2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I meant specifically in HIS case not past cases. BUT awwww shucks. You said all due respect. How can I not love that?! lol.

Because I have treated you like crap way too much in the past so I had to be clear I was posting a different opinion with good intentions.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is at a blue blood college job. It would take a blue blood NFL job to open up like the packers or cowboys. Which very well could happen. He is def my first choice on who I want to coach Aaron Rodgers and replace the Gus of the NFL in Mike bleepin McCarthy.

Unfortunately the Packers have the '13, '14  lack of defense issues we had so they have to outscore everyone. It's not working well at all. Not a good football year for me at all. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Unfortunately the Packers have the '13, '14  lack of defense issues we had so they have to outscore everyone. It's not working well at all. Not a good football year for me at all. 

Aaron Rodgers (and cam) are my 2 favorite NFL players. So yah def not a good year for me either. But Mike is just like Gus. Refuses to adapt his offense. He trots out the same dang crap as he did when he first got the job when Favre was still the QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Aaron Rodgers (and cam) are my 2 favorite NFL players. So yah def not a good year for me either. But Mike is just like Gus. Refuses to adapt his offense. He trots out the same dang crap as he did when he first got the job when Favre was still the QB.

That and we can't catch a break with the injuries.  Each week is a new lineup

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I really hope we can get Bryant but if not I wouldn’t be surprised to see this guy starting next season 

Yup. Him or Sandberg is my guess if we don’t get Kelly.

• Like 1

I can't understand why nix isn't a consensus 5 star.... Not that it matters but he is elite.... I've been watching more of his tape and he had better wheels than I realized. I think he will fit very well in any system to be honest, minus gt triple option lol.... But he has decent speed, I know it's highschool competition but it's in a brutal region and class filled with D1 talent so... There's that. I expect him to start if we don't get KB or KT. Maybe but game one but by mid season.

8 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What a great career . Glad he is coming to AU . Nix is going to attract a lot of big time skill players 

I hope so. Hopefully we won't be calling him a "project" this time next year. Gatewood was supposed to be the whole package as well.

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Part of me almost wants bo nix to start next year and just take over the next three to four years 

Do you want to see Kheil Frazier 2.0? Starting Nix next season letting him take his licks next season with this OL has a higher chance for disaster than success.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

I hope so. Hopefully we won't be calling him a "project" this time next year. Gatewood was supposed to be the whole package as well.

It was made crystal clear long before he signed that Joey was going to be a project FWIW.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Do you want to see Kheil Frazier 2.0? Starting Nix next season letting him take his licks next season with this OL has a higher chance for disaster than success.

I know man . That’s the part that wants kelly , Tate or cord to start. I just want consistency in the program and not second guessing at least for the next four years what our qb situation will be . I guess stability is what I am looking for . Too much to ask I guess 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nix and Frazier are two different situations. Frazier played in a tiny classification in Arky. Nix has seen big-time high school competition and bright lights.

I still think we'll be better off with a grad transfer for one year, but if Nix has to start, it won't be the same as Frazier. Also, that OL wll be much improved next year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

It was made crystal clear long before he signed that Joey was going to be a project FWIW.

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh huh. Like I said, we'll be saying the same exact things about Bo.

November 2019: "Bo was always going to be a project!"

So if you're correct, is Gustav capable of signing a damn HS QB who ISN'T a project?

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nix and Frazier are two different situations. Frazier played in a tiny classification in Arky. Nix has seen big-time high school competition and bright lights.

I still think we'll be better off with a grad transfer for one year, but if Nix has to start, it won't be the same as Frazier. Also, that OL wll be much improved next year.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Coming from a big school or small one. I'm pretty sure you have argued that a freshman starting isn't a good thing. And we assume the o line will improve but that's not set in stone. And even if they do the question is improve how much? I think looking at how Bentley does is comparable for nix

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh huh

Did you not visit the recruiting forum during Joey's recruitment? Him being a project was a major talking point because Joey did not play much QB before his high school SR year & even in his SR year only got half his team's QB snaps even though he seemed to progress will in that time.

38 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Like I said, we'll be saying the same exact things about Bo.

November 2019: "Bo was always going to be a project!"

Nope. Bo has had much more QB playing experience coming into his college career than Joey had. Bo has been QB1 at his schools at least back through his Soph year & maybe been as a freshman too. And it's December BTW.

42 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So if you're correct, is Gustav capable of signing a damn HS QB who ISN'T a project?

Lol. Just answered the question with Bo. Also Sean White wasn't a project. He just didn't have a high ceiling.

Playing at a big program def has its advantages in high school. Coaching and facilities are usually better, opponents are better trained and coached, and more chances at playing in pressure situations on TV. Just to name some advantages.

Small school athletes have a harder road with less good players around them, opponents have less everything, and the athlete often gets spoiled as the Big Man on Campus.

Point: Bo has had to read coverage and avoid good blitz schemes. KF could just scramble out and throw it to the deep guy

• Like 2

Let me be clear in my Bo-Kheil comparison. I am not saying they are the same or similar type QBs in any way.  The comparison comes from how Kheil played like a deer looking in head lights and that could happen with Bo with the poor OL we have. He could get pounded as a freshman if he started & it could severely hurt his confidence. Heck our OL had a factor in Stadham regressing this season.

• Like 1

True. My statement was in general. As for specific, one could also say that Bo, with better High School experiences, could come in Day 1 and turn up

1 hour ago, AUallday said:

True. My statement was in general. As for specific, one could also say that Bo, with better High School experiences, could come in Day 1 and turn up

My rebutt was for anyone who may have interpreted my OP on this topic the way Mikey did FWIW.

• Like 1