2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

So what does all of this page have to do with Bo Nix?  This seems like a discussion for the JG thread....

Yeah people migrate their discussions unfortunately.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like the young Nix is making a name for himself...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-great-Patrick-Nix-and-son-touted-quarterback-Bo-Nix-have--48366615

53%, 1144 yards, 18.75 YPC, 12 touchdowns, two INTs in the air

762 yards, 11.5 YPA, 11 touchdowns, 3 100 yard games on the ground

238.3 yards of offense per game

28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

53%, 1144 yards, 18.75 YPC, 12 touchdowns, two INTs in the air

762 yards, 11.5 YPA, 11 touchdowns, 3 100 yard games on the ground

238.3 yards of offense per game

How else do you have an INT?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

That would suck

ea89bf6f1be4c35f7b74db2358a1ed4f.jpg

When did golf get a face lift?    This can be a tuff room..

Edited by ausburn
  • Like 2

It sure is found to be interesting seeing Nix grow in HS and saw where he gets skill-wise. He looks very impressive for his age.

BTW, loved all the banter above. Made me smile too.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-1478341854590141930/quarterback-showcase-blue-chip-recruits-bo-nix-daulton-hyatt-set-for-round-3/

War Eagle! Here's a short article comparing the quarterbacks in tonight's big showdown between 5A #1 Scottsboro and #2 Etowah.  I'm excited to see the type of game Bo has when the opposing offense has the potential to compete in a high scoring game. Per www.scottsborofootball.com, Scottsboro has outscored opponents 363 to 92, or by an average of 45.4 to 11.5, with almost 73% of their points coming in the first half.  Bo's leadership and mental toughness will be tested tonight. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

It would be a disaster if we lost Nix to any school. He needs to wear O&B. I think he may be a real good one. It swill be interesting to see how he grows in HS.

If we can hang on to Gatewood and land Nix, we should be set at QB for years to come (given the obvious fact that we finally land a QB coach that can develop talent).

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we can hang on to Gatewood and land Nix, we should be set at QB for years to come (given the obvious fact that we finally land a QB coach that can develop talent).

Famously last words that have been said before I'm afraid. Never will I utter the words "set at QB for years" when it comes to AU. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Famously last words that have been said before I'm afraid. Never will I utter the words "set at QB for years" when it comes to AU. 

Good point. I at least should have waited to see who we land as our new OC/QB coach

• Like 2

Bo must be considered DT QB since Auburn does not recruit Drop back QBs.  Or maybe he's recruiting Dad for QB coach.  Patrick was a pretty up and coming College coach at one time.  I'm not serious of course, but it seems a little strange to be visiting 2019 recruits at such a critical time for 2017 recruiting. Most people on this forum think Gus will be coaching at some small college by then.  Not me.  I'm still on the bus although the next stop looks pretty tempting.^-^

36 minutes ago, autan said:

Bo must be considered DT QB since Auburn does not recruit Drop back QBs.  Or maybe he's recruiting Dad for QB coach.  Patrick was a pretty up and coming College coach at one time.  I'm not serious of course, but it seems a little strange to be visiting 2019 recruits at such a critical time for 2017 recruiting. Most people on this forum think Gus will be coaching at some small college by then.  Not me.  I'm still on the bus although the next stop looks pretty tempting.^-^

He runs a lot. Watch his film.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, WarEagle8207 said:

The article didn't say if Bo was going to transfer, but I would assume he will.  I hate that for Scottsboro.  They had a lot of great potential next year.  

If that's his son, he is definitely not as tall as his dad. Hope he grows another couple of inches...but doubt it. Don't most young males stop growing in mid high school? I think he is a soph right?

Yeah, that's a tough loss for Scottsboro, totally changes the prospects for next season. It will be interesting to see how Bo does against different teams though.