2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

15 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I was waiting on austudent23 to say something on Nix or Fields to keep me positive on this whole situation. This write up should keep me good for another day or so, thanks.

Positive is JF is still looking very good to AU. I feel better about JF atm than Nix because FSU will put a full court press on Nix if/when we get JF. JF is the pick if u have to get 1. JF is a talent that doesn't come along very often. Nix is also, and I believe he will be a 5 star top 25 player for 2019 when all said and done. Scary thought for all of our rivals is if we get both. 

As for our offense I don't see anyway that we are not explosive this year. Stidham is a stud and is better than what we even thought he would be coming in. He is a leader on the field to go along with his talents. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Why is Nix supposedly not coming to Auburn if we get Fields? When did elite athletes become scared of a little competition? 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Why is Nix supposedly not coming to Auburn if we get Fields? When did elite athletes become scared of a little competition? 

When they don't go to uat. 

• Angry 1

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

"A little competition"

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

I was waiting on austudent23 to say something on Nix or Fields to keep me positive on this whole situation. This write up should keep me good for another day or so, thanks.

lol put your big you know what on:poke:

18 minutes ago, jared52 said:

When they don't go to uat. 

They're not even in the same recruiting class.  

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They're not even in the same recruiting class.  

But Fields is being called a generational talent, and we've already got Malik Willis in the mix. I'm not saying I don't want Bo, nor am I saying we won't get both him and Fields, but considering there's only one spot for a QB to play during the game, it would make sense if Nix wanted to go play for his dad's old OC at FSU should Fields choose Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

lol put your big you know what on:poke:

Let me know what you'd like me to put on. I've got tons to choose from.

9 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Positive is JF is still looking very good to AU. I feel better about JF atm than Nix because FSU will put a full court press on Nix if/when we get JF. JF is the pick if u have to get 1. JF is a talent that doesn't come along very often. Nix is also, and I believe he will be a 5 star top 25 player for 2019 when all said and done. Scary thought for all of our rivals is if we get both. 

As for our offense I don't see anyway that we are not explosive this year. Stidham is a stud and is better than what we even thought he would be coming in. He is a leader on the field to go along with his talents. 

This.  Stidham is potentially going to be the best pure passer type QB we have had in AU in maybe the last 25 years +.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I keep forgetting about Borges on staff. It was a couple of nights ago when I watched the 2004 SEC championship game when the Tigers kicked the vols a$$ back up on rocky top.Borges was the person who orchestrated Jason Campbell's turnaround.

Now. If CCL is the OC we think he is, Auburn's quarterbacks appear to be in very good hands

:wareagle:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

I keep forgetting about Borges on staff. It was a couple of nights ago when I watched the 2004 SEC championship game when the Tigers kicked the vols a$$ back up on rocky top.Borges was the person who orchestrated Jason Campbell's turnaround.

Now. If CCL is the OC we think he is, Auburn's quarterbacks appear to be in very good hands

:wareagle:

Not knocking on Borges but Petrino had a huge factor in his development as well.  Teaching him the ability to step up and complete the pass with pressure in his face.  Plus a very experienced offensive team along with the 2 incredible running backs and probably the best combined core of receivers in AU history.  Jason grew up as well and just got better.  Borges put him in great spots to successful.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

This.  Stidham is potentially going to be the best pure passer type QB we have had in AU in maybe the last 25 years +.  

This.. Also he is not slow either. I don't expect him to be a big time threat like NM or Cam running the ball but he will keep defense honest with his legs. He is the best pure Passer we have had in a long time.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This.. Also he is not slow either. I don't expect him to be a big time threat like NM or Cam running the ball but he will keep defense honest with his legs. He is the best pure Passer we have had in a long time.

