2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

My thought as well. Trovon Reed and Quan Bray are like, where was that when we were here?!?!?

Man, so true. Those guys were built for an effective screen game. You can throw Ricardo Louis in that mix too IMO. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hey the no blocker screen was pre-CCL. Now our screen game is deadly (when we don't make it obvious) -- Ryan Davis made a living off of the screen this past season

Maybe I' am remembering wrong, but I thought our best screen plays were with the linemen pulling out to block. So maybe y'all are talking about two different plays.

5 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Maybe I' am remembering wrong, but I thought our best screen plays were with the linemen pulling out to block. So maybe y'all are talking about two different plays.

I got what he was saying. Before CCL got here our screen game basically consisted of the QB rocketing it out to the WR and Duke Williams was somewhere on the ground pretending to block 2 guys at one time

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I got what he was saying. Before CCL got here our screen game basically consisted of the QB rocketing it out to the WR and Duke Williams was somewhere on the ground pretending to block 2 guys at one time

Wish we could do more than a like, I wanted to laugh at this and like it at the same time.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Wish we could do more than a like, I wanted to laugh at this and like it at the same time.

I laughed for both of us.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 8:25 AM, McLoofus said:

The attribute that stands out most to me is how live his feet stay in the pocket. In terms of mobility, he reminds me a wee bit of Aaron Rodgers. I'm cool if every Auburn QB watches this clip a million times.

Anyone else have issues watching this video? For me it says that the NFL blocked it being played on this site?

23 hours ago, Tiger said:

Hey the no blocker screen was pre-CCL. Now our screen game is deadly (when we don't make it obvious) -- Ryan Davis made a living off of the screen this past season

Yessir he did. And only set our all time record for receptions by 20+ catches.

22 hours ago, kd4au said:

You can. Hold down the button that is for "likes" until it pops up with a big group of different likes, laughs, facepalms and more.

Edited by Auburn2Eugene
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Anyone else have issues watching this video? For me it says that the NFL blocked it being played on this site?

Yeah, sorry, you have to watch it on Youtube.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You can. Hold down the button that is for "likes" until it pops up with a big group of different likes, laughs, facepalms and more

I tried, still only let me select one. Maybe doing it wrong.

• Like 1

Looks like Bo did accept his invite to Cam's camp. Time to start the journey to getting that 5th star and proving he's the best qb in the class.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, Mikey said:

I'm as big a Nix fan as anybody, but that screen can't be right. Nobody has ever in the history of football completed 296 of 307 passes! That's over 96%. I'll say impossible.

296 of 307 passing concerns me........has time to improve lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2018 at 1:32 PM, kevon67 said:

I’m not worried I’m sure those 11 incompletions were just drops

Guessing they probably meant 196 out of 307?

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2018 at 12:46 PM, ertrader said:

Guessing they probably meant 196 out of 307?

Yea, those numbers make a lot more sense... that's about 64% and 15 YPC.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:32 PM, kevon67 said:

? if those numbers were correct you are not passing enough. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since there was confusion on his numbers I looked it up:

Nix’s stats in 2017 (with midseason injury): 196-of-307 passing for 2,872 yards, 36 passing touchdowns and 4 rushing touchdowns.

I pulled it from here:  https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-bo-nix-quarterback-legacy-commit

• Like 2

Bo and Pickens will need a duo nickname soon. They have a budding relationship already working through camps so when both get here they will already be comfortable. Definitely need this right now with LSU and UGA putting the pressure on Pickens. Like I said before....Work that magic Bo!!!!!

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

Won't be long and he'll be the indisputable #1 overall qb in the nation not just "pro-style". You can pretty much write him down as the winner for this AGAIN.

• Like 2

He should have a 5* by his name soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, toddc said:

so should King George! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, toddc said:

They had no absolute reason to take him down in the rankings. Just asinine...He will destroy these camps like he usually does and then when the season comes hopefully he will be healthy throughout and he will get the 5 star for sure! Pickens will have it too no doubt. He killed at the camps as well. We will have two 5 star players at play-making positions leading our class and *crosses fingers* we get someone like Noah Cain who will get his 5 star back and we'll have three 5 star players!!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

They had no absolute reason to take him down in the rankings. Just asinine...He will destroy these camps like he usually does and then when the season comes hopefully he will be healthy throughout and he will get the 5 star for sure! Pickens will have it too no doubt. He killed at the camps as well. We will have two 5 star players at play-making positions leading our class and *crosses fingers* we get someone like Noah Cain who will get his 5 star back and we'll have three 5 star players!!!!!

How secure do we feel with Picken's commitment?  If I was remembering correctly we got on him early but there was talk at the time that he would be hard to hold on to if Bama came calling