2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

In considering Bo's future and not throwing him to the wolves - any chance Stidham is back? I just have a gut feeling we are looking at a Sean/Jeremy kind of year again if he leaves. 

2 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

any chance Stidham is back?

Not for Bo's sake. JS will make the decision he feels is best for himself. If I were to put odds on it I would say JS leaving is a 3 TD favorite right now.

I just have a gut feeling we are looking at a Sean/Jeremy kind of year again if he leaves. 

If Gus survives we have a good shot at landing Kelly Bryant. Not sure how you feel about him.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not for Bo's sake. JS will make the decision he feels is best for himself. If I were to put odds on it I would say JS leaving is a 3 TD favorite right now.

If Gus survives we have a good shot at landing Kelly Bryant. Not sure how you feel about him.

I figure he is more likely to leave than stay, but not sure if he feels he can improve his draft stock from what has been a pretty disappointing season. The O-line has to get better, right?  

I would feel worlds better about Bryant right now. I use to try and kid myself into believing Gus could use any QB and develop a QB. Now it seems pretty clear he needs a mobile QB who can execute the RPO. Just have to hope Bryant has it between the ears like Marshall because Gus isnt going anywhere after this year and it appears Bryant is our next QB.

50 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I figure he is more likely to leave than stay, but not sure if he feels he can improve his draft stock from what has been a pretty disappointing season. The O-line has to get better, right?  

He's likely to leave regardless of draft stock. He's ready to move on from AU.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's likely to leave regardless of draft stock. He's ready to move on from AU.

Well, kind of hate to hear that is the case, but I imagine it has to be frustrating and he is set for life in any matter!

I would feel worlds better about Bryant right now. I use to try and kid myself into believing Gus could use any QB and develop a QB. Now it seems pretty clear he needs a mobile QB who can execute the RPO. Just have to hope Bryant has it between the ears like Marshall because Gus isnt going anywhere after this year and it appears Bryant is our next QB.

Did you not watch last years team? Stidham set a record in passing, and he is truly not at RPO QB.

Our problem is a weak OL...that tends to create problems for your running game, AND passing game at times too..

And there is no way JS is staying. If he doesn't have a good draft option, then I wonder more if he would grad transfer to another school. But know is age, and how he has had to go to 3 schools, now engaged...I expect he is ready to just go to the NFL...

Edited by steeleagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Did you not watch last years team? Stidham set a record in passing, and he is truly not at RPO QB.

Our problem is a weak OL...that tends to create problems for your running game, AND passing game at times too..

And there is no way JS is staying. If he doesn't have a good draft option, then I wonder more if he would grad transfer to another school. But know is age, and how he has had to go to 3 schools, now engaged...I expect he is ready to just go to the NFL...

Yes, I watched last year. I watched Stidham do a great job with a pretty dang good O-line and a certain guy lighting it up in the NFL right now on a bad team. And let's be honest - a passing record at AU is not exactly a high bar. For Gus to be consistent - I think he needs an RPO guy. When KJ got hurt - we got rocked. Not that it was on JS that we got rocked but due to the stubborn coach we have not changing the plan. The only way to combat the stubbornness is to have the mobile QB. 

This is what I fear for Bo is that he is in the mold of JS, but I dont think he is suited to start for 3 years without a really good O-line. KB is at least a 1 or 2 year answer to get us through what may be another rough year in the trenches for our O-line. 

I wonder how the landscape changes if we have Hugh Freeze running the show and responsible for Bo's development.

Who has H Freeze developed as a coach (QB)?  

Personally, the OL won't get fixed overnight, thus I am pulling for Bo to play immediately or be given the chance.  Thus it sets us up for an amazing 2020 and 2021 run at the SECW.  

On 11/6/2018 at 10:05 AM, steeleagle said:

He won't drop past the 4th round. The NFL people know what is going on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I wonder how the landscape changes if we have Hugh Freeze running the show and responsible for Bo's development.

Personally, the OL won't get fixed overnight, thus I am pulling for Bo to play immediately or be given the chance.  Thus it sets us up for an amazing 2020 and 2021 run at the SECW.  

