Null



bigsixfive

2019 4* QB Bo Nix

Recommended Posts

War Knight    365

What. An. Arm.

Now imagine if we step into his throws instead throwing while falling backwards. Good runner with great vision. I like the similarities in our offense and you can see him making reads already. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




JFDTiger80    239
15 hours ago, steeleagle said:

His arm does seem stronger than his dad's, and seems to have quicker feet.

But he is not as tall as his dad, for now. I think he is maybe 6'1''. Be nice if he can grow some more. I think his dad was about 6'3".

I would expect him to grow some more. He was only a HS Freshman last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alexava    1,199
8 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. Where did you hear it? There are no articles or reporter posts stating it. 2. It's possible. Their families are from Northeast Alabama which is not far from knoxville.

Coworker has a son on same team. I got this second hand but will talk to him directly this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Coworker has a son on same team. I got this second hand but will talk to him directly this week.

Thanks. I saw a Volnation post that said some of his fam were Smokey fans but did not point to him specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFDTiger80    239
1 hour ago, AubTigers said:

Bo had 106yds passing and 192yds rushing with 5 total tds in a 63-21 win over Crossville on Friday night. He's off to a great start to the season.

Thanks for updating us. That is a lot of rushing yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randman5000    467
On 8/30/2016 at 5:51 PM, autan said:

As good as Bo looks as a freshman he should have all the tools to make someone a great QB at the college level.  However  I would be surprised if he was willing to wait 3 years behind Gatewood.  BN will have dozens of offers for sure maybe after this season.

Gate wood may not be the guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,942
45 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gate wood may not be the guy

makes you wonder....seems he is not playing QB at his HS....so he's going to be our QB of  the future?  guess I'm not so sure about that. 

Meanwhile, I thought by now we had learned that you don't recruit one high profile QB and then consider that the future is secure at that position.

Edited by AU64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randman5000    467
15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

makes you wonder....seems he is not playing QB at his HS....so he's going to be our QB of  the future?  guess I'm not so sure about that. 

Meanwhile, I thought by now we had learned that you don't recruit one high profile QB and then consider that the future is secure at that position.

Hopefully he can get reps next year, but we need Stidham. Can't afford to put all of our eggs in one basket... Two years from now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,546
On 8/30/2016 at 7:51 PM, autan said:

As good as Bo looks as a freshman he should have all the tools to make someone a great QB at the college level.  However I would be surprised if he was willing to wait 3 years behind Gatewood.  BN will have dozens of offers for sure maybe after this season.

Gatewood isn't even the starting QB on his high school team. I don't think other QB prospects are writing AU off because Gatewood is committed here. Gatewood may end up playing TE or H-back at Auburn, that's what he's doing in HS.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JFDTiger80    239
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Gatewood isn't even the starting QB on his high school team. I don't think other QB prospects are writing AU off because Gatewood is committed here. Gatewood may end up playing TE or H-back at Auburn, that's what he's doing in HS.

I think there is a decent chance Joey transfers for his HS senior season to be the featured QB and get more reps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,546
4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think there is a decent chance Joey transfers for his HS senior season to be the featured QB and get more reps. 

Possibly. Still, one would think that a future 3 to 4 year starter on an SEC team would be the #1 guy on his high school team, regardless of what other QB might be there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
autan    74

I think I saw where Joey really struggled in last weeks game something like 5-17 with 2 interceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thaitopher    559
12 hours ago, autan said:

I think I saw where Joey really struggled in last weeks game something like 5-17 with 2 interceptions.

Shhh. He's the next Cam. Don't burst our hope bubble. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
On 9/10/2016 at 3:15 PM, Randman5000 said:

Hopefully he can get reps next year, but we need Stidham. Can't afford to put all of our eggs in one basket... Two years from now.

Don't be surprised if IMG picks up Joey next year after Mond graduates, or another quality program for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
On 9/11/2016 at 2:40 PM, Mikey said:

Possibly. Still, one would think that a future 3 to 4 year starter on an SEC team would be the #1 guy on his high school team, regardless of what other QB might be there.

The coaches are trying to do right by the QB graduating this year in getting him as much of a chance to get the offers he wants & I got no issue with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
16 hours ago, autan said:

I think I saw where Joey really struggled in last weeks game something like 5-17 with 2 interceptions.

No. That was the all the QBs combined. Joey only threw 2 passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,546
7 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. That was the all the QBs combined. Joey only threw 2 passes.

All three QB's combined were 5-17, the team got walloped and yet......there are two or three D1 QB prospects there? I'm not buying that story, it defies common sense. Coaches need to win and if any one of those three could improve the chances of winning, that one would be the QB on every meaningful snap. What it sounds like is there isn't a good high school QB on that team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randman5000    467
8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't be surprised if IMG picks up Joey next year after Mond graduates, or another quality program for that matter.

Yeah, didn't think about that. It would be pretty good for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellitor    4,707
7 hours ago, Mikey said:

All three QB's combined were 5-17, the team got walloped and yet......there are two or three D1 QB prospects there? I'm not buying that story, it defies common sense. Coaches need to win and if any one of those three could improve the chances of winning, that one would be the QB on every meaningful snap. What it sounds like is there isn't a good high school QB on that team.

Didn't say D1, said college offers. 1 is committed to Gardner Webb. The other has offers from Charlotte & Citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey    1,546
27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Didn't say D1, said college offers. 1 is committed to Gardner Webb. The other has offers from Charlotte & Citadel.

OK, but: Is it even remotely possible that a high school coach s playing his best QB at positions other than QB so that others will get a scholarship offer? That doesn't fit with what I know about the world in general and western civilization in particular! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now