS there are going to be as many as 3 major HS jobs open in the next couple of years in the B'ham area. Could start as soon as next year.

21 minutes ago, alexava said:

He was a major d1 oc at two places. He could work his way back on the field and probably at Auburn.

Given he was fired from his last 2 college jobs it's highly unlikely he would be hired as an on field coach for a college straight from high school. He would probably have to put in 5 years or so as an off field analyst.

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

70-90 k is peanuts....500k

25-30k is even quite a bit less peanuts than 70-90 & as I said it would probably be a long time before he got a 500k opportunity.

Smith Station,. Russell County... Carver, etc... Could all be potential spots pending openings.   I think Pville, Opelika and Central all just filled?

10 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Smith Station,. Russell County... Carver, etc... Could all be potential spots pending openings.   I think Pville, Opelika and Central all just filled?

Russell County & Carver are 6A schools. I'm hearing 7A schools in the B'Ham region. Smiths, P'Ville, Opelika, & Central are not in the B'Ham region & yes those last 3 are filled.

56 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Carver - Montgomery or Bham? You know I rep that Gump

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Carver - Montgomery or Bham? You know I rep that Gump

Now we see the problem. ;D

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

How much of his success is due to having a very good QB and not so much coaching? just asking.....:dunno:

You can ask that question of just about any coach!  Including the one across the state.

Edited by LakeBum

11 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

You can ask that question of just about any coach!  Including the one across the state.

I was thinking more the one in Foxboro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

How much of his success is due to having a very good QB and not so much coaching? just asking.....:dunno:

It's a necessary, but not sufficient condition for winning the overwhelming majority of the time.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 5:45 PM, oracle79 said:

It's a necessary, but not sufficient condition for winning the overwhelming majority of the time.

It’s like NASCAR. I’m not going to win a race driving a Prius. However, I’m also not guaranteed a win because I have a slightly faster car. Still have to be capable of driving it.