2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

19 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

On B1 of the Birmingham News (Sports) It reads LEAVING THE FLOCK?
It turs out that Paul Bryant's great grandson is strongly considering Clemson and Notre Dame. Paul Tyson, a 6'4 pro style QB from Hewitt-Trussville might head out of state to play his college ball.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, lkeel75 said:

link

Really wish Bo would have called them Alabama university.We do not need to let this kid get away from us,would be nice to get a legacy and him be really good.

• Like 1

Long way to go, I have a good feeling if CCL shows what he can do with the QB position , this kid will be ours.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Long way to go, I have a good feeling if CCL shows what he can do with the QB position , this kid will be ours.

He will be ours as long as there is not a total staff melt down.

• Like 3

Getting Bo would make up for the Evans fiasco and then some. This kid is going to be a top 10 overall prospect by the time his senior season rolls around imo.

• Like 4

Update from SECCountry

BURFORD, Ga. — As Auburn searches for its quarterback in the 2019 recruiting class, there’s an obvious starting point: Bo Nix.

A 6-foot-2, 195-pound quarterback who will play at Pinson Valley this fall, Nix was on Auburn’s radar well before the Tigers offered him last June. Nix grew up an Auburn fan because, well, he was raised in an Auburn-only household. His father, Patrick, played quarterback at Auburn when Terry Bowden, Tommy Bowden and Jimbo Fisher were all on staff together. He finished his Auburn career as the program’s most efficient passer.

Now it’s Bo’s turn.

Nix’s Auburn upbringing causes him to wish Auburn well on Saturdays, but since his recruiting process hit, it’s forced him to take a different approach to his fandom.

“I’m an Auburn fan. I like when they win because my whole family are Auburn people. That’s how I was born and raised. But it’s definitely not going to play a factor in my college decision,” Nix told SEC Country. “It might play a little bit because I grew up being an Auburn fan. But, at the end of the day, it’s all going to come down to my decision of where I want to go. He has nothing really to do with it. He just wants me to go and be comfortable wherever I want to go.”

Right now, Nix feels pretty comfortable everywhere because, quite honestly, everyone wants him.

Auburn and others want Nix

Despite just finishing his sophomore season, Nix is one of the most sought-after quarterback prospects in the nation. In the past month, Nix added offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia and most recently LSU.

Everyone is a contender right now.

CSC_0541_gb0ahv.jpg
Auburn QB target Bo Nix (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

“I’m just laid back right now, just looking at all the options and seeing which coaching staff, which campus, all those kinds of things, just seeing what I like and what I don’t like. Then I’m going from there,” Nix said. “All the major teams that have offered me are all up there because of how good they are because of the product of the type of player you’ll be when you leave and the type of college it is itself.”

Not laid-back, however, are the college coaches chasing Nix.

He hears from most of them on a daily or every-other-day basis. The attention revved up recently, as Nix is coming off standout sophomore season at Scottsboro High in Alabama. Nix finished his 10th-grade year with 1,737 yards passing with 16 touchdowns and 1,300 yards rushing with 20 touchdowns. That’s dual-threat production at its finest.

Nix stands out

Before composite rankings come out, 247Sports has Nix listed as the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the nation in 2019. Nix’s stock will only continue to rise. Last weekend, at the Nike Opening regional in Atlanta, he became the first underclassman to be named quarterback MVP of an Opening regional, beating out prospects like Ohio State commit Emory Jones.

“I was surprised a little bit, but when he said first underclassman, that’s what I work for, so I guess I wasn’t really too shocked about it,” Nix said. “I actually didn’t even know they had MVP for the lower class, so I was just out here being myself and doing my thing, and it somehow paid off … I had some good receivers to go to, so that always helps.”

Nix doesn’t plan on making a decision anytime soon.

He’s eating up the recruiting process, but not in the look-at-me way. Nix enjoys taking college visits, especially for practices, to all the programs he’s interested in, so he can see how different coaches and quarterbacks operate at the next level. He absorbs every detail he can.

For that reason alone, Nix wants to take a casual approach to his recruitment in order to find the coaches he connects with most.

