2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I agree. Bo's got some wheels but he better keep the tires pumped because I don't see a whole lot of improvement coming from our OL next season. I hope I'm wrong

A high school qb playing for Gus? That is a disaster.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

RvEd.gif

justin.gif

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

A high school qb playing for Gus? That is a disaster.

I agree. It would be better if we could get someone that has graduated from high school.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Not if Gus hires an OC/QB Coach and lets him coach. 

lol how many years in a row will this be the narrative when we all know it will never happen? He needs a elite OL coach/recruiter just as bad to fix the mess himself and herb hand/JB has us in.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LakeBum said:

I agree. It would be better if we could get someone that has graduated from high school.

lol you know what I meant. Gus needs someone who is JUCO READY!!!!!! hahahaha.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol you know what I meant. Gus needs someone who is JUCO READY!!!!!! hahahaha.

Or transfer ready.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or transfer ready.

Watching Mond use his legs,  make me think Bryant is what we need next year.  Also, Bryant I imagine is just as accurate of a passer as Mond is right now. 

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Watching Mond use his legs,  make me think Bryant is what we need next year.  Also, Bryant I imagine is just as accurate of a passer as Mond is right now. 

Takes more than being an accurate passer though. Your passing has to create explosive plays which his really hasn't done yet in his career. I still think he's the best option for 2019 though.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Takes more than being an accurate passer though. Your passing has to create explosive plays which his really hasn't done yet in his career. I still think he's the best option for 2019 though.

Fat chance we have of actually getting him. Program is falling the hell apart and we're likely stuck with him for two more years. Be shocked if either Pappoe or Pickens sticks with us. Unbelievable. Now we get to experience what Tennessee has gone through the last decade.

Edited by AUwent

Nix wasn't sacked once his senior season, lol he does not need to behind a trash OL as a freshman.

We need someone who is proficient in improvising due to poor OL play and poor and obvious playcalls

On 11/24/2018 at 7:51 PM, AUwent said:

Fat chance we have of actually getting him. Program is falling the hell apart and we're likely stuck with him for two more years. Be shocked if either Pappoe or Pickens sticks with us. Unbelievable. Now we get to experience what Tennessee has gone through the last decade.

Got to give you credit. When you melt you melt hard, albeit some of it irrational though.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Got to give you credit. When you mailed you melt hard, albeit some of it irrational though.

What can I say, I commit.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:48 PM, Tiger said:

Nix wasn't sacked once his senior season, lol he does not need to behind a trash OL as a freshman.

We need someone who is proficient in improvising due to poor OL play and poor and obvious playcalls

A QB who actually hits the wide open receiver the play-caller presented him with would be a start. Also, one who isn't laughing and joking on the sidelines in the second half while he's losing to UGA would help.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, Tiger said:

To their credit, they have improved the last three games and did very well against Alabama in my opinion.  And these last three games (minus Liberty) were in hostile territory.  I think only 1-2 false starts were recorded.  That's about it.  The only holding penalty was on Sal this past weekend who obviously is not on the OL.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 2

Just clicked on Rivals and they show Nix as a 5-star now. They list him as a Pro-Style QB, while 247 lists him as a Dual Threat. Rivals has Nix as the #1 Pro-Style QB, and the second QB overall behind #1 Dual Threat Spencer Rattler. Nix and Rattler are the only 5-star QBs per Rivals.

247 lists Nix as a 4-star, and the #1 Dual-Threat QB. 247 lists Rattler as a 4-star and the #1 Pro-Style QB. Nix is the second overall QB behind Rattler. 247's composite ratings (which take into account both 247 and other rating organizations) show Rattler as a 5-star.

ESPN lists Nix as a 4-star, and the #4 Pocket Passer QB. They list Rattler as a 4-star and the #1 Dual Threat QB. ESPN has Rattler as the #1 overall QB and Nix as the fifth overall QB behind Rattler and three Pocket Passer QBs in front of him. ESPN has no QBs rated as 5-stars.

Edited by meh130
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Just clicked on Rivals and they show Nix as a 5-star now. They list him as a Pro-Style QB, while 247 lists him as a Dual Threat. Rivals has Nix as the #1 Pro-Style QB, and the second QB overall behind #1 Dual Threat Spencer Rattler. Nix and Rattler are the only 5-star QBs per Rivals.

247 lists Nix as a 4-star, and the #1 Dual-Threat QB. 247 lists Rattler as a 5-star and the #1 Pro-Style QB. Nix is the second overall QB behind Rattler.

ESPN lists Nix as a 4-star, and the #4 Pocket Passer QB. They list Rattler as a 4-star and the #1 Dual Threat QB. ESPN has Rattler as the #1 overall QB and Nix as the fifth overall QB behind Rattler and three Pocket Passer QBs in front of him. ESPN has no QBs rated as 5-stars.

One is going to get coached by Lincoln effin Riley and the other by Gus. That is all you need to know when it comes to this......

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, meh130 said:

247 lists Nix as a 4-star, and the #1 Dual-Threat QB. 247 lists Rattler as a 5-star and the #1 Pro-Style QB. Nix is the second overall QB behind Rattler.

With due respect all these ranking updates happened nearly 4 months ago.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

that very well could happen 

1 and done?   at his age?

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not if LR takes a pro job.

He is at a blue blood college job. It would take a blue blood NFL job to open up like the packers or cowboys. Which very well could happen. He is def my first choice on who I want to coach Aaron Rodgers and replace the Gus of the NFL in Mike bleepin McCarthy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is at a blue blood college job. It would take a blue blood NFL job to open up like the packers or cowboys.

With due respect no it doesn't in many cases. Many college HCs of blue blood schools have left for NFL jobs at non blue blood pro teams.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

With due respect no it doesn't in many cases. Many college HCs of blue blood schools have left for NFL jobs at non blue blood pro teams.

I meant specifically in HIS case not past cases. BUT awwww shucks. You said all due respect. How can I not love that?! lol.

• Thanks 1