2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

After watching him play a few times I have been touting this guy as the one of the best we have had committed in the last 30 years, but I actually think he may just be the best HS QB we have ever had period:

Bo is clearly one of the leading candidates, with 3,496 passing yards for 35 touchdowns and just five interceptions and 351 yards rushing and six more scores this season.

His career numbers are astronomical -- he the first AHSAA player with more than 12,000 yards of total offense. He has accounted for 158 touchdowns, 125 passing and 33 rushing, and needs to two more to tie and three to set that AHSAA career record in tonight's game against Saraland.

Read what other coaches say about him: 

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/will-bo-nix-clinch-mr-football-tonight.html

I think he may actually be the starter for Oregon. Not ideal, but he is going to be better than everyone else. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

After watching him play a few times I have been touting this guy as the one of the best we have had committed in the last 30 years, but I actually think he may just be the best HS QB we have ever had period:

Bo is clearly one of the leading candidates, with 3,496 passing yards for 35 touchdowns and just five interceptions and 351 yards rushing and six more scores this season.

His career numbers are astronomical -- he the first AHSAA player with more than 12,000 yards of total offense. He has accounted for 158 touchdowns, 125 passing and 33 rushing, and needs to two more to tie and three to set that AHSAA career record in tonight's game against Saraland.

Read what other coaches say about him: 

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/will-bo-nix-clinch-mr-football-tonight.html

I think he may actually be the starter for Oregon. Not ideal, but he is going to be better than everyone else. 

I lost hope in freshman qbs years ago. He’s bringing it back. Probably desperation but it’s hope. I don’t think any player could rekindle hope for a true freshman o linemen but I’d like to be wrong. 

Auburn fans who still get hopeful for QBs are the most tenacious breed of human being ever and I admire your ability to keep getting back up off the mat. 

We can't even trust a returning starter anymore.

If anyone needs to keep their beer cold, feel free to store it in the cold, empty space where my heart used to be.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Auburn fans who still get hopeful for QBs are the most tenacious breed of human being ever and I admire your ability to keep getting back up off the mat. 

We can't even trust a returning starter anymore.

If anyone needs to keep their beer cold, feel free to store it in the cold, empty space where my heart used to be.

Some us choose to remain positive. Why not?

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, cole256 said:

I don't know anything about his work ethic and all of that, I just see he's been a winner. And I guess that's most recruits that's going on to play D1 but he has a big mountain ahead of him. Hope he can handle it because it's more than he should have to deal with

AU fans are notorious for burdening incoming players with exalted expectations, especially quarterbacks.......JJ and more recently JS....and I worry about Nix too.   His dad has been down that road so that's an advantage and JMO, the first thing young Bo should do is shut down all social media accounts  and disconnect from the internet. 😀

Man, anyone else listening/watching Nix play in the 6A Championship?

Been starting varsity QB since the 8th grade. One thing that stands out to me about Nix: He sprints everywhere on and off the field. Commentator keeps going nuts over the accuracy and types of passes he has been able to hit with ease.

Threw an interception at goal line. Ball was tipped up and Saraland linebacker was there to catch it.

Nix has been lights out. Very excited to have this kid come to AU. His numbers at halftime: 13/16 211 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Edited by AUTiger25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This sucks. I have been waiting all week to watch Bo play and it was reported all games would be on Raycom affiliations but the only game I have been able to watch has been Tua’s brother getting waxed by Central (which was awesome, he looked slow, got rattled, was not accurate). Humm,....why is it the only game I could get is Tua’s brother if all are supposed to be on TV?

Edited by AlaskanFAN

i have not got to see any of the games, and i have watched them online for years...i'm listening to the AHSAA broadcasts of all the games....they have had some very good announcers and play by play guys....the guys in the afternoon games are better than a whole bunch of college tandems that i have heard

12-3 pvhs leads waff2 on WOW cable 133chanel

4:17 in the 3rd

Pvhs 12 shs 10 with 2:40 left in third qtr 

Going to the 4th qtr and PVHS is driving and at the 12 yd line of Saarland HS

Interfering in the end zone 2nd and goal

Edited by toddc

Nix for 6 touchdown pass! Wow- he just broke the scoring record too!

19-10 Pinson ahead 

That last drive was all Bo

PVHs 19 Saarland 17