2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

Feel better about JF than Nix atm. Only because Jimbo who is Pats old OC at AU will put full court press on Bo if/when we get JF. 

Edited by austudnt23

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Bo's dad Patrick Nix is speaking at a Christian Men's Conference at Clements Baptist Church in Athens, Al this Saturday night! I'm gonna definitely hit him up to give Bo a little nudge to the Plains! Greg Mcelroy(sp?) will also be there!

Speaking of that...We should be good in that aspect since he said he would like to go somewhere with Christian coaches...Well I know Gus is but I won't get far into this subject. We hit alot of the points that he noted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Speaking of that...We should be good in that aspect since he said he would like to go somewhere with Christian coaches...Well I know Gus is but I won't get far into this subject. We hit alot of the points that he noted.

That's exactly one of the things I thought after reading that article and knowing I was going to see his dad speak at this conference!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Feel better about JF than Nix atm. Only because Jimbo who is Pats old OC at AU will put full court press on Bo if/when we get JF. 

Agree 23, my guess if we get JF then FSU gets Nix. If FSU gets JF then we get Nix

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nix at LSU should scare the hell out of people.

That would be really disappointing if it were to happen ?

• Sad 1

I can understand a kid not wanting play in his dad's shadow or what ever. But I will be some kind of mad if we don't get Bo. And the turds and OSU on the list, WTH .

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I can understand a kid not wanting play in his dad's shadow or what ever. But I will be some kind of mad if we don't get Bo. And the turds and OSU on the list, WTH .

Well he is the #1 DT QB in the national and those 2, along with Clemson, are the current cream of the crop.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

And I want to go somewhere I have a chance to win a National Championship, win the Heisman Trophy and be a first round draft pick.

THIS is what I what to start hearing from players that sign with us.    Now I hope he signs with us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Well he is the #1 DT QB in the national and those 2, along with Clemson, are the current cream of the crop.

Your right but how does any AU fan go to the turds? And I don't see a southern raised kid wanting to go to OSU, now I could see him going to Clemson or FSU, but I'm looking through :cool: so what do I know, I'll shut up now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

JF will make you being mad go away. There is still a good chance we get both. Like I said Jimbo will put a full court press on. LSU can't develope a qb, well we will see what Canada can do so I don't think Pat would send him there. Only place I see Pat sending Bo besides AU is FSU to play under his dad's former OC. Also what Auburn fan would go to LSU to play football. Especially a legacy. 

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Lol Pat Nix should not allow his son to go to LSU merely for the fact that he had to take a safety down in Baton Rouge due to a fan blowing a whistle from the stands making him think the play was blown dead

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol Pat Nix should not allow his son to go to LSU merely for the fact that he had to take a safety down in Baton Rouge due to a fan blowing a whistle from the stands and he thought the play was blown dead

I was at that game and I swore I'll never go back.  

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I was at that game and I swore I'll never go back.  

I was only 9 at the time and still remember it because I have yet to see something like that happen since. So bizarre.

What irks me is the fact Bama seems to rarely go through something like this. They get one 5* QB they get another 5* to add to the class. Bit, if we get JF there is what seems to be a more than slight chance this Bo will take his talents elsewhere. I hope I am just over reacting to all of this situation.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

What irks me is the fact Bama seems to rarely go through something like this. They get one 5* QB they get another 5* to add to the class. Bit, if we get JF there is what seems to be a more than slight chance this Bo will take his talents elsewhere. I hope I am just over reacting to all of this situation.

Funny how consistent winning does that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

All the money those players get doesn't hurt either.

So if we were vying for natty's every year and had all the 5* players listing us in their top schools, we'd be buying them? The REC exists and the turds are dirty but they are a juggernaut on the field and producing NFL talent every year. I think it has more to do with that than anything else.

• Like 5

I doubt it will ever happen but, in my opinion, the only way bama will ever be taken down is a Gene Jelks type implosion. But, like I said it will probably never happen.

I guess the REC learned their lessons from the Jelks episode

Even a dynasty like bama's (which is unlike anything I've ever seen in CFB) is very fragile. A couple of key injuries, a bad attitude that becomes contagious, a few bad breaks, and the ball starts rolling downhill very quickly. 

bama will be mediocre again and it's not that far off. Just be patient because when it happens it will be fun to watch. 

And Nix is not going to bama!  I really believe whoever gets Fields between us and fsu, the other team will get Nix. 2 wildcard scenarios: We get Fields and Nix's love for AU trumps the depth chart and he picks AU anyway. OR Fields surprises us and picks uga. Then Nix will pick AU. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I doubt it will ever happen but, in my opinion, the only way bama will ever be taken down is a Gene Jelks type implosion. But, like I said it will probably never happen.

I guess the REC learned their lessons from the Jelks episode

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :)

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I really believe whoever gets Fields between us and fsu, the other team will get Nix. 

I haven't read this, but dang it sounds possible.   

If Fields chooses uga, then Nix's decision is more dicey.   Matt Coral kinda screwed things up IMO.  I really hoped he was going to UGA...but honestly, I wouldn't go to UGA either

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think this kid is coming to AU. One of the earlier posts in this thread mentioned that he wouldn't consider LSU because LSU doesn't develop QB's. Hey, can you tell me the last QB that an AU coach has developed? Newton was a freak of nature. He was already developed when he landed at AU. What Freshman QB has been developed at AU in the past 10 years? Yeah, I can't think of one, either. 

My fear about Nix is that AU seems to have problems getting legacies on board. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this kid. I'd rather have him than Fields, to be honest. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

I could be wrong on this, but I don't think this kid is coming to AU. One of the earlier posts in this thread mentioned that he wouldn't consider LSU because LSU doesn't develop QB's. Hey, can you tell me the last QB that an AU coach has developed? Newton was a freak of nature. He was already developed when he landed at AU. What Freshman QB has been developed at AU in the past 10 years? Yeah, I can't think of one, either. 

My fear about Nix is that AU seems to have problems getting legacies on board. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this kid. I'd rather have him than Fields, to be honest. 

I respect your opinion and you made some great points, but the HS players have to consider what is happening today with today's staff.  It's all about the here and now.

Malzahn has totally reorganized the offense coordinator position and brought in a great mind and coach for developing QBs.  FSU has done well with developing Francois (today's staff and today's QB).   But also consider the ACC, it's easier to do so there...  UGA isn't exactly developing any Heisman candidates either, obviously.   

We also brought back Al Borges who coached Jason Campbell and knows more about QB development than any of us...Auburn has more going for it than folks realize.  Auburn is making the right moves and according all sources, we have a legit shot.  

Lastly, J Stidham saw enough to trust in the Auburn program to get him to the NFL (at some point).  We have some time to build credibility with Bo N.

Edited by Beaker
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I respect your opinion and you made some great points, but the HS players have to consider what is happening today with today's staff.  It's all about the here and now.

Malzahn has totally reorganized the offense coordinator position and brought in a great mind and coach for developing QBs.  FSU has done well with developing Francois (today's staff and today's QB).   But also consider the ACC, it's easier to do so there...  UGA isn't exactly developing any Heisman candidates either, obviously.   

We also brought back Al Borges who coached Jason Campbell and knows more about QB development than any of us...Auburn has more going for it than folks realize.  Auburn is making the right moves and according all sources, we have a legit shot.  

Lastly, J Stidham saw enough to trust in the Auburn program to get him to the NFL (at some point).  We have some time to build credibility with Bo N.

I was waiting on austudent23 to say something on Nix or Fields to keep me positive on this whole situation. This write up should keep me good for another day or so, thanks.

Edited by AU Is Gold