2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

36 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Dameyune compares more favorably to Cam Newton than he does to Slack or Burger. He had one HUGE year at Auburn in which he carried the team on his shoulders to within a point of beating Peyton Manning's Tennessee team that was absolutely stacked with talent. Didn't Craig set a record for passing yards that season, too?

Yes, Craig was here five years and had one huge year. Cam was here one year and had one huge year. I watched both and don't see the comparison. I thought we were going to win that Tennessee game. From the 40 yard line seats I lucked into it looked like Takeio Spikes was going to kill every runner they had. Sadly, Tennessee started passing.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, Craig was here five years and had one huge year. Cam was here one year and had one huge year. I watched both and don't see the comparison. I thought we were going to win that Tennessee game. From the 40 yard line seats I lucked into it looked like Takeio Spikes was going to kill every runner they had. Sadly, Tennessee started passing.

And Karsten Bailey was dropping TDs! I would rank Craig's career close to Jason Campbell's. Better than average QB, with 1 very good season. 

Edited by imaolgatiger
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have a feeling the thread we are in will soon have the next true freshmen Auburn QB who became a starter and had a good frosh season.

Malik Willis will be in year 3 with a lot of game reps under his belt when Bo is a true freshman. Will also be interesting to see what happens with Gatewood this season.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fantastic footwork! Very polished QB.

• Love 1

If Nix was 2 inches taller, he would be a 5 Star now and people would be talking of him being one of best prepared HS QB's in years.

Edited by JFDTiger80
Get rid of a word
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, fredst said:

His arm strength looks better than what I thought it was. He might end up being ok....

I agree.  He might be alright...

I would say it is a fair bet several members of this board feel that BN based upon his performances this summer at Rivals 5*, The Opening in Dallas, Elite 11, multiple 7 on 7 tournaments and camps, he deserves to be a 5* player when new rankings come out, whenever that may be.  Now seeing as he is the #1 Dual rated QB on composite rankings, here is the debate:

There was no doubt that last year the #1 Dual threat QB was a 5* player, that also ended up being the #1 player in the nation.  Justin Fields.

Physical measurements:

Bo Nix - 6’2” 200 lbs

Justin Fields - 6’3” 221 lbs (Sr year high school)

2017 Stats:

Bo Nix - 196/307 2,872 36/4 : rush ? (Missed 4 games with injury)

Justin Fields - 98/148 1,678 21/2 : rush 119 / 995 15 TD’s

Now we all know stats on paper can be interpreted different ways, but I have no doubt many of you watched some video of Fields last year. So what made Fields a sure fire 5* and #1 player compared to Nix now?

24 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I would say it is a fair bet several members of this board feel that BN based upon his performances this summer at Rivals 5*, The Opening in Dallas, Elite 11, multiple 7 on 7 tournaments and camps, he deserves to be a 5* player when new rankings come out, whenever that may be.  Now seeing as he is the #1 Dual rated QB on composite rankings, here is the debate:

There was no doubt that last year the #1 Dual threat QB was a 5* player, that also ended up being the #1 player in the nation.  Justin Fields.

Physical measurements:

Bo Nix - 6’2” 200 lbs

2017 Stats:

Now we all know stats on paper can be interpreted different ways, but I have no doubt many of you watched some video of Fields last year. So what made Fields a sure fire 5* and #1 player compared to Nix now?

Wasn’t committed to Auburn!lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 6/29/2018 at 6:12 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I know! You feel bamboozled. Obviously I come across like a seasoned, gritty and MATURE (lol yah right! I am allergic to maturity) middle aged man.

I knew you were a youngster when I realized your AUFamily name sounded similar to a band my kids went to Lollapalooza to see. 

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Physical measurements:

Bo Nix - 6’2” 200 lbs

2017 Stats:

1 hour ago, toddc said:

904B6651-5819-4230-9B4F-04CCBA246F5D.gif

hahahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:
On 6/29/2018 at 6:12 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I know! You feel bamboozled. Obviously I come across like a seasoned, gritty and MATURE (lol yah right! I am allergic to maturity) middle aged man.

I knew you were a youngster when I realized your AUFamily name sounded similar to a band my kids went to Lollapalooza to see. 

I thought he was middle age and he was the sixth member of Fleetwood Mac.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

You can take dual QB out of the discussion. Reality is he is a mobile pro style QB. The only reason he's listed as a Dual on the Composite is 247 hasn't moved him over to pro style yet like Rivals & ESPN have.

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So what made Fields a sure fire 5* and #1 player compared to Nix now?

More ready body, size & better perception of arm ability.

But again comparing him to pro styles would be the better call. Looking at 247 only rankings Bo is ranked as the #8 QB overall & if properly rated as a pro style would be #6. I find it hard to believe that 5 other Pro Style QBs have done better so far in this class than Bo. The only one that has kept up with him is Spencer Rattler. I know Little Tua has improved a good deal but to have him rated higher than Bo is a joke IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toddc said:

Was privately when JF got his ratings push.

Fields for running abilities Nix for passing abilities.  

If Nix were 6-3 he’d be 5 star.  247 tries to project out college and pro.  Which is silly.  Nix will be a very solid if not all-sec/American type QB at AU.  

Just now, corchjay said:

247 tries to project out college and pro.

All 3 recruiting sites do that to a great extent.

Watch Stidham this year that will be about what you can expect from Nix.  Very similar which I think Nix is more accurate underneath but isn’t as accurate down the field as Stidham.  That’s not a knock on Nix because Stidham throws one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

With due respect real Arm strength is measured in RPMs, not distance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Revolutions per minute?

Really proud momma's

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4