Watching his Baylor games last year, I noticed he slides and doesn't take many hits when choosing to run. Is that coach's decision or does he just not prefer contact? I know most all of those runs were not designed, but still...just wondering out of curiosity. I don't think I would prefer him to take hits, he seems to valuable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Watching his Baylor games last year, I noticed he slides and doesn't take many hits when choosing to run. Is that coach's decision or does he just not prefer contact? I know most all of those runs were not designed, but still...just wondering out of curiosity. I don't think I would prefer him to take hits, he seems to valuable.

We Def want him to slide. He is not a Cam runner that delivers a hit. Even NM tried to get out of bounds and gwt hit as little as possible. We want JS to take as few hits as possible. People forget I believe he was the number 1 dual threat qb coming out of hs. A good dual threat qb gets the yard he can get and gets out of bounds unless you are Cam or have the body to deliver blows. I can't think of many big hits NM took in 2013. However JS isn't near as fast as NM. Also i wouldnt expect near the amount of designed qb runs from JS as NM or Cam had. JS can be effective using his legs though. Just saying defenses will have to account for him keeping the ball.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We Def want him to slide. He is not a Cam runner that delivers a hit. Even NM tried to get out of bounds and gwt hit as little as possible. We want JS to take as few hits as possible. People forget I believe he was the number 1 dual threat qb coming out of hs. A good dual threat qb gets the yard he can get and gets out of bounds unless you are Cam or have the body to deliver blows. I can't think of many big hits NM took in 2013. However JS isn't near as fast as NM. Also i wouldnt expect near the amount of designed qb runs from JS as NM or Cam had. JS can be effective using his legs though. Just saying defenses will have to account for him keeping the ball.

Bingo. Also, there  should be some excellent opportunities for him to run due to increased space and lanes. I believe the days of teams loading 8-9 in the box are about to end. Can't wait for kickoff. 

• Like 1

Regarding Stidham, people forget that he started his HS career as a WR and a pretty good one too. Check out his stats as a sophomore.

We don't need him to run much tho. Just elude pressure, scramble for a few 1st downs, and maybe zone-read in key situations like near the goal line.

• Like 3

I think we are recruiting Bo Nix really heard for 2019. At least we batter be. If Bo slips away, then Gus and Chip knows nothing about recruiting / signing 4 and 5*  QB's. From time to time, Gus has shown us he has a hard time signing top high school that turn out to be all everything that could win the Heisman in college.

• Facepalm 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I think we are recruiting Bo Nix really heard for 2019. At least we batter be. If Bo slips away, then Gus and Chip knows nothing about recruiting / signing 4 and 5*  QB's. From time to time, Gus has shown us he has a hard time signing top high school that turn out to be all everything that could win the Heisman in college.

Ewe mite bee on two sum think

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Heard from different places that Bo's "I promise Auburn isn't my #1 school" is all a facade and he'll be at AU regardless of whether we get Fields. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Heard from different places that Bo's "I promise Auburn isn't my #1 school" is all a facade and he'll be at AU regardless of whether we get Fields. 

Clayton, I sure hope you are right.:bananadance:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

same

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, au_bsci_04 said:

So if we were vying for natty's every year and had all the 5* players listing us in their top schools, we'd be buying them? The REC exists and the turds are dirty but they are a juggernaut on the field and producing NFL talent every year. I think it has more to do with that than anything else.

How do you think he got 5* after 5* there when no one else in the country seems to be able to do that. sure maybe the record of getting players to the nfl speaks for itself now but what about the first 4 years he was there... $$$$$

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

How do you think he got 5* after 5* there when no one else in the country seems to be able to do that. sure maybe the record of getting players to the nfl speaks for itself now but what about the first 4 years he was there... $$$$$

He is by far the best recruiter in college football.  And when he came to bama he made damn sure the entire organization, from the president down to the water boys, were all on the same page.  And this included the boosters who were told to get the hell out.  Sure he breaks some rules and he pushes the envelope, but he can communicate with the kids and parents better than anyone else.

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Blue blood schools all over the country do this yearly. It's not just bama, they just happen to be one of them.

• Like 1