2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

17 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If that's his son, he is definitely not as tall as his dad. Hope he grows another couple of inches...but doubt it. Don't most young males stop growing in mid high school? I think he is a soph right?

Pat is 6'3, Bo is 6'1" as a 10th grader. I personally didn't even hit my big growth spurt until the end of my 10th grade year and continued to grow a bit after I graduated. I fully expect Bo to be about his Dads height or a tad North of it. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

If that's his son, he is definitely not as tall as his dad. Hope he grows another couple of inches...but doubt it. Don't most young males stop growing in mid high school? I think he is a soph right?

He's taller. Pat was only 6'1.

Edited by ellitor

44 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Pat is 6'3, Bo is 6'1" as a 10th grader. I personally didn't even hit my big growth spurt until the end of my 10th grade year and continued to grow a bit after I graduated. I fully expect Bo to be about his Dads height or a tad North of it. 

Keith interviewed Pat a few months ago. Pat told Keith Pat is 6'1.

10 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Watching his highlights one thing I noticed he had that dear old dad didn't was a set of wheels. 

Wheels weren't really trendy back then.  He graduated 4 years before Vick was a freshman.  Steve McNair was the only quintessential running QB I can think of from Nix time and he was relegated to the FCS.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:52 PM, NoALtiger said:

Most of my growth was after graduating but unfortunately it was isolated around my gut.   

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, ellitor said:

"Bo must be considered DT QB since Auburn does not recruit Drop back QBs." Maybe Malzahn will be gone before 2019 so we can trash this hurry / spread offense and go back to having a true drop back passer like Bo Nix.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Wheels weren't really trendy back then.  He graduated 4 years before Vick was a freshman.  Steve McNair was the only quintessential running QB I can think of from Nix time and he was relegated to the FCS.

McNabb was another I was thinking of but again...4 years later

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

McNabb was another I was thinking of but again...4 years later

Charlie Ward, Kordell Stewart and Tommie Frazier....Chris McCoy and Beau Morgan (Navy & Air Force)

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I saw McNair play in college and in addition to being mobile he was big and he was strong. So when you rushed you better make sure you had some friends coming with you.

Dante Culpepper?  I remember watching him gash our tigers in the late 90's(?).  helluva a player 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trout54 said:

Dante Culpepper?  I remember watching him gash our tigers in the late 90's(?).  helluva a player 

I remember him completing a 25 yard pass with Takeo Spikes hanging on to him...dude was strong.

12 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I saw McNair play in college and in addition to being mobile he was big and he was strong. So when you rushed you better make sure you had some friends coming with you.

I was a huge McNair fan... I was so upset when he didn't get the Heisman because he played for an FCS school.  He would have been a nightmare at a Power 5 school.

It will be interesting to see how Pat handles the QB situation at Pinson Valley if indeed Bo does transfer.  

PV has quite a baller there already in Jackie Matthews, who took them to the 3rd round of the 6A playoffs this season.  He is a returning senior and has started since 9th grade.

2 hours ago, 400DGRZ said:

It will be interesting to see how Pat handles the QB situation at Pinson Valley if indeed Bo does transfer.  

PV has quite a baller there already in Jackie Matthews, who took them to the 3rd round of the 6A playoffs this season.  He is a returning senior and has started since 9th grade.

Might be time for Jackie to transfer too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I was a huge McNair fan... I was so upset when he didn't get the Heisman because he played for an FCS school.  He would have been a nightmare at a Power 5 school.

I saw him play against Jacksonville St. two years in a row. In the first game, at JSU, Alcorn St. was down 42-0 at the half. In the second half McNair put on a show and almost pulled off the comeback. The next year the two teams played in Alcorn. McNair, who was nursing groin injury,  came off the bench and led the braves to victory. I don't care if he played in FCS he would have been a stud in any league.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Looks like ol' Urban is making a run at our boy.  Now I REALLY want to land Nix, just to stick it to him.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Buckeyes-offer-Auburn-legacy-51439207

Clemson will be the biggest threat if they want him FWIW.

Clemson should be pretty stacked at QB with their last two classes and the one they have committed this coming year. I don't see Nix going there just because of the very high level of competition. JMHO :dunno: