2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

22 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

If he ends up picking another school, the fan base will flip out.

Sean White ... I mean Stidham having a great year will really give us momentum.

Well it is ALWAYS a adventure with us and legacies!!! IDK what it is.

• Like 1

I just read Patrick's affiliation with Auburn will not have any idea influence on Bo's decision. I, for one, hope it does. I have it on good authority from another member on this board Bo signing with a school, other than Auburn, ain't gonna happen. Oh, I hope he's right.:wareagle:

• Like 2

Just now, milehighfan said:

I just read Patrick's affiliation with Auburn will not have any idea influence on Bo's decision. I, for one, hope it does. I have it on good authority from another member on this board Bo signing with a school, other than Auburn, ain't gonna happen. Oh, I hope he's right.:wareagle:

I just wish he would jump on board early so it can give us a peace of mind and give us a face for the 2019 class and a lot of momentum. Stidham being the real deal is not just about the 2017 Auburn football team but also potentially sealing the deal on Ross and Bo. A true domino affect.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

If he ends up picking another school, the fan base will flip out.

Sean White ... I mean Stidham having a great year will really give us momentum.

You can count me as one of those fans.I will be sooo pissed if he does not end up at AU.

• Like 1

IMHO, Pat and Bo are saying the right things and going through the process the right way. But in the end it will be AU no contest. Unless, by some chance, we start running the wishbone or power I again. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 8:24 AM, ellitor said:

Update

Patrick led us in the fourth quarter of the iron bowl when Stan got hurt. Started 94-95. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Patrick Nix, Bo Nix dish on Auburn’s perceived advantage and family rivalry

PINSON, Ala. — To the Nix family, the conversation around Bo Nix’s recruitment has become comical at times.

Patrick Nix, Bo’s father, was an Iron Bowl hero for Auburn in its undefeated season in 1993. Bo has grown up a lifelong Auburn fan, so there are articles and questions all over the place whether any school other than Auburn has a shot to land Nix, a 2019 recruiting prospect.

Those queries have even flowed over to the coaching ranks as staffs gauge their chances with Nix, the nation’s No. 2 dual-threat QB in the 247Sports composite rankings.

“A lot of them are like, ‘Do we really have a chance?’ ” Patrick said. “My thing is, if you don’t offer, I can assure you that you don’t have a chance. If you do, I don’t know. But if you don’t, then you don’t have a chance because everyone else has.”

CSC_0541_gb0ahv.jpg
Auburn QB target Bo Nix: Does any other school have a chance? (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound quarterback holds 17 offers from all the top programs. Auburn made its offer in June 2016.

Bo’s college decision remains roughly a year away, he said. But just by looking at his 247Sports recruiting page, it’s obvious what the general public thinks will happen at the end of it. All 10 of the Crystal Ball predictions favor the Tigers, which has almost everything to do with his father’s legacy at Auburn and Bo’s childhood fandom.

Patrick wants to downplay how much that will factor into Bo’s decision.

“Every kid is a fan of some school. Growing up, you hope that schools offers you. As you grow, you realize that you’re not making a decision as a fan. You’re making a decision as a player, and that’s completely different,” Patrick said.

“Yeah, he’s been an Auburn fan his whole life, but that’s no different than a kid down the road that’s been an Alabama fan his whole life. … The funny thing I’ve seen is it’s like he’s the only one out there that has any allegiance to any school. If people really think that, they’re out of their mind, and they probably miss out on the kids. ”

It’s also important, for both Patrick and Bo, to separate each other’s career paths.

Patrick had a successful four years on the Plains. It’s not out of the question Bo will, as well. But Patrick doesn’t want his own career trajectory to add decision-making pressure on his 4-star son.

“The biggest thing I’ve told him is he’s in the driver’s seat,” Patrick said. “He’s been very mature with it of looking at everything and keeping his eyes open to what’s the best for him. I’ve told him all along I want whatever is the best experience for him, not my experience. I’ve already had my experience, and I want him to have his experience. I hope his experience is as good as mine was.”

