bigsixfive

2019 4* QB Bo Nix

130 posts in this topic

4_4552795.jpg

Early notable offers from AU, Rebs, Vols, FSU, & UK

For those of you that don't know, Pat Nix is the head coach of Scottsboro High School's football team. His son, Bo, is QB. AU is following him, along with Malik Talley.

Edited by ellitor

I am glad this thread got going, kid is a baller. He came in after the first couple games last year and replaced the SR QB because they needed that kid on D more- Patrick was hesitant for obvious reasons but the staff convinced him Bo was ready. He's got s great future to say the least. 

On a side note, Patrick has a program that has been down for a quite a while playing good and headed in the right direction. Watch out for Scottsboro down the road. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

I am glad this thread got going, kid is a baller. He came in after the first couple games last year and replaced the SR QB because they needed that kid on D more- Patrick was hesitant for obvious reasons but the staff convinced him Bo was ready. He's got s great future to say the least. 

On a side note, Patrick has a program that has been down for a quite a while playing good and headed in the right direction. Watch out for Scottsboro down the road. 

Nice post. Bo has a ton of potential. I like his size already and he can throw on the run.

Guys look at his first throw from the highlights from this past Friday posted above...

Hard to believe this kid was just a freshman in this video.

damn. i will try to catch a game if they play reasonably close. i have seen him mentioned but thought he was a legacy and not a serious recruit. the kid can sling it. can we get him earlier the way jake bentley did at USCe?

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

damn. i will try to catch a game if they play reasonably close. i have seen him mentioned but thought he was a legacy and not a serious recruit. the kid can sling it. can we get him earlier the way jake bentley did at USCe?

They won't be too close our way, regular season anyway, but the game at North Jackson would be a tasty one to see. The game @ Madison County could be a good one too. 

1 person likes this

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, NoALtiger said:

They won't be too close our way, regular season anyway, but the game at North Jackson would be a tasty one to see. The game @ Madison County could be a good one too. 

I'll be at the Madison county game, my wife is a Madison Co Grad, I'm a north Jackson grad but go to Scottsboro games also.

His arm does seem stronger than his dad's, and seems to have quicker feet.

But he is not as tall as his dad, for now. I think he is maybe 6'1''. Be nice if he can grow some more. I think his dad was about 6'3".

27 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

But he is not as tall as his dad, for now. I think he is maybe 6'1''. Be nice if he can grow some more. I think his dad was about 6'3".

imagejpeg

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Pat told AUC a couple days ago that he (Pat) is 6'0". Bo is at least as tall if not slightly taller per this pic...

6_4609591.JPG

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pat told AUC a couple days ago that he (Pat) is 6'0". Bo is at least as tall if not slightly taller per this pic...

6_4609591.JPG

Ha thanks, that was the pic I was trying to post. Not very computer literate I'm afraid. 

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

6_4609591.JPG

Ahh... then i stand corrected. Pat only SEEMED taller in college. )). But it would be nice for son to grow an inch or two...

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

But it would be nice for son to grow an inch or two...

He's just starting his sophomore year. It's likely he will grow.

Who knows what the future holds regarding growth, injury, where our program stands, etc. but......surely we'd have to really screw the pooch not to land him given the family ties to AU.

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Who knows what the future holds regarding growth, injury, where our program stands, etc. but......surely we'd have to really screw the pooch not to land him given the family ties to AU.

Assuming he will be the top target for the 2019 class. Seems likely but not a given.

As good as Bo looks as a freshman he should have all the tools to make someone a great QB at the college level.  However  I would be surprised if he was willing to wait 3 years behind Gatewood.  BN will have dozens of offers for sure maybe after this season.

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

Just heard he is a Tennessee fan. Htf did that happen? 

1. Where did you hear it? There are no articles or reporter posts stating it. 2. It's possible. Their families are from Northeast Alabama which is not far from knoxville.