2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

Bo mvp to me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Please don’t bash Gus here guys! Not every thread is for that.

lost.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, toddc said:

These refs seem lost right now 

There's been no Gus bashing in the thread recently. The only post that referenced him was about the open OC position. With that said, I agree that OC talk should not be done here & remain in the football forum.

This was fun to watch. If we don’t get a veteran transfer I now think bo will be our starter game one. With a competent run game he could be strong. 

What a night that must have been for Bo and Patrick. To win your 2nd straight state championship, and do it on the field you will play the next 4 years. The field that your dad played and had one of the most memorable plays in Auburn’s history. Almost like it was meant to be. War Eagle Bo!!! 

• Like 4

I watched for Bo and wasn’t disappointed. Pat called a good game too as Saarland wasn’t going to let PVHS beat them deep so they just hit the 5-10 routes over and over down the field. #15 for PVHS needs to learn to get up field though, to much going backwards to try and spring himself after the catch. Happy for all my Bammer relatives that live in Pinson.

5 hours ago, jared52 said:

I watched for Bo and wasn’t disappointed. Pat called a good game too as Saarland wasn’t going to let PVHS beat them deep so they just hit the 5-10 routes over and over down the field. #15 for PVHS needs to learn to get up field though, to much going backwards to try and spring himself after the catch. Happy for all my Bammer relatives that live in Pinson.

Nearly all their receivers went backwards a lot. This was probably one of the best defenses they faced of the season that just exposed that and made it look like a bad habit. I didn't see the final stats but they didn't seem to have a strong run game either. I saw enough to think Bo is the real deal. If we don't get a Grad Transfer i think he'll be our guy. I think his field vision and instincts are better than JS on day one. He will take his lumps as most freshman do but i think he has the toughness and the DNA to overcome it. We need the Oline to improve a lot. And most of all we need the fan base to be positive as he makes his mistakes. If the line continues to improve and the run game gets on track Bo would be a perfect compliment to it. He is not scared to let it fly.

Let me also add that Bo and Pat love Auburn more that any asshoe on this board and it aint even close.

Edited by alexava
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Bo and Pat were Interviewed on the field after the championship game last night game by one of the Birmingham stations.  Unless Pat was barefoot, Bo was about  two inches taller than Pat. I do not recall Pat being undersized at all.

6 minutes ago, AdamsHouseCat said:

Bo and Pat were Interviewed on the field after the championship game last night game by one of the Birmingham stations.  Unless Pat was barefoot, Bo was about  two inches taller than Pat. I do not recall Pat being undersized at all.

Bo is listed at 6'2" 207 lb

7 minutes ago, AdamsHouseCat said:

Pat is about  6'0. That's considered undersized FWIW.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Pat is about  6'0. That's considered undersized FWIW.

Nowadays back than it was not that odd to see 6' QB's all the players are bigger now. I can remember when 275 pound linemen were considered big and 300 were considered huge.

My BIL is part of the sports marketing company that puts on the state playoffs and was in AU all week. Was super impressed with Bo and thought he was every bit of 6’-3”. Said he was physically impressive and made legit SEC level throws.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We got one of those a few years ago. He would throw yet another interception then laugh and clown around on the sidelines. Worst AU QB I’ve ever seen, bar none. I’m excited about Bo, but I’ll never give this award any credit ever again. 

4 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

We got one of those a few years ago. He would throw yet another interception then laugh and clown around on the sidelines. Worst AU QB I’ve ever seen, bar none. I’m excited about Bo, but I’ll never give this award any credit ever again. 

Its a popularity contest.     I dont think Kiehl Frazier is anywhere comparable to Bo Nix 

• ellitor changed the title to ***Vote Bo Nix USA Today Offensive Player of the Year***
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
13 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

To go along with what @auskip07 said, Fraizer was made to look worse because he had played in one offense his entire career, which was Gus' offense, and was thrust into a pro style offense. Spread players don't do so well in pro style sets. Likewise, pro style players don't fare so well in spread schemes. Look at Nebraska this season. That's a team recruited for a pro style offense since Osborn left. They hired a spread coach this year and had the worst season in their programs history. Very similar to Auburn recruiting for the spread since 06/07 or so and changing to a pro style in 2012. All that happened was one of the worst seasons we have ever had. 

In all honesty I think that would of never happened had Gus not left, or had Chizik actually used his head and hired a spread OC after Gus left. 

But don't worry. Bo is in a distant 3rd place. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, auskip07 said:

Its a popularity contest.     I dont think Kiehl Frazier is anywhere comparable to Bo Nix 

What award isn’t a popularity contest?  It states on the site. ‘Poll results will not be a factor in final selection.’   

This is for high school achievement, not who has the best college football potential.

Be happy for the kids.

Congratulations Bo!! It is quite an achievement to be singled out as a candidate over the thousands of guys that play high school football!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Elite 11?   should i mention more? 

FMPOV,  popularity being defined as the favor of a particular group of people, in this case the judges.   The winner is the most popular amongst the judges (whoever they might be) - like the Heisman, Academy Awards, Coach of the Year, MVP etc - Typically when there are judges involved,  they are subjectively selecting a winner.    As opposed to being an objective measure,  such as the fastest person in the 100 M at a track meet,  which would not be a popularity award.  

I don't know how Elite 11 is named, it may be objective or subjective.

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

I don't know how Elite 11 is named, it may be objective or subjective.

It tries to be objective based on performance. If it was on popularity Sean White would not have won it.

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 12/9/2018 at 7:49 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Nowadays back than it was not that odd to see 6' QB's all the players are bigger now. I can remember when 275 pound linemen were considered big and 300 were considered huge.

There's one of those small guys playing today in the NFC Championship game that's a sure fire hall of famer.  It ain't always the measurables that count.

I predict that Nix will start next year. Number 2 will be Gatewood. Everyone else may transfer. Drop the mic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Would think Pickens knows this too. 

He does. That's why AU is in a good spot with Pickens.

• Like 3