Let’s talk Nix family comparisons

Patrick Nix’s name is mentioned with some of the great quarterbacks in Auburn lore.

It begs the obvious question: Will Bo be the same way?

Patrick isn’t big into comparisons. It’s a different day and time in a much different college football and recruiting landscape. But he also recognizes his son’s innate leadership and quarterbacking ability.

DSC_0228-2_kmt19p.jpg
Auburn 2019 quarterback target Bo Nix isn’t rushing his recruiting decision. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

“As far as a player, he’s farther along than I was at this time. I think most players are now than when I was coming out. Things have changed drastically over the course of time,” Patrick said. “Quite honestly, we try not to compare too much. His goal and my goal for him is to be the best him he can be. However good that is, let’s make sure to maximize that and not worry about being better than your dad, be better than your little brother.”

When Bo talks about his recruitment, he has a distinct reason for why he wants to wait another year before making a college decision. He is operating in the here and now. Bo has his sights set on his next football season at Pinson Valley more than where he’ll suit up for college in the distant future.

It all links back to his overarching goal.

“I want to be the best high school quarterback in the nation,” Bo said. “I’m young. I want to experience high school. In doing that, I have to focus on the now and not the future. At the same time, I want to have a good experience with the recruitment and have fun.”

Bo is on the fast track to be one of the best quarterback in the country, not just in the 2019 recruiting class.

At the Nike Opening camp in Atlanta, he was named top quarterback overall. That camp showcased many great 2018 quarterback prospects, including Ohio State commit Emory Jones.

Bo doesn’t just want to be the best in the country, though. He has a house full of quarterbacks he wants to top.

“He’s said it a couple times. If he can be the best quarterback in the house when it’s all said and done, he’s going to be pretty good,” Patrick said. “I was fortunate enough to have had a good career. He’s had a pretty good career. And he’s going to be pushed by one coming up behind him that wants to do that. For us in our family, it’s a friendly and fun little competition to see who does what.”

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

I sure hope we don't miss on him...I don't believe we will, however, it would really sting of we did.

• Like 1

I want him to do what is best for himself....and come to Auburn. lol

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I want him to do what is best for himself....and come to Auburn. lol

Isn't auburn the best choice for everyone?  

• Like 3

Honest to God if we miss on this kid somebody on this staff deserves to be fired 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Honest to God if we miss on this kid somebody on this staff deserves to be fired 

5 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

I sure hope we don't miss on him...I don't believe we will, however, it would really sting of we did.

It would be worse than just a sting imo. Much worse. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Why? Bo Nix already knows everything there is to know about Auburn. He loves this place. If, after all that, he decides some other school is the best for him, what could one of our coaches have done about it?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why? Bo Nix already knows everything there is to know about Auburn. He loves this place. If, after all that, he decides some other school is the best for him, what could one of our coaches have done about it?

fl6272-hiep-vu-man-bound-gagged-trunk-ca

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If that was a Dodge Charger I'd be really worried. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

is this a re enactment of peaches kidnapping brent calloway?! lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

If we miss on him there would already be major staff turnover beforehand. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ding ding

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You would think this would be common sense. If somebody like Bo were to walk away from Auburn after being a fan their whole life with a family history there, you would think there is some internal issues going on. There is no reason this kid shouldn't sign to AU. 

On 4/20/2017 at 11:58 AM, Barnacle said:

:lol:

Girlfriend posts are like chum in the water for Golf. Pics or GT*O. 

Sorry, E. 

With no particular player in mind, we might need to be more PC and either be "gender neutral"...or just include girl or boy friends.....it's a complicated world out there today...

8 hours ago, DAG said:

You would think this would be common sense. If somebody like Bo were to walk away from Auburn after being a fan their whole life with a family history there, you would think there is some internal issues going on. There is no reason this kid shouldn't sign to AU. 

Disagree. While its probable that Nix signs with Auburn, what if he finds a different offensive scheme that he feels like fits his skill set better than Auburn's does? There doesn't have to be any internal issues for him to sign elsewhere.