Shea Patterson, Chad Swag Kelly

Edited by aujeff11

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

True freshman playing behind this AU OL? Recipe for disaster. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Using that logic it would seem you wouldn't want him to play immediately so his confidence doesn't get seriously shaken by a poor OL.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Using that logic it would seem you wouldn't want him to play immediately so his confidence doesn't get seriously shaken by a poor OL.

Kinda thinking he is not fragile, mentally.   Maybe I am wrong.   I have some faith in Pat having him ready for this.   Or heck, we develop more than just one guy!  Such a novel idea that I might get banned from the forum.  Just delete my post if needed, pls don't ban me.  

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That includes Cord Sandberg to me too. He may be 24 by the time spring practice rolls around...but he has NO experience running our offense (and if we change OC, then he has to go through another learning curve), and he has only play football in HS about 6 years ago....

So we better hope he is super smart when it comes to learning to play QB at a P5 school..or we better get a JC top level QB..and please tell me that K. Bryant the transfer from Clemson can truly throw the ball as well as Marshall did for us..or we will have a weak passing game in 2019...

Kinda thinking he is not fragile, mentally.

Still would not be advizable IMO.

Such a novel idea that I might get banned from the forum.  Just delete my post if needed, pls don't ban me.  

giphy.gif

Some kind of sarcasm I'm guessing?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Kinda thinking he is not fragile, mentally.   Maybe I am wrong.   I have some faith in Pat having him ready for this.   Or heck, we develop more than just one guy!  Such a novel idea that I might get banned from the forum.  Just delete my post if needed, pls don't ban me.  

I don't think it would mean he is fragile if he gets traumatized by playing behind a terrible OL. And Gus would still be involved. He's got a growing list of QBs who dramatically failed to live up to expectations and suddenly started looking lost and scared on the field. And some of them had already played some ball.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That includes Cord Sandberg to me too. He may be 24 by the time spring practice rolls around...but he has NO experience running our offense (and if we change OC, then he has to go through another learning curve), and he has only play football in HS about 6 years ago....

So we better hope he is super smart when it comes to learning to play QB at a P5 school..or we better get a JC top level QB..and please tell me that K. Bryant the transfer from Clemson can truly throw the ball as well as Marshall did for us..or we will have a weak passing game in 2019...

He actually played in a somewhat similar offense in high school.

Being around the program this season, as well as being 24, actually does give him a significant leg up on physical and mental maturity.

If K Bryant could pass like Nick Marshall, he'd probably still be the starter at Clemson. IMO. 

The chances are very high that we're still going to have a bad OL and a weak passing game in 2019 no matter who the QB is. 

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He won't drop past the 4th round. The NFL people know what is going on. 

And as much as he has mad love for AU and his teammates he's a fish outta water in Auburn Alabama.  Not his cup of tea.  I'm with E on this one I'd say above 70% he's gone unless some snake oil saleman comes along and somehow convinces him to stay.  

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

And as much as he has mad love for AU and his teammates he's a fish outta water in Auburn Alabama.  Not his cup of tea.  I'm with E on this one I'd say above 70% he's gone unless some snake oil saleman comes along and somehow convinces him to stay.  

It seems like if CHF could come in and explain to JS that he could get him a 1st round pick in 2020 and he could mentor Bo for a year, then maybe he could talk him into it.  However I don't believe it will happen.  I 100% believe JS is gone and Bo & Baseball kid will battle it out next year for starting spot.  I believe JS is ready to move on with his life after college football

Why don’t we just wait until the end of the year and ask JS? Won’t happen because then people couldn’t debate endlessly about something they don’t know.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, toddc said:

Why don’t we just wait until the end of the year and ask JS? Won’t happen because then people couldn’t debate endlessly about something they don’t know.

People want to know where info is leading though. So there is no harm in posting the way things look from people connected to the program. From people connected, there has been no indication at any point so far this season that he will be back next year. And there has been no debate since no real info has come in trhat he would return.

Edited by ellitor

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 9:40 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I agree. Bo's got some wheels but he better keep the tires pumped because I don't see a whole lot of improvement coming from our OL next season. I hope I'm wrong