2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Didn't watch the game on TV? :beer2:

I bet we have members hear that are too young to know what we are talking about. 

• Like 3

Just now, alexava said:

I bet we have members hear that are too young to know what we are talking about. 

Bet you are right. 93 was the first year I bought season tickets. Good year to have season tickets. Could have sold my Iron Bowl tickets and paid for the whole year. Was too true and went. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hate to get off topic but my favorite Nix moment was in the swamp in 94. Man that was a fun game to be at. The UF people were not pleased. 

That was my sophomore year. Watched it with a bunch of fellow Auburn kids at a house in Birmingham. Then went to see Phish at Oak Mountain that night. It was a good weekend. 

• Like 3

I was in HS in '93.  My sister was in the AU marching band. We had season tickets and went to every home game. 

I watched all the away games on the radio. ?   I had a t-shirt that said something similar to that. 

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Disagree. While its probable that Nix signs with Auburn, what if he finds a different offensive scheme that he feels like fits his skill set better than Auburn's does? There doesn't have to be any internal issues for him to sign elsewhere.

Really? Have you seen the offense he has been running? He would be tailor made to play QB at AU. If anything, that would be a positive for AU compared to the other schools who are offering him.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Really? Have you seen the offense he has been running? He would be tailor made to play QB at AU. If anything, that would be a positive for AU compared to the other schools who are offering him.

Agree. Nix is very much like Stidham. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't disagree that Bo Nix's talents appears to fit in well with our scheme. My point was simply a response to your earlier statement that if Bo doesn't sign with Auburn, that the only explanation for this would be if there are internal issues on our staff. My response was simply to point out that Bo might feel like there is a better system or coach out there with whom he might have more success.

Edited by thaitopher
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I don't disagree that Bo Nix's talents appears to fit in well with our scheme. My point was simply a response to your earlier statement that if Bo doesn't sign with Auburn, that the only explanation for this would be if there are internal issues on our staff. My response was simply to point out that Bo might feel like there is a better system or coach out there with whom he might have more success.

does not seem to be a problem with other schools regardless of scheme, fit or what not with them signing their high profile legacies. No excuses on this one. Pat Nix is not Alan Evans. He had a very positive Auburn experience. He has no ax to grind with Auburn. His son grew up rooting for Auburn and loving it. It will be a huge swing and miss if the staff misses on BO and will have long term repercussions.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 4

Remember in Baton Rouge when Pat Nix took a safety because someone in the crowd blew a whistle and he thought play had stopped?

I'm going to start a gofundme page to get the AU Family to send me to all the games with a whistle in hand to do this to all of our opponents when they are backed up inside their own 5 yard line. HELP ME OUT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Edited by Tiger

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Remember in Baton Rouge when Pat Nix took a safety because someone in the crowd blew a whistle and he thought play had stopped?

I'm going to start a gofundme page to get the AU Family to send me to all the games with a whistle in hand to do this to all of our opponents when they are backed up inside their own 5 yard line. HELP ME OUT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

In.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Disagree. While its probable that Nix signs with Auburn, what if he finds a different offensive scheme that he feels like fits his skill set better than Auburn's does? There doesn't have to be any internal issues for him to sign elsewhere.

Yes there does. Has to be major staff turnover to not land him at this point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Some reason as I read this my brain went to the "waterboy" voice from the movie.

2 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Some reason as I read this my brain went to the "waterboy" voice from the movie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

With no particular player in mind, we might need to be more PC and either be "gender neutral"...or just include girl or boy friends.....it's a complicated world out there today...

@augolf1716 you scout boyfriends, too? 

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Didn't watch the game on TV? :beer2:

Ha, I did watch it on closed circuit at Bryant Denny. An odd experience to say the least and one I'll never forget. 

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

93. I was there. 

Me too. Freshman year...National Radio Champions!!

"Nix gonna float one for Sanders, Sanders...OH HE CAUGHT IT AT THE TWO, AND HE DIVED IN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!! OH MY GOODNESS! Frank Sanders leaped up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham, he caught the ball at the two, how he held it I don't know, but he dived into the end zone, and Auburn's right back at the stick of it, with a backup quarterback, trailing 14-11!"

(Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

"Nix gonna float one for Sanders, Sanders...OH HE CAUGHT IT AT THE TWO, AND HE DIVED IN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!! OH MY GOODNESS! Frank Sanders leaped up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham, he caught the ball at the two, how he held it I don't know, but he dived into the end zone, and Auburn's right back at the stick of it, with a backup quarterback, trailing 14-11!"

That was a great day!!

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

we are coming for the play by play from you when Lawyer Tillmans son or relative becomes a big time recruit! lol so be on notice!

• Like 1