2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Whose right? 

Lmbo! Think he posted in the wrong thread again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so perfect scenario:

We get JF. He is everything we hoped. He's gone to the NFL in 3 years or 4 if he wants to pull a Peyton Manning. 

We get Bo. He redshirts his first year. He would still have 2/3 years to be the BMOC at AU.   AND those first 2/3 years will be learning behind a freaking legend!  I see no problem for Bo to sign the year after Fields.  JMBO. (Just My Biased Opinion ?)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Ok, so perfect scenario:

We get JF. He is everything we hoped. He's gone to the NFL in 3 years or 4 if he wants to pull a Peyton Manning. 

We get Bo. He redshirts his first year. He would still have 2/3 years to be the BMOC at AU.   AND those first 2/3 years will be learning behind a freaking legend!  I see no problem for Bo to sign the year after Fields.  JMBO. (Just My Biased Opinion ?)

BMOC?

IMO there's a chance that our QB in 2019 or 2020 will be someone who hasn't even been mentioned on this forum. I'll be surprised if we actually get all these guys in succession (Willis/Fields&Gatewood/Nix) and they earn the starting job in order they signed. We had UGA/Baylor/UF castoffs come save us in the recent past (hopefully save us in JS's case), so I'm bracing myself for things to not go as smoothly as some are thinking it may.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

IMO there's a chance that our QB in 2019 or 2020 will be someone who hasn't even been mentioned on this forum. I'll be surprised if we actually get all these guys in succession (Willis/Fields&Gatewood/Nix) and they earn the starting job in order they signed. We had UGA/Baylor/UF castoffs come save us in the recent past (hopefully save us in JS's case), so I'm bracing myself for things to not go as smoothly as some are thinking it may.

I won't be surprised at all if AU got Fields and Nix. Still have a legit chance to hold onto Gatewood. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I won't be surprised at all if AU got Fields and Nix. Still have a legit chance to hold onto Gatewood. 

I hope that happens. Just pointing out we have made ourselves look silly in the past trying to project QB depth charts so far in advance.

And just realizing I sound like a rain cloud on this Friday afternoon 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I hope that happens. Just pointing out we have made ourselves look silly in the past trying to project QB depth charts so far in advance.

I agree that we fans are stretching a bit thinking about all this.  But I do believe that if we take care of business on the field this year, then the sky is the limit for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Actually you just sound like a chance for rain, not actually rain. :)  We all know how predictions like that go, 50% chance of rain and it turns out there's not a cloud in the sky. You're good. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Actually you just sound like a chance for rain, not actually rain. :)  We all know how predictions like that go, 50% chance of rain and it turns out there's not a cloud in the sky. You're good. 

That's unless you are cutting hay,then a 20% chance turns into a flood before you get it baled.But I do like our chances of getting Bo and JF.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't know about hay but I hear this Bo Nix cat can sling the ball pretty good.

I've the heard same. He plays for Pinson Valley High; my old high school. I was over joyed when I heard Pat Nix was was hired there and then that his son, an "all world" high school QB, will be starting this year.  So this will be an exciting football season for me on two fronts. 

Edited by tigereye78
Spelling typo

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I will be surprised if we don't get both Fields aND Nix. I know Jimbo and FSU are a threat for Nix but Pat love for Auburn outweighs hos love for Jimbo. Now if we don't perform this year we will only get Nix. Also I am hearing unless we ask Joey to change positions or something crazy he will stick unless bama or maybe UF come calling. FSU would also be a threat but I don't believe Jimbo would take him. I put offer first but they offered him along time ago I don't know if that offer is still good I doubt it.

Edited by austudnt23

15 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I will be surprised if we don't get both Fields aND Nix. I know Jimbo and FSU are a threat for Nix but Pat love for Auburn outweighs hos love for Jimbo. Now if we don't perform this year we will only get Nix. Also I am hearing unless we ask Joey to change positions or something crazy he will stick unless bama or maybe UF come calling. FSU would also be a threat but I don't believe Jimbo would take him. I put offer first but they offered him along time ago I don't know if that offer is still good I doubt it.

I forgot about Jimbo being here when P Nix was,he could be a problem if he likes Bo.

Congratulations to Bo Nix and Pinson Valley winning the 7on7 tournament in Jordan Hare Stadium this weekend! Need to get this kid bad in 2019!

• Like 3

On 7/14/2017 at 0:34 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Imagine if Stidham exhaust his three years of eligibility at Auburn, during his rs senior year our qb room/depth could be the most talented in the history of our program if not all of college football -

Jarrett Stidham

Malik Willis

Justin Fields

Joey Gatewood

Bo Nix

Likely a pipe dream, but still a beautiful thought nonetheless.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Top-ranked 2019 dual QB Nix names finalists

By Steve Wiltfong

247Sports’s No. 1 ranked dual-threat quarterback in the 2019 class in Bo Nixnarrowed his list of offers on Thursday to eight schools.

“Clemson, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU and Georgia,” the Pinson (Ala.) Valley standout told Dawgs247 insider Rusty Mansell during an interview on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Nix wanted to name his top schools prior to the start of his senior season so he can focus on the task at hand on the field.

“I realized now that I’m a junior all the coaches can text me themselves and don’t have to go through anyone else, I wanted to narrow it down,” Nix added.

The son of Patrick Nix, Auburn is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite for the legacy recruit, but he says all the schools still in play have his full attention.

“I just tell them obviously that was my dad and I’m not my dad and I make my own decisions and I’m going to go where i fit in and where I want to go to,” Nix explained. His father helped lead Auburn to an undefeated season in 1993. “My dad has done a great job of letting me go where I want to go and he hasn’t said anything about where he wanted me to go and it’s all up to you. He’s helped me go to places everywhere I want to go and he’s definitely been in it, but not in it like that or heavy on any teams. I just tell him I’m going to make my decision and go where I want to go and where I’m wanted or needed.”

Nix said don’t expect a decision before the end of the season and he looks forward to seeing some college games this fall.

“I def want to go down to, I haven’t been to LSU yet, I haven’t been to a game so I want to head down there and watch a game because I’ve heard a bunch about LSU and how great their environment and atmosphere is, especially at night.”

Nothing has been scheduled for any school.

“I’m definitely going to keep it with the ones on my list and go to those games.”

Ranked as the No. 123 prospect in the country regardless of position, Nix does know what he’s looking for.

“I just want to go somewhere where I’m going to grow academically and be smarter when I leave the school,” he started in. “I want to go somewhere athletically where they’re going to develop me as a quarterback. And then I want to go somewhere I’m going to enjoy socially and have a good time and have a great college experience, and somewhere I’m going to grow spiritually with good Christian coaches and just an atmosphere and environment around me. And I want to go somewhere I have a chance to win a National Championship, win the Heisman Trophy and be a first round draft pick.

“All the teams I’ve listed obviously have had that in the past. They’ve had someone or their team, they’ve always been at that kind of level. There are a lot of National Champions on the list. Each of those teams have won it or been close in the last 20 years. They obviously put out good players and have draft picks and things like that.”

Bo's dad Patrick Nix is speaking at a Christian Men's Conference at Clements Baptist Church in Athens, Al this Saturday night! I'm gonna definitely hit him up to give Bo a little nudge to the Plains! Greg Mcelroy(sp?) will also be there!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

He ought to go where he wants to...where the offense fits him.......but sure would be a bitter pill to swallow if he ended up at another SEC school.

• Like 2