2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!
On 1/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

I predict that Nix will start next year. Number 2 will be Gatewood. Everyone else may transfer. Drop the mic. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gatewood transfer if Nix wins the job. Think Willis and Sandberg stay.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Final Top 247 is out. Bo got a big 40 spot bump & is a composite 5*!

I just saw that before coming on this thread. Well deserved, IMO, even if it doesn't really mean much on the field.

25 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Last two composite five star QBs that signed with Auburn:

Jason Campbell

Cam Newton.

nice 

Cam wasn't a composite 5* when he signed with AU out of Juco although he should have been.

Nineteen years since we signed a composite 5* QB.  Jason Campbell in 2000 class.  Congrats to Bo, but he still has to win the job on the field.  I'm sure Jason will vouch to that.  And I don't believe Jason's competitors were quite as talented as Bo's. It will sure be interesting this spring and fall.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, autan said:

Nineteen years since we signed a composite 5* QB.  Jason Campbell in 2000 class.  Congrats to Bo, but he still has to win the job on the field.  I'm sure Jason will vouch to that.  And I don't believe Jason's competitors were quite as talented as Bo's. It will sure be interesting this spring and fall.

That’s the nicest thing I’ve read on this board about our qbs! LOL 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

War Bo!  Congrats on the 5th star!   Now it’s time to make your dreams come true!

And mine! Championship 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Ok so I have been Stoked about Bo the whole time....the more I watch the more excited I get. This kid is the real deal. I remember a stat that he was only saced a couple times his JR and SR season combined....I see why....thats what I love about Bo....he gets pressured.....and he is quite mobile to extend plays if need be....but he always has eyes down field.....ALWAYS.....just wtch some of the throws when JS would be changing his pants and BN throws a strike ....I cant wait to watch him on the Plains the next 3-4 years!!!! Its Great...to be.....an Auburn Tiger

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok so I have been Stoked about Bo the whole time....the more I watch the more excited I get. This kid is the real deal. I remember a stat that he was only saced a couple times his JR and SR season combined....I see why....thats what I love about Bo....he gets pressured.....and he is quite mobile to extend plays if need be....but he always has eyes down field.....ALWAYS.....just wtch some of the throws when JS would be changing his pants and BN throws a strike ....I cant wait to watch him on the Plains the next 3-4 years!!!! Its Great...to be.....an Auburn Tiger

He could be the next freshman phenom if coaching doesn't fail him and I unfortunately think it will. 

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3

He is Legit.....his footwork for a HS Sr is great....mechanics....great.....His arm continues to impress....i noticed from JR to SR seasons he improved on his deepball a lot. Jr year he seemed to underthrow just a hair where the WRS had to slow a step but SR year catching in stride....but the throws when he is improvising are what get me the most excited....he has the arm strength to make any throw.....he can use his arm at different angles as needed....I really think he could definitely start as a fresh....however i really hope he doesnt....i want him to get a year to develope to the college game speed....but i wouldnt be suprised if he starts 2019.

• Like 1

Watched his senior highlights on an al.com piece and he should fit in fine at AU.....looked like had almost no OL in front of him in most games.   Was  under heavy rush on a regular basis and did a pretty good job of avoiding the rush, stepping up or whatever was necessary.   He improvised quite a bit with some high risk throws that probably could not get away with in the SEC....but looked quick minded when pressured.   Will be nice to have him on the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Watched his senior highlights on an al.com piece and he should fit in fine at AU.....looked like had almost no OL in front of him in most games.   Was  under heavy rush on a regular basis and did a pretty good job of avoiding the rush, stepping up or whatever was necessary.   He improvised quite a bit with some high risk throws that probably could not get away with in the SEC....but looked quick minded when pressured.   Will be nice to have him on the team.

Some of the throws....however ill advised.....like throwing across field against his body.....were damn impressive....i'll have to rewatch to get the time but there was one pass where he got a bad snap (which happened often) and he picked it up and threw under heavy duress from his backfoot falling backwards to an open 5 yard hitch route on the opposite side of the field...it was so impressive because it was jut arm and he threw that thing on a rope....as ole Trent D would say.....that was a dime!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

He will definitely have to learn about slinging some of those throws..... before or very soon in the season. I’m almost willing to bet he wins it early. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

He will definitely have to learn about slinging some of those throws..... before or very soon in the season. I’m almost willing to bet he wins it early. 

I'm still thinking JG based on maturity but nice to have an actual competition for the job.    

• Like 1

Haven't really watched his film before.  Bo is more mobile than I thought.  Our other QB's are going to have to be very very good to hold him off. 

33 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Haven't really watched his film before.  Bo is more mobile than I thought.  Our other QB's are going to have to be very very good to hold him off. 

He's definitely mobile. Given his somewhat slender physique & him not being jet Nick Marshall fast I'm not sure how much Gus will use his mobility near as much as people are hoping.

• Like 1

Speed from games against HS opponents can be deceiving....but willingness to tuck and run to salvage a play gone bad is valuable....hope to have that from our QB this season.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's definitely mobile. Given his somewhat slender physique & him not being jet Nick Marshall fast I'm not sure how much Gus will use his mobility near as much as people are hoping.

It's great if you are mobile enough to run the zone read effectively. Colt McCoy did it well at Texas for 4 years without Marshall speed. But even more important than that is the ability to elude the first tackler when pressured by the defense.  I think Bo will be able to do that. It was a real problem with Stidham, along with holding the ball too long.

• Like 2