DSC_0228-2_kmt19p.jpg
Auburn 2019 quarterback target Bo Nix (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

“I enjoy going to watch practice and watch other teams and watch other quarterbacks. I learn a lot from those things. Visiting all these college, I keep learning,” Nix said. “Definitely the coaching staff, what kind of coaches I’m going to be around, how they’re going to train me, how they’re going to make me better and the kind of person I’m going to be when I leave that campus. That’s how I’ll decide.”

Auburn hopes the strongest connection is with Chip Lindsey and Tim Horton — the two Auburn coaches recruiting him.

Nix said he already likes the vibe he’s gotten from those two, and he expects that bond to build more as time progresses. He also respects the fact those two coaches, in particular, haven’t made him feel pressure to end up at Auburn simply because he’s a legacy. Lindsey and Horton have made it clear they want him at Auburn, but they want him to be patient to make the best personal choice.

Tigers on top

All of that said, Auburn is still perceived as a clear favorite for Nix. There are nine Crystal Ball selections for Nix right now, and 100 percent of them favor Auburn.

It’s not a guarantee, by any means, but the Tigers are sitting pretty.

“Auburn has always been a choice, and I’m sure they’re going to be a choice until the end,” Nix said, “but I’ve got to look at all the other places because another college out there might fit me better.”

• Like 1

The write up on Bryant's great grandson was early this week in the B'ham News in the sports part. I don't have a link.

There's a good write up in todays B'ham sport on Bo Nix.

Edited by auburn4ever

22 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The write up on Bryant's great grandson was early this week in the B'ham News in the sports part. I don't have a link.

There's a good write up in todays B'ham sport on Bo Nix.

Point was there is a thread on  Bryant's grandson in the Rivals section. That's where the other post should have been made.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:30 PM, Barnacle said:

I'm definitely going to go watch him play this fall. Always fun when a big recruit is playing close to me. 

Talent-wse does Bo play against good talent?

11 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

It's ok He has won QB MVP awards at 2 straight camps though the past 2 weeks against rising seniors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Someone may disagree, but my opinion is that the competition against Scottsborro is nothing compared to what he will see at Pinson Valley.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

Someone may disagree, but my opinion is that the competition against Scottsborro is nothing compared to what he will see at Pinson Valley.

I thought he went to Fort Payne before Pinson?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Regardless I think Pinson Valley comp is ok even though it's better than Scotts.

I hadn't looked at PV schedule until now.  I would agree probably about same level of competition as Scottsborro.  A couple of perennial good teams but no power houses that I was thinking.

4 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I hadn't looked at PV schedule until now.  I would agree probably about same level of competition as Scottsborro.  A couple of perennial good teams but no power houses that I was thinking.

From 5 A to 6 A is usually a step up in competition in a region.

I hope Bo has another 2 inches or so of growing to do. It would be great if he could get to 6'3" or 6'4". 

As long as we don't have a major shakeup in coaching, I think Bo is as good as ours. Already like what I've seen of his highlights and he should only get better before coming to Auburn (and hopefully continues getting better while here! lol).

Nix has 2 options, period. Auburn University or The University of Auburn. With him, it looks like Auburn University leads....mostly because his dad went there.

• Like 2

I hope Gus will let the new OC open things up and develop a legitimate passing game this fall. I'm all AU but based on the last 2 seasons if I had a son with big-time talent at WR or QB I would encourage him to look elsewhere. Loyalty only goes so far when you're considering what's best for your future. It would be hard to watch someone like FSU or Clemson offensively compared to what we've seen here and tell a QB or WR their best bet is to come play for Gus. Hopefully that changes this fall.

11 hours ago, CR said:

I hope Gus will let the new OC open things up and develop a legitimate passing game this fall. I'm all AU but based on the last 2 seasons if I had a son with big-time talent at WR or QB I would encourage him to look elsewhere. Loyalty only goes so far when you're considering what's best for your future. It would be hard to watch someone like FSU or Clemson offensively compared to what we've seen here and tell a QB or WR their best bet is to come play for Gus. Hopefully that changes this fall.

The offense has looked pretty good during those games in which Sean White was healthy. No offense, regardless of who the coach is, looks good without a healthy, capable QB.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...